Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Given how the club has been going in the last year or two, if I was little Wes I’d be off like a shot tbf. 
We seem to be at the end of the golden era, whilst Chelsea are building up again under the new owner.
That said, if we do lose Fofana and don’t replace him with quality very quickly, our season is effectively over in terms of doing anything very much at all. 

Fofana is that important to the club.

Given what was said this week about Barnes.. that we just shouldn’t sell him for however much money, I’d take that argument even further when we’re talking about Fofana. He is one player we must not sell, 100 million or no 100 million 

I think you're overreacting somewhat, we're in a position where we're having to be careful as we're sailing a bit close to the wind in terms of our wage structure - it's not an ideal situation to be in, but we've got about 10 fairly high earners out of contract at the end of this season, which should give us the opportunity for a bit of a reset. We've made a few missteps, but we're being cautious and correcting them, that's the sign of prudent ownership. Meanwhile Chelsea are 'building again' by throwing mega money at everyone and anyone - I don't think that's the model for us to follow, and it's something that has never really brought us success.

All signals from board are that this is a strong squad, which it is, and they're expecting that now we're back to full fitness and don't have Europe to contend with, we should be aiming to be competitive this season regardless of transfer activity. The owners are investing in long-term success via the training ground and stadium infrastructure, and being careful to live within our means in the transfer market. I don't know if, as a player, I would prefer that or an owner who just throws money around like it's nothing, but I think we've cultivated a very strong, family feel around the club and players seem to genuinely enjoy playing here.

• Like 1

Its like some people don`t grasp that by clicking this crap, by giving it air time, they are actually indirectly supporting the status quo/the big six/fat clubs  :(

He’s not going anywhere this summer. Chelsea were haggling over Kounde at about 30m less than the fee Fofana would cost.

Hope it doesn’t unsettle him like we did with him at St. Ettiene though. 

Fofana goes nowwher this Summer. He has a stellar premier league season with us and then goes to Real, Barca, Man City, Liverpool or god knows who for a LOT of money either next season or season after depending on how we perform this year. 

DONT PLAY HIM V SEVILLA

14 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

We’ve played a blinder with this new contract, I’m not remotely stressed by the idea of anyone bidding

bit what if it’s accepted?

I heard he has a release clause…

They’ll need £100m minimum. I know we need to raise some funds but let’s not get silly and ruin our season for the sake of selling someone like him. Have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that he’s probably gonna be gone next season. 

• Like 1

There is no way he signed a 5 year contract in March for us to let him go this summer. If it was a 3 year contract maybe might be different but 5 years shows commitment. He will be here for a least the next 2 seasons then depending on how we have performed (weather we have European football or not) and he has 3 years left on his contract he might leave for big money to one of the rich clubs but not yet! 

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

There is no way he signed a 5 year contract in March for us to let him go this summer. If it was a 3 year contract maybe might be different but 5 years shows commitment. He will be here for a least the next 2 seasons then depending on how we have performed (weather we have European football or not) and he has 3 years left on his contract he might leave for big money to one of the rich clubs but not yet! 

Playing Devils Advocate here…

Maybe we wanted the 5 year contract with the plan that when he does go (even this summer) we get a massive transfer fee for him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Playing Devils Advocate here…

Maybe we wanted the 5 year contract with the plan that when he does go (even this summer) we get a massive transfer fee for him. 

I see your point but I doubt a player that was looming to leave would sign a contract of that length as it traps them for at least 2-3 years before they have any leverage over trying to force a move. 

I think if that were the case it would have been a 3 or 4 year contract

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I see your point but I doubt a player that was looming to leave would sign a contract of that length as it traps them for at least 2-3 years before they have any leverage over trying to force a move. 

I think the fact he was coming back from a serious injury probably helped us in this case. Bigger wages guaranteed for an extra few years would’ve made his mind up. 

• Like 1

He recently got married 

I wonder how his new spouse feels about spending some of her afternoons in w London splashing the cash ???

the club do not want to sell him but if the player is at all interested then a knock out offer could arrive ??  Then what do you do ?? 

53 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

It will be at least £90m due to sell ons and IF he did go I think it will be a black day at this point as we will have rolled over too early 

he has a contract to 2027 so he should be here for at least another season and if he has a full season he will be worth at least £90m maybe even more plus quality young centre half’s are rare and he is potentially the best in the world !!

Not enough!! He’s gonna be the best in the world no doubt about it.

Been saying since about his second game, he’ll end up playing at Madrid for years as the best defender in the world and they will think they got a bargain no matter how much we end up selling him for. I couldn’t believe he signed a contract extension, best football news at city since the cup final win!

2 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Once Wes is a full French international Real Madrid are going to come calling and thats where the big money is. 

Keep him for another year, maybe 2 if we're lucky and then sell to RM for £90m

Real Madrid try to avoid spending big on defenders. 

* relatively speaking. 

This will be Fofanas last season playing for us.

Many of the worlds biggest clubs will be monitoring to see if there are any long term effects from his injury and if he goes the full season without any reoccurrence then there will be huge money offers next summer.

The only reason he signed a long term deal with us is so that we get a good fee. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

It's called security. Sign it and hes guaranteed x amount of money for the next 5yrs. What if he broke his leg again and was finished.

Contracts now are a one way street. If he wants the move he will go.

He's also got previous for that.

• Like 1