Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Chelsea fans are funny. They are accepting of the 80m fee but believe they could bring it down with Kepa (we lost Kasper after all) or Barkley (he would do well for us) or could even consider loaning Colwil for 1 year (but certainly not permanent)

lol

Barkley, for all sorts of reasons, nobody wants him. Perhaps we could do a suicide double and buy Smeli Ali to play alongside him?

53 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

There’s always a price. Personally I think that’s low for a talent as rare as Fofana @Ric Flair

Yeah I don't disagree but we aren't in the strongest of positions this summer and nobody would pay more than £100m for a defender.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I don't disagree but we aren't in the strongest of positions this summer and nobody would pay more than £100m for a defender.

Oh agreed. I’d be worried if we chose to sell him ahead of players like Tielemans Iheanacho & Soyuncu (understanding that there may not be quite the same level of interest in them). 
Fofana, JJ, KDH, Madders, Barnes  are the people we build the team around…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a feeling this might well happen too. Dominos falling...

Fofana got previous for pushing for a move too.

I think you are enjoying yourself a bit too much. lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Not remotely concerned about it, we’re in the driving seat here 

I hope your right. But no we're not in the driving seat. Players are nowadays.

I can see Chelsea throwing 70 to 80 million plus Colwell and we'll take it. Especially if Fofana says he wants to go.

He may have previous for pushing to leave but I get the feeling it’s different here. He recently talked about how much he loves it here for the support he was given by the club and fans following his horrific injury. Unless we accept a humongous bid, he’s not going anywhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Didn't he sign a contract at St etienne and then throw the toys a few months later?

He signed a new deal the summer of 2019 and then rejected their new offer when we bid for him in 2020. 

Just now, PNM said:

He may have previous for pushing to leave but I get the feeling it’s different here. He recently talked about how much he loves it here for the support he was given by the club and fans following his horrific injury. Unless we accept a humongous bid, he’s not going anywhere. 

So if he is given a choice of staying here, where we have no europeon football this season, and at best realistically are only going to be competing for 6th or 7th, or going to Chelsea who are in the champions league, and likely to be playing champions league football for the forseeable, with realistic aspirations of competing for titles and trophies, do you really believe that he will turn them down over us. We have to be realistic. If there is any truth in this, then the only way we keep him, as I said earlier, is if he doesn't have a release clause or if he does, Chelsea are not prepared to meet it