Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

Rome away tickets Thursday 5th May

4 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

Grab a flight to Rome via Munich,Vienna or Amsterdam! If you can land by 3pm you can make my bus and just hang around the bar afterwards before you get the taxi back to the airport.

pm if you need help 👍

You're a salt of the earth you are Sean

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Depends how much he fancies it but evidence won’t be hard to falsify. Vividly remember getting the 06.12 from kings cross - Peterborough with a mate after he lost his passport to ensure he could attend a stag do in an ‘emergency’

Personally, if you’re going to be taking chances, I’d rather be doing it in the uk than at the Italian border. Good luck either way and hope to see you out there 

Oh I’ll be there - just a shame he won’t be ……

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Any decent options for flying out on the Thursday?

If you can do the 2045 Wednesday night Stansted to Pisa.

Then 4am train Thursday gets into Rome 0820, via Florence. Flights were £28 return and train about the same. Sleep on the train, saves on a hotel. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Oh I’ll be there - just a shame he won’t be ……

I'd chance it. My hunch is the border guards would take a soft approach.  The tougher nut to crack would be airline check in at the gate ....but mainly they are seeking name and flight ticket corresponding....Worth the risk. Worst case, leave him to rot at the airport custody suite for 12 hours before the return flight 

• Thanks 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

My son is finally able to get to a euro game  (previous fixtures - work commitments wouldn’t allow) 

so Ive booked the trip

Booked tickets 

and now he’s realised his passport expires in July !!!!

anyone have any bright ideas how to get around this 

there are no available passport renewal appointments within the next week ……..

Okay this is what you do, remember they just don't want the fear you will be an economic migrant / residence snatcher etc so just proove your not by:

1. Having a copy of your return flight to hand.

2. Having a copy of a playslip to prove you are employed in the UK.

3. Match ticket / voucher as proof of reason to travel.

4. Bank statement showing funds to get you home (as well as return ticket).

5. Proof of home address.

Obviously don't offer this straight up, just wing it, then if pulled over claim you had no idea, an honest mistake etc then play the cards above..."I'm just here for the match, I don't want to live here, I have a house, a job back home etc and here is my flight to prove I'm going back".

Failing all that, when you are in the little room offer to contribute to their Christmas party because they have been so helpful. A few notes goes a long way with border guards in my experience!

Good luck (don't blame me if it goes wrong)!

8 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Okay this is what you do, remember they just don't want the fear you will be an economic migrant / residence snatcher etc so just proove your not by:

1. Having a copy of your return flight to hand.

2. Having a copy of a playslip to prove you are employed in the UK.

3. Match ticket / voucher as proof of reason to travel.

4. Bank statement showing funds to get you home (as well as return ticket).

5. Proof of home address.

Obviously don't offer this straight up, just wing it, then if pulled over claim you had no idea, an honest mistake etc then play the cards above..."I'm just here for the match, I don't want to live here, I have a house, a job back home etc and here is my flight to prove I'm going back".

Failing all that, when you are in the little room offer to contribute to their Christmas party because they have been so helpful. A few notes goes a long way with border guards in my experience!

Good luck (don't blame me if it goes wrong)!

All very useful advice until the bribery and corruption angle 😀

• Haha 2

As I mentioned on the other thread a couple of days ago, East Midlands to Treviso, flying Weds morning returning Friday late afternoon is (still) £16 return.  Trains every hour between Venice Mestre and Roma Termini, about £50 each way and takes about 4 hours, can be pre-booked on the trenitalia website.

4 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I have my ticket for this but I find the sale arrangements completely disgusting. 

- From ticket sales, it is blatantly obvious that this will be nowhere near selling out 

- Fans are travelling that aren’t season ticket holders and don’t have memberships 

These fans are unable to buy tickets when there will be empty seats in the away end. These are fans with previous ticket purchase history. 

How many more instances do we need like this before we begin to question the motives of certain members of staff that are in charge of the ticket office and decision making?

Agree,  it's a joke. It's my mates 50th that day,  wants to go but can't get a ticket despite buying tickets for the last 30 years and many miserable away day. Just open it up, it's like they don't want the support to get us through. 

Just now, TC1884 said:

Agree,  it's a joke. It's my mates 50th that day,  wants to go but can't get a ticket despite buying tickets for the last 30 years and many miserable away day. Just open it up, it's like they don't want the support to get us through. 

They have reasons for it. Deep down a lot of us know why… although they will try and hide behind the “but we don’t want Roma fans in the away end” excuse. 

It can’t be difficult to prove booking history. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Any decent options for flying out on the Thursday?

Luton to Naples flight time 6:15am lands at 10:00am for £80 and train from Naples to Rome (1hr 10 minutes) you won't be alone either.

Edited by Bucks fox
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

My son is finally able to get to a euro game  (previous fixtures - work commitments wouldn’t allow) 

so Ive booked the trip

Booked tickets 

He's going to have to get himself a new passport, pronto. The airline will not let him board the flight (they check this pretty closely because they are responsible for all costs if they fly someone they shouldn't). If they do carry him accidentally, you can be sure he will be refused entry to Italy and sent straight back. 

If you can't find an appointment I'd suggest ringing the passport office and seeking advice. I definitely would not just rock up to the airport. 

16 minutes ago, Bucks fox said:

Only 1400 tickets on sale, does that include the returns from the club, IE have we sold 3600? If so not a bad turn out in reality.

I don’t think 51AD has been on sale has it? Think it’s probably more like 2.5k sold so far.

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

so Ive booked the trip

Booked tickets 

Just turn up with relevant paperwork at the Peterborough Passport Office.  Explain your situation, they will fit you in.