Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

48 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

On this topic, I'd be interested in knowing exactly why this mental gymnastics is engaged in.

Is it because of outside influence? Or is it because the people engaging in it genuinely believe the Tories are the best option for the UK at the present time?

I wonder which would be more unpalatable.

43 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have an opinion on this, but I think it would make many people uncomfortable and cause ad hominem attacks as a result.

I'm also curious. But I don't want the thread deleting for millionth time because it descends into chaos.

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

On the contrary - we don’t have the people to take a lot of the jobs ……..hence we will see inflationary wage pressure too on top of cost of living pressure on wages  - and we still won’t have the people to do those jobs ! 

Inflationary wage pressure?  Is that the same inflationary wage pressure that was non existant when wages were by far outstripping inflation pre-covid? Wage rises make up a fraction of price increases. 

If we don't have the people to do "those jobs" (we do in reality, what we don't have is the people to be exploited doing "those jobs" for "those wages") then those jobs will cease to exist. Which would have happened already of course, but we're still posting up record vacancies. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Inflationary wage pressure?  Is that the same inflationary wage pressure that was non existant when wages were by far outstripping inflation pre-covid? Wage rises make up a fraction of price increases

If we don't have the people to do "those jobs" (we do in reality, what we don't have is the people to be exploited doing "those jobs" for "those wages") then those jobs will cease to exist. Which would have happened already of course, but we're still posting up record vacancies. :dunno:

that confuses me …..in marketplaces where business’ have absorbed rises for a long while (both pre and post pandemic), there is simply no slack left to take on additional costs. Wage inflation will simply feed into higher prices and the upwards self feeding spiral that the B of E is petrified about will exist …… 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

that confuses me …..in marketplaces where business’ have absorbed rises for a long while (both pre and post pandemic), there is simply no slack left to take on additional costs. Wage inflation will simply feed into higher prices and the upwards self feeding spiral that the B of E is petrified about will exist …… 

Yes, but wages don't make up 100% of operational costs do they. So if you increase wages 10% you only have to increase prices x% (which will forever be below the 10%) to break even. 

And inflation right now is a global issue. If you're listening to that plank at the B of E who thinks Dave asking for a 50p raise on his minimum wage is going to make a blind bit of difference right now then you've been mugged. 

Inflation will settle when the people at the top both economically and politically stop being cvnts. Don't mug people out of their rightful wages because of them. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Yes, but wages don't make up 100% of operational costs do they. So if you increase wages 10% you only have to increase prices x% (which will forever be below the 10%) to break even. 

And inflation right now is a global issue. If you're listening to that plank at the B of E who thinks Dave asking for a 50p raise on his minimum wage is going to make a blind bit of difference right now then you've been mugged. 

Inflation will settle when the people at the top both economically and politically stop being cvnts. Don't mug people out of their rightful wages because of them. 

...we could be waiting for a while, then. :ph34r:

22 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

A lot of companies wages is the biggest expense they lay out every week/month. Trust me as someone that works in payroll. 

If company A had to increase their biggest cost by 10%, they have to find that money from somewhere. If payroll is 50% of your cost isn't not as simple as putting 10% on everything to break even. If your monthly costs are £100k, and £50k is wages, 10% of that does more damage to your budget than 10% on your £2k electric bill.

You also forget that company A is likely buying stuff from company B and C and D etc who have all increased their wage by 10% and low and behold increased prices to match that, and then company A has to increase prices to cover the price increases of the companies. Not forgetting those other companies are buying stuff of other companies who have also increases wages and prices, and need I go on.

Your last paragraph indicates why brexit was inevitably futile, you may get the wage increase, but the cvnts are still at the top exploiting so they any brexit wage increase is irrelevant. And we are now with a government who will only serve to help those economic cvnts at the top, because they are politically the cvnts at the top. So all in all its done **** all to help the poorest have more money in their pocket, and with the cost of living crisis they are actually ending up with less. As you say we won't get improvement until things like that change and brexit was never going to fix that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

A lot of companies wages is the biggest expense they lay out every week/month. Trust me as someone that works in payroll. 

If company A had to increase their biggest cost by 10%, they have to find that money from somewhere. If payroll is 50% of your cost isn't not as simple as putting 10% on everything to break even. If your monthly costs are £100k, and £50k is wages, 10% of that does more damage to your budget than 10% on your £2k electric bill.

You also forget that company A is likely buying stuff from company B and C and D etc who have all increased their wage by 10% and low and behold increased prices to match that, and then company A has to increase prices to cover the price increases of the companies. Not forgetting those other companies are buying stuff of other companies who have also increases wages and prices, and need I go on.

Your last paragraph indicates why brexit was inevitably futile, you may get the wage increase, but the cvnts are still at the top exploiting so they any brexit wage increase is irrelevant. And we are now with a government who will only serve to help those economic cvnts at the top, because they are politically the cvnts at the top. So all in all its done **** all to help the poorest have more money in their pocket, and with the cost of living crisis they are actually ending up with less. As you say we won't get improvement until things like that change and brexit was never going to fix that.

Thanks for saving me the time 🤙

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

None of this debunks what I said at all. I'm not saying wage increases don't increase prices, I'm saying wage increases don't run equal to price increases. For an example which I know, me and my coworkers got a 16% rise last financial year, our prices went up 5% to more than cover it. :dunno:

12 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

None of this debunks what I said at all. I'm not saying wage increases don't increase prices, I'm saying wage increases don't run equal to price increases. For an example which I know, me and my coworkers got a 16% rise last financial year, our prices went up 5% to more than cover it. :dunno:

16% of a bigger number is more than 16% of a smaller number. If your biggest cost increases by 16% that doesn't necessarily transfer to a 16%  increase in prices to cover it. And as previously stated there are also the other increases from suppliers to account for, and your previously mention greedy cvnts, who are still there. None of which were going to be prevented by leaving the EU.

The made up company I mentioned earlier has a £100k monthly budget 50% of which is wages. How do you expect that company to swallow the £8k budget gap? If it was on the £2k a month electric bill it would only be £320, they could probably swallow that. Now the prices may have increased at a higher % than the wages, but with all those other variables I mentioned it's hardly a shock is it. And the greedy cvnts are still at the top so they use any excuse to add an extra bit on top. And brexit was never going to stop that.

So sure the price increase might not exactly match the wages increase, but when you biggest expense goes up, you can bet everything you have that's the source of your price increase.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

And free pizza. What a job!

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Evidently the word in Westminster is that there will be 54 names and there will be a vote of condifence at some point …..my guess would be soon after the may 4th elections if the results are as expected ……

Agree with this, elections or another fine for something a little more serious than the birthday cake will probably see 54 being reached. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Evidently the word in Westminster is that there will be 54 names and there will be a vote of condifence at some point …..my guess would be soon after the may 4th elections if the results are as expected ……

It was always the way. No one wanted a new PM to carry the humiliation of a drubbing into the next GE. He’s being encouraged to fall on the sword after election night. 

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Boris won't be the leader into the next GE for certain.  Whether the dented ambitions of Rishi encourage others to take a punt in the next few months remains to be seen.

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

After the local elections Bozo will be gone!..

The Tories are going to get a shafting!

Probably so. But I'm concerned about the alternatives.

There is no party/party leader that I feel I can trust or support. And that's the sorry state of our political parties. They all seem self serving, will say what it takes to be "popular" and convincing. It's all very well producing manifestos that give hope and positivity, full of rhetoric that may turn out to be meaningless as the 5 years progress.

After Boris-gate I can't bring myself to be onside with him or Sunak or Truss (for different reasons). IMO No politician should be in/elected to Westminster after being on HIGNY. They often get tanked on there but people still seem to like them, not realising how socially dim and out of touch with the general population they actually are. 

Our "beloved" PM was, at different times, a guest then a host on HIGNFY. Showed himself then, to be a fool.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

First, watch La Dorries display her drunken stupidity. Then go watch Sooz Kempner’s spoof.

I was in hysterics watching her try to be competent at just describing the job she's meant to do, let alone doing the actual job which is a totally different story lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I was in hysterics watching her try to be competent at just describing the job she's meant to do, let alone doing the actual job which is a totally different story lol

Tennis pitches!!😂😂😂😂😂😂....

Where rrrr uuuuu.

Let's be avinnnn uuuu!!

• Haha 1