Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

11 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I’d say so they’d only be enquiring so hardly crime of the century. Can’t see him going there though.

Depends on your point of view lot's of crimes aren't considered the crime of the century but they're still crimes, this is tapping players up and it may be small beer but it's the thin edge of a dodgy wedge.

He’ll be a success wherever he goes imo. Just that type of guy. 

The difference between ings and youri is the players ambition. Youri will only accept an offer from a top club so we have limited teams to drive the price up and generally speaking the top clubs stay out of each other’s way for transfers. 

Just looked at Arsenal Mania and it's just like when they had hard-ons thinking they would get Maddison last year.

Let's act like the London clubs do and where they don't sell their best players to one another. Also they didn't want to loan us Anisley MN last year...so f*** them and hope their dreams of Tielemans going there are shattered!

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
5 hours ago, Strokes said:

Are you sure driving Gail Platt into a canal will help?

Burying Trevor Jordache under the patio would be better

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

I’d say so they’d only be enquiring so hardly crime of the century. Can’t see him going there though.

They'll be taking the long way long way home to a breakfast in America - a bit of a dreamer

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

100% he's off, wish him well top player and bloke. Just hope we can replace with someone equally as effective as prime YT. 

Would be sad to see him go, but not as much as when Kante and Mahrez left

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Would be sad to see him go, but not as much as when Kante and Mahrez left

Hope the club are setting up a helpline for when JV hangs em up. 

When we blew top 4 again, I said the only way we get Youri to sign is if we show intent in the transfer market and persuade him this is the season, unfortunately we did neither so it's no surprise he wants gone.

Think he wanted Liverpool but they're not interested.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

100% he's off, wish him well top player and bloke. Just hope we can replace with someone equally as effective as prime YT. 

He can be replaced but we need an experienced , proven performer and he won't be cheap.

18 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

When we blew top 4 again, I said the only way we get Youri to sign is if we show intent in the transfer market and persuade him this is the season, unfortunately we did neither so it's no surprise he wants gone.

Think he wanted Liverpool but they're not interested.

100% we had the chance two years in a row to strengthen the side in January which would have got us a top 4 spot but the lack of vision cost us and now it will cost us maybe 2-3 players leaving in the summer . 

• Like 3

Absolute hero for us and have accepted he will leave in summer, and hopefully for the right price that suits us not any buyers. 

Did not think for one second he would leave us for Arsenal. And I don't think it's realistic. Maybe a smokescreen agent move? Could his agent have been at Arsenal for any other reason/player? 

Would hope he moves abroad - couldn't bare to watch him tear it up against us in this country. Bayern, Real, PSG I could see him being world class there. 

• Like 1

Let’s just be clear here;

1. Youri will 100% be leaving us in the summer at the latest, can’t see him going in Jan (maybe a pre-agreement made for the summer).

2. Youri will 1000% NOT be going to Arsenal!

3. Youri will 10000% leave us as a legend! Cup final wonder goal bringing silverware to the club.

• Like 1

Surely he has more ambition than fecking Arsenal. 

If his agent wants to drum up interest and attract top clubs, he shouldn't throw those tossers into the ring.

Oh, and I wish him well wherever he goes, unless it's Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Man U, Man City, Chelsea or Notts Forest.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle
or Newcastle or Cov
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

🤷‍♂️ We shouldn’t have bottled top 4 twice in a row.

That didn't help but I think that he'd have been looking to leave at this point anyway, even if we'd finished top 4 in both seasons. Just like Kanté couldn't wait to leave after we won the league. I'm sure that he loves it here but he knows that we don't have the resources to challenge for honours year in year out. So if he can join a club that has he will be off like a shot, sadly. If the only offer on the table is from Arsenal he might pause, though. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I’d rather he went to Arsenal than Liverpool, that’s for sure.

I'd utterly detest it if he turned out in a Liverpool shirt. Couldn't think of anything worse. Even Man U would be better than that, though still unpalatable. It would be an enormous let down if he turned out for Arsenal though. For him and us. I'm assuming the Arsenal thing is just white noise though.

• Like 1

I do think that it's on the club to be a bit more forthright with these things. I know hindsight is everything but really he should have gone after the FA cup win. 

Perfect time to sell for both us and the player. He leaves a legend, can command an insane salary and we get the biggest fee possible. 

A club like ours has to be bold and brave enough to know the right time to act. I'm glad we got rid of release clauses but it also means we end up in situations like this. 

But then I'm in favour of binning off transfer fees altogether and just treating it like a normal job - don't wanna be somewhere? Quit and apply for somewhere else. 

Arsenal is still historically a big club.  They still have money.  It’s a place where Tielemans is unlikely to struggle for regular starts as he might at one of the mega clubs.  People dismissing the chance of this happening are kidding themselves - it’s perfectly realistic.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1