Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

7 hours ago, lcfcjosh said:

Blame Rodgers

Blame Rudkin 

Blame Top

If you like it or you don’t , these are the ones who ran the circus 

I was trying to think how many times this season and even last, I spent Sat eve, Sunday and Mon morning checking and re checking FT and BBC sport for news that BR had been sacked. Too many to count, that's for sure.

I know I wasnt alone doing this.

Why the actual fvck didn't the board pull the trigger?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

People keep saying this and it’s simply untrue. If you didn’t have a season ticket when we went up in 2013/14, it’s very unlikely you have one now. 

When we won the FA Cup and in a covid affected season recorded our highest ever revenues plus constructed a training ground better than 85% of the league, the whole idea should have been that relegation is no longer part and parcel. It should have been the launch pad to being a truly progressive club with the ability to challenge the elite. 

This whole humble act of thinking we are a club who should just fall back into a cycle of up yo’ing is nonsense 

And yet many are saying we are in a financial mess, so not quite sure if your launch pad is structurally safe.

The top six are never in danger of relegation. I don't think we'd achieved that level.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Brighton, Villa, and Brentford were fighting off relegation in a year or so. A section of their fans won't be contemplating the possibility of relegation right now.

You could argue the first seeds gave already been sown at Brighton with them set to lose two key players, just when they need them to stay and push on. Remind you of anyone?

Edited by Twitcher

4 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

And yet many are saying we are in a financial mess, so not quite sure if your launch pad is structurally safe.

The top six are never in danger of relegation. I don't think we'd achieved that level.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Brighton, Villa, and Brentford were fighting off relegation in a year or so. A section of their fans won't be contemplating the possibility of relegation right now.

Two years ago - we were in a financial mess? When we won the FA Cup? Before we committed substantial sums of money on four players not good enough without selling a player to fund it? 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Two years ago - we were in a financial mess? When we won the FA Cup? Before we committed substantial sums of money on four players not good enough without selling a player to fund it? 

My understanding is covid hit King Power badly, and that filtered down to the football club.

5 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

My understanding is covid hit King Power badly, and that filtered down to the football club.

Are they still using that as the excuse for relegation? Of course our owners business was the only one effected by covid.

5 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

How? LCFC is a separate business with it’s own ways of making revenue and profit. FFP stops clubs from injecting sums of money - rather loaning the club money as debt (which KP paid off in December despite their value reducing). 

The club has made grave financial errors. We earned our biggest revenue as a club in a season with COVID and with no crowds. We chose not sell a player at their highest value and supplement the swuad with poor players on high wages. We burned the money we made away 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

How? LCFC is a separate business with it’s own ways of making revenue and profit. FFP stops clubs from injecting sums of money - rather loaning the club money as debt (which KP paid off in December despite their value reducing). 

The club has made grave financial errors. We earned our biggest revenue as a club in a season with COVID and with no crowds. We chose not sell a player at their highest value and supplement the swuad with poor players on high wages. We burned the money we made away 

If we were destined to reach the heights you talk of, with relegation a thing of the past, why couldn't the likes of Mahrez, Kante, Maguire, and Fofana see that? Surely they'd have a better understanding than most that it was about to become the top seven now instead of the top six. 

Like I've said above, Brighton already going the same way, with two of their key players set to leave.

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

This but nothing else I can see yet .....

Screenshot_20230529_091238_Instagram.jpg

Like I say all ex players, I mean that’s what Perez is in reality.

Not a peep from the current crop who have got us in the situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Like I say all ex players, I mean that’s what Perez is in reality.

Not a peep from the current crop who have got us in the situation.

Im sure they will be posting pics of holidays in exotic places soon enough though 🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yep the manager was one of the most backed in the league from the owner injecting their own money in comparison to revenue.

A large section of the fanbase don't seem to get that it doesn't matter how much money the owner has, they will be limited by FFP. We certainly have been backed by Top and he hasn't been leaching money from the club or running it as a business to make money like Mike Ashley or the Glazers. 

Yes, huge mistakes have been made in deciding to keep Brendan on for so long, placing players on huge contracts and substandard signings, but Top has been so far totally committed to the club especially financially. So he isn't blameless in this, but for those who seem to want him out be careful of what you wish for.

I bet he'll be in the stands next season when some of the glory hunters playing football manager have started supporting someone else.

18 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

If we were destined to reach the heights you talk of, with relegation a thing of the past, why couldn't the likes of Mahrez, Kante, Maguire, and Fofana see that? Surely they'd have a better understanding than most that it was about to become the top seven now instead of the top six. 

Like I've said above, Brighton already going the same way, with two of their key players set to leave.

I’m not deluded enough to think we were going to break the big six but could have been  good enough to challenge for trophies and the occasional European excursion. We know this because we did it. 

Those players you mention were always going to leave. But what you do is good player trading to bring in the next young hungry player. Our answer to Fofana’s injury was to sign Vestergaard a player completely ill fitting and on a daft wage. For years, we’d lose a player and in comes the next player. Maguire goes, Soyuncu in for example. 

There’s clubs such as Atalanta what have sustained a spell in the top half of Serie A with crowds of 25k. They continually do well in the transfer market to let go of players at their highest value to replace elsewhere. Their main striker this season was signed from Austria. Their signings this summer were funded by letting Romero off to Spurs for £50 million. 

Sevilla get crowds of 30k but after an extremely successful spell cemented their position in the Spanish hierarchy to regularly appear in the Champions League. Villarreal very similar. Union Berlin three years in Europe. 

Yeah Brighton are going to lose their two best players. But they have signed three players for next season already because they have people prepared, ready for the next step.

Whilst at the same time having a number of young prospects out on loan in Europe, one of whom scored goals for Basel on a run to the Conference League semi finals and another whose bagged 13 goals in the Belgian League displaying same stats as Mitoma got last season for the same club. They got a player like Ferguson and a couple of other South Americans who aren’t starting every week yet, slowly blooding them ready for the departures of others. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’m not deluded enough to think we were going to break the big six but could have been  good enough to challenge for trophies and the occasional European excursion. We know this because we did it. 

Those players you mention were always going to leave. But what you do is good player trading to bring in the next young hungry player. Our answer to Fofana’s injury was to sign Vestergaard a player completely ill fitting and on a daft wage. For years, we’d lose a player and in comes the next player. Maguire goes, Soyuncu in for example. 

There’s clubs such as Atalanta what have sustained a spell in the top half of Serie A with crowds of 25k. They continually do well in the transfer market to let go of players at their highest value to replace elsewhere. Their main striker this season was signed from Austria. Their signings this summer were funded by letting Romero off to Spurs for £50 million. 

Sevilla get crowds of 30k but after an extremely successful spell cemented their position in the Spanish hierarchy to regularly appear in the Champions League. Villarreal very similar. Union Berlin three years in Europe. 

Yeah Brighton are going to lose their two best players. But they have signed three players for next season already because they have people prepared, ready for the next step.

Whilst at the same time having a number of young prospects out on loan in Europe, one of whom scored goals for Basel on a run to the Conference League semi finals and another whose bagged 13 goals in the Belgian League displaying same stats as Mitoma got last season for the same club. They got a player like Ferguson and a couple of other South Americans who aren’t starting every week yet, slowly blooding them ready for the departures of others. 

I agree with all that, and we were mismanaged in comparison. I still wouldn't be at all surprised if Brighton don't maintain their lofty position though.

Newcastle on the other hand have the revenue fom a larger ground, and significantly none of their stars want away. They've been able to sell the dream of a top seven to their players, where we never could. If Isak had been at our place, he'd be on his way. All this with a lower wage bill. So even though we throw more money at it, our stars; Maddison, Tielemans always wanted away at some stage.

I think we'll always be middle sized, and with that there will always be a possibility of relegation. The Premier League is just too good. I'll keep my eye on Atalanta and Sevilla's progress.

• Like 1

Pioneers.

We're the club others learn from.

We gave every other club a reason to believe and dream.

We shown other clubs how to be well ran.

We shown other clubs how disastrous and quickly things can spiral our of control and go south. Other clubs will learn from it.

Pioneers at all levels, good and bad.

It feels like we're a social experiment.

• Like 1

You're all going to laugh - but I had this terrible dream last night that we were relegated - it was bizarre. We had Danny Ward in goal for most of the season ( I know right?) and Soyoncu got dropped for - wait for it - Daniel Amartey! We were managed by this weird little goblin who kept dancing around and clapping a lot when we were losing - and continually slagged of the fans and the players and the club, but he wouldn't go away. 

On top of all that -  Luton got promoted after beating Cov (!!!) in the championship play off - and neither side Frank Lampard managed got relegated. Bloody hell the - subconscious doesn't half come up with some bizarre stuff ...

oh shit. It actually happened didn't it? I'm going back to bed

Edited by trabuch
  • Haha 2