Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

So if he is given a choice of staying here, where we have no europeon football this season, and at best realistically are only going to be competing for 6th or 7th, or going to Chelsea who are in the champions league, and likely to be playing champions league football for the forseeable, with realistic aspirations of competing for titles and trophies, do you really believe that he will turn them down over us. We have to be realistic. If there is any truth in this, then the only way we keep him, as I said earlier, is if he doesn't have a release clause or if he does, Chelsea are not prepared to meet it 

My point is he won’t be pushing it himself. If a bid gets accepted I’m sure he’ll probably go because of the opportunity. With us it was different because it was as if he was begging St Etienne to let him go. I don’t think that’s the case here. 

If they did bid 80m then no way we reject it.  That would be the world record transfer fee for a defender. It would be impossible to turn down. I really hope there is nothing to this but let's be real here if they offered that sort of money he's gone.  Champions league football and London is always a big draw so he will almost certainly want to go too. 

5 minutes ago, PNM said:

My point is he won’t be pushing it himself. If a bid gets accepted I’m sure he’ll probably go because of the opportunity. With us it was different because it was as if he was begging St Etienne to let him go. I don’t think that’s the case here. 

I hope you're right, but he pushed for a move from St Etienne because he seen us as a step forward in his career, he will certainly see Chelsea the same way.  

Now I understand what Brendan meant when he said we need a rebuild :crylaugh:

On a serious note nothing less than £120m for me. The lad's the next Van Dijk, there's certainly not many of them knocking about, so pay up or shut up. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Chelsea fans are funny. They are accepting of the 80m fee but believe they could bring it down with Kepa (we lost Kasper after all) or Barkley (he would do well for us) or could even consider loaning Colwil for 1 year (but certainly not permanent)

lol

Kepa and Barkley well at least they have a sense of humour. Colwil and maybe Ziyech at way under their market values and most of the 80m cash and maybe we can talk. We could lose one of the best young defenders in the world. He will end up at Barca or Real Madrid one day if he stays injury free 

• Like 3

From the bbc gossip column there are 5 CBs named that Chelsea will go after if they don’t get Kounde 

“If Kounde does not join, Chelsea will consider Villarreal's 25-year-old Spain central defender Pau Torres, Inter Milan's Slovakia centre-back Milan Skriniar, 27, and 20-year-old Croatia defender Josko Gvardiol, who is at RB Leipzig. Bayern Munich'sFrance duo Dayot Upamecano, 23, and Benjamin Pavard, 26, are also defensive options.”

I think we are safe as they won’t be spending the money we will ask for if the above is true.

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

From the bbc gossip column there are 5 CBs named that Chelsea will go after if they don’t get Kounde 

“If Kounde does not join, Chelsea will consider Villarreal's 25-year-old Spain central defender Pau Torres, Inter Milan's Slovakia centre-back Milan Skriniar, 27, and 20-year-old Croatia defender Josko Gvardiol, who is at RB Leipzig. Bayern Munich'sFrance duo Dayot Upamecano, 23, and Benjamin Pavard, 26, are also defensive options.”

I think we are safe as they won’t be spending the money we will ask for if the above is true.

Yeah hope so. They could probably get 2 or 3 of those for 1 Fofana which means we've priced him right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I hope your right. But no we're not in the driving seat. Players are nowadays.

I can see Chelsea throwing 70 to 80 million plus Colwell and we'll take it. Especially if Fofana says he wants to go.

And that would be a good offer surely?

25 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

And that would be a good offer surely?

Yes I totally agree. It's probably the best we could hope for especially after his bad leg break.

Who knows if it will stand up to a full and vigorous season of challenges.

19 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Chelsea quoted as needing a left sided centre half to play in a three ..! 
2+2 

2+2 = £100m

Yes, my maths is that good  :D

19 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Chelsea quoted as needing a left sided centre half to play in a three ..! 
2+2 

Good job Wes plays predominantly on the right for us then. Evans is the left sided centre half.

Given how the club has been going in the last year or two, if I was little Wes I’d be off like a shot tbf. 
We seem to be at the end of the golden era, whilst Chelsea are building up again under the new owner.
That said, if we do lose Fofana and don’t replace him with quality very quickly, our season is effectively over in terms of doing anything very much at all. 

Fofana is that important to the club.

Given what was said this week about Barnes.. that we just shouldn’t sell him for however much money, I’d take that argument even further when we’re talking about Fofana. He is one player we must not sell, 100 million or no 100 million 

• Like 1