Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Recruitment strategy under the spotlight 

Our squad is too big, that means there’s too many players in it, which means when it comes to registering players we will have more players than the premier league allow teams to register. This means that we could end up having players on good monies not being able to play. Which means we are wasting money, which is bad, means we can’t then afford the best vegetable seeds for our garden at the training ground…… 

All jokes aside though the lack of movement is not solely down to funds…. We’ve got to get rid of players before we can sign any to free space up in the squad, and bolster the funding. We just like to over dramatise everything. Plus most of the players we want gone first are international players, and have been playing recently, so there’s barely been an opportunity to negotiate. 

This window has been difficult to operate in due to the limited time. 

Folk just need to chill, what will be will be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yeah let's see where we are in a few weeks time. Top is in town and I'm sure he's here to sort out the transfer window. Hopefully.

Don't get this "Top is here so everything will magically happen now" line. Will him being here make other clubs suddenly interested in our dead wood, which is the first step we need to get done before we can do anything else? Of course it isn't.

Unless he's come with a big cheque from King Power (which isn't at all likely let's be honest) or he can shoo people out the door (he can't) then it isn't going to make much difference at all him being here. 

• Like 1

I think people are going to have to be realistic next season even if we do have a rebuild and sign a couple of players. It’s depressing to say but with the players all of the top 6 have bought it’s gonna be really hard to trouble the any of them and I think we are gonna be looking at scrapping for 7th at best already. 

People moaning last season best be prepared because it really isn’t looking much better position wise.

Would rather see players go than come in, frankly. We need to make space and shed 4-5. I also don't think we'll lose Vardy next year, as I can see them squeezing out another year from him.

This may very well be a case of gritting teeth and accepting that you'll take a loss on players, just to get them out. 

Our recruitment policy will mean we will have summers like the last one. Its just the way it is and the market in which we operate. We sometimes end up with absolute duds but we have continue to be creative - which for the majority of times has worked. For some reason, I'm just not worried with the lack of activity so far. I think we'll be slightly more active towards the end of the window but the 5/6 suggested in reports seems unrealistic. 

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Our squad is too big, that means there’s too many players in it, which means when it comes to registering players we will have more players than the premier league allow teams to register. This means that we could end up having players on good monies not being able to play. Which means we are wasting money, which is bad, means we can’t then afford the best vegetable seeds for our garden at the training ground…… 

All jokes aside though the lack of movement is not solely down to funds…. We’ve got to get rid of players before we can sign any to free space up in the squad, and bolster the funding. We just like to over dramatise everything. Plus most of the players we want gone first are international players, and have been playing recently, so there’s barely been an opportunity to negotiate. 

This window has been difficult to operate in due to the limited time. 

Folk just need to chill, what will be will be. 

Thank you, I found your post quite calming.

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Ronaldo to Leicester  then? Lol

Just imagine,  Cristiano we know you want to depart the sinking ship Manure we can’t really afford your wages or transfer fee but if you pay for the transfer yourself and we can pay you a few quid along the way how about coming to Leicester City; just imagine the hype etc you’ll be at a great club best Premier League club training facility and the crisps aren’t that bad either what you say bud ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Just imagine,  Cristiano we know you want to depart the sinking ship Manure we can’t really afford your wages or transfer fee but if you pay for the transfer yourself and we can pay you a few quid along the way how about coming to Leicester City; just imagine the hype etc you’ll be at a great club best Premier League club training facility and the crisps aren’t that bad either what you say bud ????

Dont forget we have inflatable dinosaurs!

This narrative that we've too many players is no different pretty much every summer. Look back to last summer and we had more than 25 senior players and we didn't wait until we started moving some of them on before we added to them.

I get we need to get rid of players but unless we are willing to make it known that we'd sell a Maddison, Ndidi, Fofana etc then there's a damn good chance that teams will leave it much later to come for players such as Praet, Perez, Vestergaard etc. If we wait until such players go, we will be left with either signing similar unwanted players (not always a complete no no but ought to come with caution) or we will have our kegs down as we try to sign valuable players to their clubs so late in to the window and the start of a new season.

Regardless of what happens, there is a handful of players we don't want. I can't imagine we will be thankful if they stay and that we'll get much benefit out of playing them so there's got to come a point where we have to make the financial execution to do what we want to do to strengthen. At the very least with all the moving pieces we need a right winger otherwise we are worse off than we were last season and there's question marks over how long it's been since we've actually improved our team.

It's unthinkable that we could be going over 2 years and we've not improved our team in any position and yet intend on challenging the top 6.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This narrative that we've too many players is no different pretty much every summer. Look back to last summer and we had more than 25 senior players and we didn't wait until we started moving some of them on before we added to them.

I get we need to get rid of players but unless we are willing to make it known that we'd sell a Maddison, Ndidi, Fofana etc then there's a damn good chance that teams will leave it much later to come for players such as Praet, Perez, Vestergaard etc. If we wait until such players go, we will be left with either signing similar unwanted players (not always a complete no no but ought to come with caution) or we will have our kegs down as we try to sign valuable players to their clubs so late in to the window and the start of a new season.

Regardless of what happens, there is a handful of players we don't want. I can't imagine we will be thankful if they stay and that we'll get much benefit out of playing them so there's got to come a point where we have to make the financial execution to do what we want to do to strengthen. At the very least with all the moving pieces we need a right winger otherwise we are worse off than we were last season and there's question marks over how long it's been since we've actually improved our team.

It's unthinkable that we could be going over 2 years and we've not improved our team in any position and yet intend on challenging the top 6.

It is surprising, based on Brendan’s comments around player futures, that Rudkin hasn’t been more proactive with engineering some exits.  

Though not ideal, if we have to take a hit on a deal / cover a % of wages to get certain exit deals over the line then so be it.

32 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

It is surprising, based on Brendan’s comments around player futures, that Rudkin hasn’t been more proactive with engineering some exits.  

Though not ideal, if we have to take a hit on a deal / cover a % of wages to get certain exit deals over the line then so be it.

It's not surprising on the lack of exits yet, they seldom happen early in the window. Teams know they have the upper hand unless it's someone they really want and there's plenty of interest, the thing is we pay big wages so most of the interested parties can't match that outside the PL and therefore they will haggle and haggle.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not surprising on the lack of exits yet, they seldom happen early in the window. Teams know they have the upper hand unless it's someone they really want and there's plenty of interest, the thing is we pay big wages so most of the interested parties can't match that outside the PL and therefore they will haggle and haggle.

Maybe, just frustrating that we clearly have squad players nowhere near getting playing time who are coining it and we need to move.

I am not sure we have the necessary skill set in Rudkin to effectively negotiate exits and free up the space we need.

Hopefully I am wrong.

• Like 2

The exits are all going to happen in far more of a rush than most would like I imagine, just hope that the targets we want are available afterwards

Serious questions need to be asked that why a good chunk of our players that cost over 15 million pounds end up going on loan indefinitely and/or leaving for peanuts when we cant shift them on. 

A club of our size can’t consistently keep absorbing those costs. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Serious questions need to be asked that why a good chunk of our players that cost over 15 million pounds end up going on loan indefinitely and/or leaving for peanuts when we cant shift them on. 

It’s not just us, very few sales of unwanted players is going on. It just hinders us as we have so many.  lol

58 minutes ago, Dames said:

Agreed. I think we need to change the types of players we are going for and less " proven " which seem to be no more successful than younger players who will command less of a wage and therefore if they do flop its easier to move on.

• Like 3