Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

On 21/04/2022 at 13:46, HighPeakFox said:

I have an opinion on this, but I think it would make many people uncomfortable and cause ad hominem attacks as a result.

Publish and be damned mate. It's a forum, it's all about opinions, if someone doesn't like it, that's ok, it happens. Worrying about ad hominems from keyboard warriors is pointless. Don't let them silence you, or they've already won in stifling free debate

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you, that's a very nice response. I could not care less about ad hominems - it isn't about being silenced as much as not wanting to do my favourite trick of posting something I've put a lot of thought into, only to cause 'offence' because some person or people are unable to resist interpreting/twisting things so they can feel attacked, offended and victimized, then reporting me, which would then lead to an unexplained ban because I have form for (in footballing terms) being a player the ref is very ready to give a yellow to. I also don't want to be accused of diverting the topic on to criticising other people, which is actually fair. 

Simply put, it isn't worth it - fortunately I don't require validation by the majority here, I have plenty enough friends I love & trust. Your words, however, are appreciated.

Just change your user name to "John Mcginn" and get yourself a John Mcginn avatar, and you need never worry about that problem again lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, bovril said:

FRGrlJyWQAICDl6.jpeg.853d8d0c7e0d833a64931a1c281c56a5.jpeg

Just goes to show how "inbred" they are. Dorries is as weak as tracing paper in a storm. She seems to have no discernible political talent or any independent thoughts, other than toe the party line. And she is far from being the only one. (IMO)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

First estimates from French vote;

Macron 58.2%

Le Pen 41.8%

28.2% abstention

Looks like it's done - but this is nonetheless a disturbingly huge gain for the far right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frakenfox said:

First estimates from French vote;

Macron 58.2%

Le Pen 41.8%

28.2% abstention

I voted for Macron because I will never vote for the fascist/racist that is Le Pen

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Just goes to show how "inbred" they are. Dorries is as weak as tracing paper in a storm. She seems to have no discernible political talent or any independent thoughts, other than toe the party line. And she is far from being the only one. (IMO)

To be fair to dorries, her dyslexia means it’s easier to copy the PM’s homework - she was probably lying in the same bed in any case ….. 

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Looks like it's done - but this is nonetheless a disturbingly huge gain for the far right. 

Even more so that over a quarter abstained. Not a ringing endorsement of Maceon that's for sure