Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Relegation could have been easily avoided but they kept blind faith in a man that could not turn it around. 

Great, you have no idea if it would have made a difference though. We were still shit when he went.

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

Normally you'd say 'thank god they weren't being paid seven figure sums to look after our finances', but on this occasion it barely made any difference.

I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of what seemed like the vast majority on here.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Great, you have no idea if it would have made a difference though. We were still shit when he went.

We had a chance to sack him and get in Emeri before Villa got him. He would have got us ticking I think 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

In fairness the point for game Smith got us would have seen us mid to lower bottom of the league. We were too far gone in reality to pay that terrible brand of football to escape relegation. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just a standard statement isn't it. 

I reckon we do have a lot of money but just can't spend it. 

It doesn't say any different to any other statement they may have 'written' for the programme at any other point in the past without any financial punishment hanging over us. 

Its a lazy paragraph in the match programme, as if match attending fans are all that need to be pleased and it will fool those who have a soft touch for him.

It addresses people who might be concerned the club would go into admin or something, I dont have that concern anyway, I know KP wouldnt let that happen, but it doesnt address or even acknowledge the shambolic management of the club.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 31/03/2024 at 12:09, Number 6 said:

I think the mistake here is to not have good football people in places to ensure good running of the club. He doesn't need to be all over the details of LCFC goings on if there are good people in place to do that. 

There aren’t 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'm not sure whether that's hypocrisy, or just a case of people expressing opinions about things that they can't possibly be appropriately informed on. They don't have a clue what's likely to come out in next year's accounts, nor the ins and outs of the behind the scenes conversations, so they take a viewpoint which suits the very limited picture that they're getting of things. I.e. let's invest in this team because as far as I know the money's there / let's change the boss because as far as I know the money's there / let's not sell Barnes or Youri or Maddison / let's forget about FFP because nobody ever does anything about it anyway.

It's a similar principal to someone like Junior Lewis not being good enough at PL level. Clearly that's down to a manager who had worked with him for years, saw things that we didn't in training and, based on that wealth of information, should have known better - rather than to the fans who heartily cheered his debut and wondered for a minute whether we'd uncovered another bargain. You could hardly say 'well, you silly sods said he was alright' when he turned out to be rubbish, because they didn't have the same information in front of them as the manager, and they weren't amply reimbursed as experts contracted to deal with those matters. So you heard nothing more, nothing less than you'd expect to hear from them when (a) Junior Lewis had a good game and (b) he ended up being awful.

It's not really hypocrisy, and it's not always negative either, because clearly a lot of the support for KP and their sound financial management in the past has also been a consequence of us not seeing the full picture. If these fans were paid to be on top of that sort of information, it'd make sense to be annoyed with them.

• Like 2

On 31/03/2024 at 12:09, Number 6 said:

Not to mention on the business side their duty free had to go through a global pandemic where there was no travel. He's had to contend with things which Vichai didn't.

I think the mistake here is to not have good football people in places to ensure good running of the club. He doesn't need to be all over the details of LCFC goings on if there are good people in place to do that. 

I think I disagree, I think its important an owner has enough interest he is still sticking his nose in and making sure the club is run well, achieves its goals etc.  An owner should be attending games regularly as an example as well.

When you go down the road of "leaving it to others", it allows situations like "I have faith in my people" (when they doing a bad job) and for rots to set in whilst the disinterest continues.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Are you saying we shouldn’t have sacked him 

Considering all that has happened over the last couple of weeks it's poor that he wasn't in his seat at the Norwich game today. If he had something important already pencilled in then fair enough. If not then it smacks of not having the balls to face his customers.

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Considering all that has happened over the last couple of weeks it's poor that he wasn't in his seat at the Norwich game today. If he had something important already pencilled in then fair enough. If not then it smacks of not having the balls to face his customers.

Few days before his late father's birthday, so wouldn't surprise me if there was a family function or occasion.

• Like 2

It’ll be written by the Comms Director. He might potentially have had to sign it off (although maybe not for a run of the mill programme note) but don’t get worked up kidding yourselves that Top sat down and typed that all out.

Same with the abomination of a statement at the end of last season. Not his words. That said, I’m sure on that one he had to give hard approval so absolutely his fault looking at that, thinking it was a good plan and signing it off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Hmmm, the call for a signing was to help out with central defence at the time. We signed Ryan Bennett out of a bargain bin. It was hardly break the bank stuff needed to get us over the line. 

Unlike the summer of spending to come post FA Cup victory 

Edited by CosbehFox

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It’ll be written by the Comms Director. He might potentially have had to sign it off (although maybe not for a run of the mill programme note) but don’t get worked up kidding yourselves that Top sat down and typed that all out.

Same with the abomination of a statement at the end of last season. Not his words. That said, I’m sure on that one he had to give hard approval so absolutely his fault looking at that, thinking it was a good plan and signing it off.

We need an owner who actually gives a shit

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, chapero82 said:

We had a chance to sack him and get in Emeri before Villa got him. He would have got us ticking I think 

we didn’t though. Fans wanted him  but Emeri was never accepting anything that wasn’t a big project with an open cheque book. 

He wanted his people in the club and the ability to grow the club to challenge. We were already in hot water with FFP, there’s no way he would have joined in our situation. 

He has a history of being picky with his projects, he turned down newcastle just the season before and that was with all their new cash. 

• 2 weeks later...