Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Another name. This week:    Thomas, Madders, Kasper and now Wes.  Tomorrow KDH anyone?  

Next week:   Yanick, Bertrand, Hamza, Perez, Mendy, Ward and of course Youri every day.

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Barkley, for all sorts of reasons, nobody wants him. Perhaps we could do a suicide double and buy Smeli Ali to play alongside him?

Does Barkley hide other players' boots in the dressing room? That's what I read from this post

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Given how the club has been going in the last year or two, if I was little Wes I’d be off like a shot tbf. 
We seem to be at the end of the golden era, whilst Chelsea are building up again under the new owner.
That said, if we do lose Fofana and don’t replace him with quality very quickly, our season is effectively over in terms of doing anything very much at all. 

Fofana is that important to the club.

Given what was said this week about Barnes.. that we just shouldn’t sell him for however much money, I’d take that argument even further when we’re talking about Fofana. He is one player we must not sell, 100 million or no 100 million 

I see it a little differently, if I was in his position I'd stay for a season and hold out for a team a level above like Man City/Liverpool or one of Real/Bayern/Barca (if they still have magic money trees) as he will be a level above Chelsea in my view.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I see it a little differently, if I was in his position I'd stay for a season and hold out for a team a level above like Man City/Liverpool or one of Real/Bayern/Barca (if they still have magic money trees) as he will be a level above Chelsea in my view.

Or just move to Chelsea, get a huge signing on fee, develop further and then get another huge signing on fee when he makes his ‘big move’ to Real Madrid or PSG?

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Or just move to Chelsea, get a huge signing on fee, develop further and then get another huge signing on fee when he makes his ‘big move’ to Real Madrid or PSG?

I suppose only time will tell whether Chelsea's new owners are going to splash the cash as much as Abramovich. Probably those days are gone.

Unless he really wants to go I’d try to keep him if at all possible. He was on everyone’s untouchable list.  Fofana is such a key player for us and imagine his worth in a couple of years time. He is guaranteed a place here and is loved by all the fans. Not for sale. 

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

According to Ben Jacobs (yes i know) Fofana has just liked a tweet saying 70 million to Chelsea minimum, if true, then this is where it begins.

That was last month

In that tweet it also says that Rodgers absolutely wants to keep Fofana

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

According to Ben Jacobs (yes i know) Fofana has just liked a tweet saying 70 million to Chelsea minimum, if true, then this is where it begins.

the tweet  was from a month ago when there were some rumours

it was Lcfc France saying that rodgers would not want to sell fofana and that the club would not consider any offers below £70m

Hence the context is a little different from how you’ve framed it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox1norfolk said:

But does not go any further, he is the future for LCFC

Absolutely, if he doesn't have a release clause, then we need to nip it in the bud from the start, and make it clear that he isn't for sale this summer at any price.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

That was last month

In that tweet it also says that Rodgers absolutely wants to keep Fofana

Mr Jacobs won't be mentioning that part when he's on the clickbait terrace later today (he goes on their as a paid transfer expert each week)

14 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

It will be at least £90m due to sell ons and IF he did go I think it will be a black day at this point as we will have rolled over too early 

he has a contract to 2027 so he should be here for at least another season and if he has a full season he will be worth at least £90m maybe even more plus quality young centre half’s are rare and he is potentially the best in the world !!