Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 minutes ago, motdsteve said:

Sorry, I have not read the whole thread but surely Wes and the club don’t need the distraction now. He would be their 3rd choice and has said he loves being here and has contract for 2027.

They play 3 at the back so 3rd choice is still effectively first string. :P

2 minutes ago, motdsteve said:

Sorry, I have not read the whole thread but surely Wes and the club don’t need the distraction now. He would be their 3rd choice and has said he loves being here and has contract for 2027.

Why on earth would we want to sell wes ,I really don't want this to happen, 1 of our best players ,

16 minutes ago, motdsteve said:

He wasn’t supposed to be first choice when he came here and look what happened. If he went to Chelsea I have full confidence he’d be their number one cb within about 5 games max. 

I have found it interesting how so many on here push our English players for international recognitition often on the basis of a couple of outstanding performances whilst Fofana gets none of that for France. He has not been recognised at any level yet. If he is that good why is that the case?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I have found it interesting how so many on here push our English players for international recognitition often on the basis of a couple of outstanding performances whilst Fofana gets none of that for France. He has not been recognised at any level yet. If he is that good why is that the case?

They have a pretty unprecedented pool of talent at centre back and can only pick so many. Incidentally, he was in line for a callup recently when Varane got injured but it coincided with his wedding so Konate got in instead.

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

U21s he has. 

Was due to be called up to the French squad for the Nations League just gone but was getting married so played 1 game for the 21s instead. 

He will be in that French squad in the next international break. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

That's going to be far more to do with the Drogba Ivory Coast/Marseille link than a deep seated love for West London.

He has openly spoken about Drogba being his childhood idol. 

(thank you @Mike Oxlong lol) 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suspect Chelsea are going to try.

It would be great to position ourselves so we could try to upset the relationship between tuchel and boehly (or at least strain it).  

let wes know that we are going to string them along and get them talking about a sale before pulling the plug - a weakened Chelsea is surely in our interest ??

Just now, st albans fox said:

It would be great to position ourselves so we could try to upset the relationship between tuchel and boehly (or at least strain it).  

let wes know that we are going to string them along and get them talking about a sale before pulling the plug - a weakened Chelsea is surely in our interest ??

Tbh, after old man Kobailly  (sp?) not sure how much more they are prepared to spend, as this would dwarf all previous transfers in this window

6 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I know we supposedly don't do release clauses anymore after the Kante debacle, but I find it hard to believe WF signed a 5 year contract without at least including a clause allowing him to speak to Champions League clubs should they come calling. Unless his agent is a dunce of course.

If he has a clause, and he fancies the move, the press will be all over it, especially if it’s Chelsea making the move.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yes you can have him, but in return we'll have 30m, Colwill and Gallagher. How does that sound?

Make it £50m at least as Colwill is unproven and Gallagher is not a Youri replacement 

• Like 3