Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I don’t know if I’m being unreasonable here, but is this odd or is it just comms in a social media age? To me it just smacks of the casual nature and complacency that has allowed all of this to unfold. “Our chapter comes to an end” like it’s just naturally what happens? I’m sorry it doesn’t just happen and this approach to comms verges on disrespecting the people who care about this the most and almost take it personally (ie us). Our lives were on the line today, but it’s ok because it was a chapter in a book and we’ve finished reading it now - **** OFF!

789220e3-e0a1-460a-b495-648fe3246d65.jpeg

Just how many times do the club want to demonstrate how disconnected they are with the fans!

Simply put, nobody working with the club knows the club!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dillonpanthers87 said:

I don't understand your point. Fans have a right to voice anger and if that's toxic then so be it. We are the club. I don't give a flying **** where the likes of Soumare or YT end up - I care about the club and our fans, I don't buy into all this "hard luck lads" mentality, at least when it's clear they threw in the towel long ago.

You've got posters having a go at a woman who works in the ticket office, people wanting a fan's letter to Top to tell him to f off. People condoning old men getting punched in front of their grandkids. Half of it is not even about the team. Not good.

I think some of our fan base need a dose of the Championship to get some reality. Some Johnny come lately's have been spoilt.

It's been a poor season, and mistakes have been made. We all know that. However, when you've supported them as long as I have, you know that relegation is part and parcel.

• Like 2

I agree with you first sentence.

I disagree with the below. It's part and parcel of football yes, but it's the nature and the mismanagement that has led to this relegation that is the real killer.  This isn't a cobbled together squad from 2003, or a 1995 squad with little investment. This relegation is down purely to poor management of the club at seemingly every level, and that is not acceptable. 

"However, when you've supported them as long as I have, you know that relegation is part and parcel."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I don’t know if I’m being unreasonable here, but is this odd or is it just comms in a social media age? To me it just smacks of the casual nature and complacency that has allowed all of this to unfold. “Our chapter comes to an end” like it’s just naturally what happens? I’m sorry it doesn’t just happen and this approach to comms verges on disrespecting the people who care about this the most and almost take it personally (ie us). Our lives were on the line today, but it’s ok because it was a chapter in a book and we’ve finished reading it now - **** OFF!

789220e3-e0a1-460a-b495-648fe3246d65.jpeg

I totally agree. Any sensible club would put extra scrutiny (or halt) on communications via social media post today. But nope, we get kit launch posts, nonsense like the above. To what end, to what benefit? It's convincing no-one

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

People keep saying this and it’s simply untrue. If you didn’t have a season ticket when we went up in 2013/14, it’s very unlikely you have one now. 

When we won the FA Cup and in a covid affected season recorded our highest ever revenues plus constructed a training ground better than 85% of the league, the whole idea should have been that relegation is no longer part and parcel. It should have been the launch pad to being a truly progressive club with the ability to challenge the elite. 

This whole humble act of thinking we are a club who should just fall back into a cycle of up yo’ing is nonsense 

Which is why the pain of relegation runs far deeper then previous ones before, after all the work and apparent progress on and off the field the reality of being knocked back down to square one in his highly negligent fashion is difficult for most to fathom.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

You've got posters having a go at a woman who works in the ticket office, people wanting a fan's letter to Top to tell him to f off. People condoning old men getting punched in front of their grandkids. Half of it is not even about the team. Not good.

I think some of our fan base need a dose of the Championship to get some reality. Some Johnny come lately's have been spoilt.

It's been a poor season, and mistakes have been made. We all know that. However, when you've supported them as long as I have, you know that relegation is part and parcel.

Indeed. We're simply returning to where we were a mere 'decade' ago (2013-14!), aka the Championship/tier two which to some of us over 50s is a bit like yesterday returning to what we were well accustomed to yesterday afternoon still. Disappointing after nine mostly decent-exceptional Prem. years but hardly the end of the world in the grander scheme of things. We were never going to be able to compete with the orthodox 'top 6' establishment on a regular basis before it all went pear shaped last season and this besides really. The fact that we won the Premier League against the greatest odds ever and the FA Cup for the first time ever will obviously never be forgotten anytime soon by most of the football world and they  have to be milestones in our archives but that's all they now are - history, even if recent history! As you say part and parcel and on we go with the next cycle, be whatever it is as it may!  

• Like 2

Just now, jonathan_ross said:

Which is why the pain of relegation runs far deeper then previous ones before, after all the work and apparent progress on and off the field the reality of being knocked back down to square one in his highly negligent fashion is difficult for most to fathom.

A good season in the PL has you knocking on the door of Europe. A good season in tbe Championship has you promoted and another massive task to stay up. 

That’s the simplest way of describing it for me. Back to square one as you say. Whilst your squad is a lower quality that a cup run to a semi final or final is very unlikely 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

Relegation = no excuse to go to the pub for a game. 

Stuck at home with the Mrs every weekend listening to BBC Radio Leicester. 

My life is over.

You could go to the actual match?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guy said:

Indeed. We're simply returning to where we were a mere 'decade' ago (2013-14!), aka the Championship/tier two which to some of us over 50s is a bit like yesterday returning to what we were well accustomed to yesterday afternoon still. Disappointing after nine mostly decent-exceptional Prem. years but hardly the end of the world in the grander scheme of things. We were never going to be able to compete with the orthodox 'top 6' establishment on a regular basis before it all went pear shaped last season and this besides really. The fact that we won the Premier League against the greatest odds ever and the FA Cup for the first time ever will obviously never be forgotten anytime soon by most of the football world and they  have to be milestones in our archives but that's all they now are - history, even if recent history! As you say part and parcel and on we go with the next cycle, be whatever it is as it may!  

Ridiculous post given the positions we have been in. Complete lack of desire and ambition. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Ridiculous post given the positions we have been in. Complete lack of desire and ambition. 

totally bizarre. Stockholm syndrome. Especially given the fact the two top 6 finishes should have both been CL qualifications if it had not been for total meltdowns.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dillonpanthers87 said:

totally bizarre. Stockholm syndrome. Especially given the fact the two top 6 finishes should have both been CL qualifications if it had not been for total meltdowns.

It’s obvious the complacency has leaked into the fanbase 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KFS said:

I was just being general and putting it into perspective really minus the 'passion' attachment or perhaps a wee bit less from the self entitlement "too good to go down" angle.....and nobody's more disappointed than me at our relegation after an unbelievable past nine years. As for 'the positions' you refer to that we've been in .... then over the past two seasons they have hardly been great ones have they? No investment last summer, shite recruitment the summer before that, criminal infact (Daka and Soumare plus two Saints rejects to show for it back in 2021). Maybe this so near, yet so far (to staying up) episode, was simply an accident waiting to happen after the past two years.....sad all the same but as I said life and football both go on to the next cycle! Also Covid did us no favours either re investment connected to King Power empire. nor persisting out of indecision and/or blind loyalty with Rodgers with it for a season too long but we'll just have to see what lies in store for us now. All we can hope it for better times ahead than this season as things stand at present.....and it's not as if we're strangers to tier two football after all. I suppose what you were saying is that we don't want to resume our yo yo club status and become the next Watford or Norwich, which although a possibility isn't a prospect to relish, fair play if so. 

Edited by Guy

Thought it would be easier to take than it has been today with how we have been over the last few weeks thought it was over before today but I am gutted so many things could have changed how the season went but in the end we were just not good enough. A lot of changes coming over the next few weeks with players out and maybe a new manage and it all has to be right for us to stand a chance to go back up straight away. Ugh football 

9 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Not even close. With respect, you guys clearly were getting worse over time and ended up going from finishing 9th consistently to the bottom half before relegation. We finished 8th last year and 5th the year before. We haven’t finished in the bottom half of the division since 2017. It’s honestly insane to think that we’re about to be relegated. But thankyou for your post and all the best. 

so were we? our actual performances in 2021/22 were deserving of a 15th-17th place finish, the warning signs were there for anyone who cared to open their eyes

• Like 3

The club got what it deserved, the last 2 years have truly been shambolic, mismanagement at every level of the club. Unfortunately it’s the fans who suffer the real hurt, pain and anguish, I imagine the majority involved in this fiasco including the players and Rodgers will turn up at premier league clubs this summer and carry on receiving the adulation of the media and dismissing or forgetting their contribution to our demise. 

Drain the swamp, clear out the Director of Football, the playing squad and the hangers on and let’s get our club back. 

Devastated it’s come to this but we dust ourselves down and we go again. Leicester till I die. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The club got what it deserved, the last 2 years have truly been shambolic, mismanagement at every level of the club. Unfortunately it’s the fans who suffer the real hurt, pain and anguish, I imagine the majority involved in this fiasco including the players and Rodgers will turn up at premier league clubs this summer and carry on receiving the adulation of the media and dismissing or forgetting their contribution to our demise. 

Drain the swamp, clear out the Director of Football, the playing squad and the hangers on and let’s get our club back. 

Devastated it’s come to this but we dust ourselves down and we go again. Leicester till I die. 

Agree but expect Rudders to stay in place. In next 24 hrs or so there will be some platitudes about getting back, learning lessons etc but it will be a case of can we be successful in spite of the weak DofF.

A lot depends on the new manager.