Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

7 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Will go down as one of our all-time greats. Easily our best post-PL-champions player. 

The fee sounds low for one of THE most creative and technically gifted English players.

But what we have to remember is there’s no such thing as a player’s value. Transfer fees are simply determined by how much the buying club is willing to pay the selling club to release the player from his contract. Whether the player is actually any good or not is just one factor. 

If there’s one thing our executives are good at, it’s getting a decent deal for our players - see Maguire, Fofana.

But Tottenham?

:nigel:

Lol not even close

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Will go down as one of our all-time greats. Easily our best post-PL-champions player. 

The fee sounds low for one of THE most creative and technically gifted English players.

But what we have to remember is there’s no such thing as a player’s value. Transfer fees are simply determined by how much the buying club is willing to pay the selling club to release the player from his contract. Whether the player is actually any good or not is just one factor. 

If there’s one thing our executives are good at, it’s getting a decent deal for our players - see Maguire, Fofana.

But Tottenham?

:nigel:

Can’t imagine he’d be in many peoples top 20-30 or so players for us. Maybe younger fans, yes. But I’m early 30s and he wouldn’t make the list for me.

He’s been good, but generally speaking he has been good when the team has been poor and gone missing a bit when the team has been good. Played for himself for a good chunk of his time here. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Some wild accusations going on here? So the bloke is racist for blasting mahrez? You have just put 2+2 together and come up with racism,  you obviously must like the bloke if you have been sitting near him since Walsh was playing?  Why don’t you just move 

...this seems to be skewed into something that the poster has not done or said!!!

The person who he mentioned sits behind him, if that person is a season ticket holder and @Tommy G is also a season ticket holder he cannot move elsewhere unless he recinds his ticket and goes through the process of finding a seat less favourable than the one that he is in. He could easily be surrounded by supporters he has less in common with.

We all have people who we are annoyed by, but we can't all be changing seats, because we disagree with the supporters behind us talking rubbish. 

40m doesn't seem enough to me but best of luck to him, been good for us and to get 10 goals and 9 assists in a relegated team is amazing. Contributed much more than other players who seem to get off more lightly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

All time greats? Nah. 

Fantastic footballer indeed, but he’s certainly not one of our all time greats. 

He’s been the best player in one of our most successful teams ever. 

I know everybody’s upset about last season, but we had two fifth place PL finishes, FA Cup win and Community Shield win. 

• Like 1

Just leaves a bad taste dealing with the Spuds Levy is always trying to do dodgy deals on the cheap he comes across as a right Arthur Daley bet he has a coat just like Del Boy , Maddison’s worth way more than the £40m touted by the press or have they just come to the assumption that it will cost Spuds £40m but really hoping it’s more for a player of his quality £40m plus a player that the press don’t  know about but £40m we’ve had our pants down and been Royally Fuched again by a top 6 club for one of our quality players if Rudkin Sanctioned this he’s a bigger fool than we first thought !

What did people expect? He has a year left on his contract, we are desperate to sell and only one club were really in for him. If we get £45m, I’d be happy with that.

Good luck to him, but it’s a shame it’s Spurs.

Edited by Beechey

Just now, Beechey said:

What did people expect? He has a year left on his contract, we are desperate to sell and only one club were really in for him. If we get £45m, I’d be happy with that.

There’s a difference between desperation and good business and this stinks of poor business management from Rudkin we could have held out or played hard ball they would have paid more if Rudkin hadn’t have buckled at £40m !

Surprised people think £40m is low. He has one year left, no chance he'd play with us this season and not too much demand. We had no leverage in this deal at all. Good deal I'd say and allows us to move on 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

He’s been the best player in one of our most successful teams ever. 

I know everybody’s upset about last season, but we had two fifth place PL finishes, FA Cup win and Community Shield win. 

He wasn't the best player in either of the teams that finished 5th and only played 20 minutes in the cup final.

Think we can assume from the Percy article that there's the potential for this to reach £50M but probably no more unless Spurs win a big one. However gloomy we are over £40M, I suspect we'd all accept that somewhere between £45M and £50M is about right in the circs?

• Like 2

Just now, justfoxes said:

There’s a difference between desperation and good business and this stinks of poor business management from Rudkin we could have held out or played hard ball they would have paid more if Rudkin hadn’t have buckled at £40m !

Aside from if we hold out, and nobody pays £40m now, we then risk losing him for free at the end of the season or at half the price in January.