Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jakub Stolarczyk (loan)

Article suggests we will let him go on loan (which is already lined up) when we have a 3rd choice keeper sorted out

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-schmeichel-stolarczyk-loan-transfer-7420582

Rodgers said this week: “We’ve got a really, really, really big talent in Jakub, who I think is going to be an outstanding keeper at the very highest level but he needs to get out on loan.

“We’ve got a loan club lined up for him to go and work in. But while the situation is a little unresolved, we can’t let him go out yet. I think from a goalkeeping perspective, we know where we’re going and we’ll hopefully this week sort that out.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Could see someone like Ben Foster coming in as 3rd keeper or has he retired now?

He seems like the perfect choice, except I doubt the club would be fans of his YouTube vlogs… but he is free and would be on a small wage relative to our squad 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

I want to post, but I dont want to be negative all the time but im finding it hard. If the club was aware of this all summer, it does seem poor that we didnt have a 3rd choice lined up. Why is everything so last minute 

Or maybe Brendans simply being coy... its hard to tell these days. 

Edited by Lambert09

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I want to post, but I dont want to be negative all the time but im finding it hard. If the club was aware of this all summer, it does seem poor that we didnt have a 3rd choice lined up. Why is everything so last minute 

Sounds like we do but had to wait until Kasper's move was certain , now need to finalise and details for incoming. 

I think from a goalkeeping perspective, we know where we’re going and we’ll hopefully this week sort that out.”

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Who says we didnt/don't? I imagine, like for all other positions, we had a shorltist of players who fitted the profile we were looking for... 

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

Sounds like we do but had to wait until Kasper's move was certain , now need to finalise and details for incoming. 

I think from a goalkeeping perspective, we know where we’re going and we’ll hopefully this week sort that out.”

12 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Who says we didnt/don't? I imagine, like for all other positions, we had a shorltist of players who fitted the profile we were looking for... 

I guess its down to interpretation. 

I took it as more "we know we are going for a 3rd choice rather than a 1st choice"  but hopefully there are a few older heads that will bring the much needed experience in. 

Im going to have a shot in the dark, orjan Nyland. Purely because, he played well in the league cup semi against us, has experience in the prem and I believe brendan still has contacts at reading (he was there before his contract expired). Depends if we aim for someone to actually compete or a slightly experienced safety net. He is just one that sort of matches what jaku was    

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I guess its down to interpretation. 

I took it as more "we know we are going for a 3rd choice rather than a 1st choice"  but hopefully there are a few older heads that will bring the much needed experience in. 

Im going to have a shot in the dark, orjan Nyland. Purely because, he played well in the league cup semi against us, has experience in the prem and I believe brendan still has contacts at reading (he was there before his contract expired). Depends if we aim for someone to actually compete or a slightly experienced safety net. He is just one that sort of matches what jaku was    

Hoping to sort it this week sounds like we're a lot further down the line than just knowing we need a 3rd choice.

• Like 1