Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2022/01/22/61ebfc13268e3efc268b4596.html

There's some serious talent being watched by Los Blancos

Real Madrid are one of the biggest football clubs in the world and they are able to attract just about any player to the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu as a result.

That means that, whenever a talented teenager breaks through in the professional game, Los Blancos are never too far away.

Just as they snapped up the likes of Eduardo Camavinga and Vinicius Junior in recent years, these are now five young talents that Real Madrid are looking at.

Jude Bellingham is one of the most sought after teenagers having worked his way into the Borussia Dortmund first team at 17 years of age and he has kept his place this season, kicking on to new heights with the Black and Yellow.

He has also made his England debut already and is a regular in Gareth Southgate's squad.

Ryan Gravenberch has long been one of the most talented teenagers in Europe and the Ajax midfielder has begun to make more of an impact in the Eredivisie which has peaked the interest of Los Blancos.

Florian Wirtz, like Bellingham, is a teenager running riot in the Bundesliga, this time at Bayer Leverkusen. The attacking midfielder has become an integral part in their side which has the club third in the league.

A more defensive option for Real Madrid could be Wesley Fofana at Leicester City. The Frenchman has been injured for a long time, however, so he needs to regain full fitness before he can show his importance to Brendan Rodgers' side again.

Finally, 15-year-old Endrick has been turning heads in the Brazilian Serie A and is touted as the next great thing to come from South America. He can't sign a professional deal for Palmeiras until he is 16 but he has already played many times for the first team.

He wouldn't be able to come to Europe until he is 18 which gives Real Madrid plenty of time to sort out a deal should they wish to.

Edited by davieG
Title edited

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Sorry but there shouldnt even be a discussion about this. He literally just extended until 2027 and theres no way we even think about letting him go for anything under 100m.

Extending a contract means sweet f a.

Plus you don't know what's in that contract... If a bid comes in from certain clubs/ if a release clause amount is offered etc.

Didn't Maguire sign a new contract about 3 or 4 months before his move?

• Thanks 1

He's just signed a five year contract hasn't he? 

I'd be genuinely surprised if he doesn't do at least two years. We'd need either very silly money or him to down tools. 

Gotta be honest, the way he behaved at St Etienne does give me pause but eh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Plus you don't know what's in that contract... If a bid comes in from certain clubs/ if a release clause amount is offered etc.

Obviously but I highly doubt we'd agree for him to be able to leave for just 70-80m months after signing a 5 year contract.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Manure and Chelsea both showing interest in Fofana according to a couple of sources.

Needs a bid of just under 70m to get him..so it's rumoured.

0 chance he leaves for that little this summer. In one word: utterandtotalbollocks.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd be genuinely surprised if he doesn't do at least two years. We'd need either very silly money or him to down tools. 

Next summer he’s gone if he proves he can stay healthy.  Hopefully we’ll be laughing at 70 million then. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Maguire signed a new deal Sept 18, joined Man Utd Aug 2019

Doubt he will have a release clause either, we haven't done it since Kante and Vardy

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Waiting for City fans to kick off when he does the same here.

Can't have it both ways.

All the 5 years contract does is help us get a better fee

• Like 3

If Fofana continues on his upward trajectory then these rumours will just intensify until it drives us mad.  We will become obsessed with "will he stay or go" and then it will dawn on us that like the others Kanté, Mahrez, Maguire & Chilwell that he will depart for pastures new.  I just hope we have another couple of seasons of Fofana, then we can say goodbye in the right way.

It would be more of a surprise if the top clubs wasn't interested in signing him already.  If we don't have a release clause in his new contract, then he will cost another club even more next summer than this summer, he's that good, and his price will keep going up, so getting him this summer, even for what may seem to others on the outside a ridiculous amount of money, will actually be saving money on the longer term for the buying club. I can't see him being here for more than next season sadly, if I'm honest, but would be very disappointed to lose him this summer.