Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2026 World Cup

23 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Have all 3 of those countries automatically qualified for the tournament as host nations ?

Yep. Remember this is the World Cup with about 3,453 (well, 48) teams taking part, so three teams auto qualifying isn't dreadful.

Some great stadiums in there, just a shame the new format will make it a bloated tournament with many games you simply won't be interested in.

25 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Yep. Remember this is the World Cup with about 3,453 (well, 48) teams taking part, so three teams auto qualifying isn't dreadful.

Some great stadiums in there, just a shame the new format will make it a bloated tournament with many games you simply won't be interested in.

Speak for yourself. I cant wait for the tax haven derby between the Cayman Islands and Luxembourg in a 72000 seater stadium!

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Haha 1

some outrageous stadiums there! 

Base yourself in NYC and you have 'easy access' to 4 of the cities. 

going to be some random kick off times though especially with the games on the east coast. 

Edited by goose2010

I've never been to a world cup match and given Qatar is a write off this is my next chance to do it. Azteca stadium is alongside Boca Juniors' chocolate box as the 'stadium(s) i most want to visit' so will keep an eye on fixtures there. This is of course all presuming that FIFA don't blow themsleves up in the next four years and/or European club owners don't demand an end to farcical international football

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

some outrageous stadiums there! 

Base yourself in NYC and you have 'easy access' to 4 of the cities. 

going to be some random kick off times though especially with the games on the east coast. 

1994 WC suffered because they made them play in the summer heat at stupid times for European audiences, and that might need to happen again for at least some of the games.

With 48 teams (or maybe not, based on the above) they'll need at least four games a day. UK times of 5/6pm, 9pm, 1am and 3am? It looks as though mega hot games will be unavoidable for 5/9pm UK timeslot, but they'll need them else they'll miss the European crowd!

Picking 1am and 3am because FOX will want some primetime games in the USA in the east and west coast windows. A huge factor compared to when they hosted in 1994.

7 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

1994 WC suffered because they made them play in the summer heat at stupid times for European audiences, and that might need to happen again for at least some of the games.

With 48 teams (or maybe not, based on the above) they'll need at least four games a day. UK times of 5/6pm, 9pm, 1am and 3am? It looks as though mega hot games will be unavoidable for 5/9pm UK timeslot, but they'll need them else they'll miss the European crowd!

Picking 1am and 3am because FOX will want some primetime games in the USA in the east and west coast windows. A huge factor compared to when they hosted in 1994.

Problems are going to the stadiums without roofs in the high temp areas. San Francisco in particular, Kansas is warm but slightly less onerous so cos of the breeze which occurs there. Miami they can have at night with the timezone. LA, Vancouver, Dallas, Houston all thankfully have roofs; it's then fitting with US TV companies. The last three WCs have they stopped games around post-draw to make the time zones fit for TV. 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Problems are going to the stadiums without roofs in the high temp areas. San Francisco in particular, Kansas is warm but slightly less onerous so cos of the breeze which occurs there. Miami they can have at night with the timezone. LA, Vancouver, Dallas, Houston all thankfully have roofs; it's then fitting with US TV companies. The last three WCs have they stopped games around post-draw to make the time zones fit for TV. 

San Fran should be ok in June temps around 24 currently. Kansas on the other hand is 37! (only 3 degrees cooler than Qatar currently...) 

Timings will be interesting as they will want to suit everyone but obviously that is quite tricky. 

Can see the East coast games being 2-3am kick off UK times. 

It'll be terrible for visiting fans given flights are the only option for getting to most of the cities.

Mexico has already hosted two so there was no reason for it to be chosen to host games either

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

OK I'm definitely doing a road/train trip.

FVcBDNOX0AA1K3U?format=jpg&name=900x900

you might need to rethink the transport if you want to make the games although man what a trip that would be.

Just for a quick visual aid from the blob of LA down to San Diego just above the mexican border there its a little over 3hrs by train or a non stop 2hrs by car but would need to stop to take in the scenery + traffic so best part of half a day so given all but the 3 Eastern citys up by NYC & Seattle/Vanc are all much much further apart you gunna need a plane.

I've done that train LA-SD & i've driven Vancouver to Seattle that was only a little under 3hrs also no traffic i get held up at the border for a bit. If anyone was to base themselves around those venues i'd recommend catching the ferry as i did back from Seattle to Vancouver beautiful scenery & guaranteed whale, dolphin spotting