Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

Thought Albanese did pretty well for Labor in the Aussie Federal election leaders debate after all. Disgusting that it was only broadcast on Foxtel, and no idea why Albanese agreed to that when it only reaches part of the electorate. TBF, the moderator seemed to do a reasonable job, though Morrison seemed to get more time as far as I could tell.

32 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Brexit's like the Iraq war isn't it? Some politicians convinced themselves it was a good idea and would be brilliant and absolutely the right thing to do, when they didn't really have a clue how it would turn out, and was at best a leap into the unknown

They're the same as in it was a decision, that's about it

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They're the same as in it was a decision, that's about it

And that I thought both would turn out to be a big bag of shit.

Just call me Nostradamus Bellend from now on.

More cutting edge political insight to come

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

To be fair companies have been moving production into Eastern Europe for decades.  

To be fairer, we are haemorrhaging businesses. Please don’t try to defend Brexit, you’ll simply end up with egg on your face. And it won’t be nice egg because Rees-Mogg wants to scrap all the standards. It’ll be rotten egg that has faeces and vomit in it. And maybe a picture of Ed Sheeran on the shell too because who knows what that JRM freak will do.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I genuinely think Ed Balls would be an upgrade on most MPs.

He’s found himself since leaving office, reminded himself why he did the politics in the first place. He’d be a spectacular addition to Westminster.

• Like 1

I think I'm probably in favour of Ed Balls standing in Wakefield on balance, though I'm also a bit wary because he comes from the kind of class of politician that people claimed they were sick of when turning against Labour. Mind you, the most notorious example of that class of politician is the clown who's currently in charge of the Tories so maybe people weren't actually that arsed at all?

43 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

People apply one set of rules to Labour, and quite another to the Tories. The mental gymnastics folk are capable of, both in this regard and elsewhere in life, is massively bothersome to me.

It goes both ways... Look at the mental gymnastics ppl applied to Corbin.

You'll always get it depending upon where ppl's overall preferences apply. Its just a human foible called out by one side or t'other

47 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

People apply one set of rules to Labour, and quite another to the Tories. The mental gymnastics folk are capable of, both in this regard and elsewhere in life, is massively bothersome to me.

That’s Politics & the electorate nicely wrapped & gifted in a few words…

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Very sensible business.  You will probably find EU businesses doing the same in the UK.

Everything spun into a positive. Same with increased immigration from India - it's good and what people voted for, apparently. Never seen anything like this level of dissonance in my life before. Remarkable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I think I'm probably in favour of Ed Balls standing in Wakefield on balance, though I'm also a bit wary because he comes from the kind of class of politician that people claimed they were sick of when turning against Labour. Mind you, the most notorious example of that class of politician is the clown who's currently in charge of the Tories so maybe people weren't actually that arsed at all?

I don't think it would be bad had milliband not already been in the shadow cabinet, it seems very odd to be getting these failed labour politicians who didn't exactly have the IT factor with the centre ground and the floating voters that voted for Tory in the end. I get that Cameron was certainly more electable to that kind of voter in relation to a Boris led government, but the landscape has massively changed. 

40 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I cannot agree with the (well intended) comparison - Corbyn was victim to the worst slandering of his name and reputation I've ever experienced - the fact that so many people are now convinced that an avowed fighter of racism was in fact a terrible anti-semite is proof of that.

I'd rep this more If I could.