Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Do you think the press get told before hand (or find out before hand) but cannot make an announcement until they are cleared to do so? I read somewhere that the BBC will make the official announcement. (if it is a case of her dying) - would be strange if they started wearing black if they didn't actually know anything and all that they knew was that she was ill?

According to the article I linked to, the Beeb don't have a monopoly on it these days. PA and others get it at the same time.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Do you think the press get told before hand (or find out before hand) but cannot make an announcement until they are cleared to do so? I read somewhere that the BBC will make the official announcement. (if it is a case of her dying) - would be strange if they started wearing black if they didn't actually know anything and all that they knew was that she was ill?

Guess it's more a precaution so they're not wearing a John Snow (C4 news) garish pink tie when the news inevitably breaks.

The whole process is softening the blow so it's not a shock.  Whilst I was still a kid, having Cartoon Network intererupted to suddenly say "Diana's dead" was a bit shocking and they probably learnt from those events.

As sad and as big as it is, I don't see why everything would need to shut down. Bank holiday for the funeral yes, I get that, but everything else doesn't seem necessary. 

I'm neither a royalist, or anti-monarchy but I am always fascinated with the history involved in it all and it's a huge factor in what Britain is. 

End of era, was bound to happen sooner rather than later but still catches you out when it inevitably happens. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Just had a quick look at the B B C and if this isn’t the proverbial “it”, I’d be very surprised.

If not, what is Huw doing in his mourning gear?

plus Nicholas Witchell basically holding back tears. 

It really does feel like a close member of the family has died. :(

There was never a bad bone in her; perhaps, for sure, certain other members of the royal family should take note.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 2

Of course there will be this level of commotion if she is in bad physical health. 

It's all about managing the levels of shock and getting the news out slowly and early. 

I don't think it will be as long as some think between her passing away and the news rolling. 

I think she is still with us, but obviously don't have a bloody clue, like you all. 

Edited by Lako42

18 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It really does feel like a close member of the family has died. :(

There was never a bad bone in her; perhaps, for sure, certain other members of the royal family should take note.

You've, I assume, never met her, you really don't know what she's like from the snippets we get to see. People can put on a face to the public. She might be a complete arsehole for all we know.

• Like 2

Just now, Facecloth said:

You've, I assume, never met her, you really don't know what she's like from the snippets we get to see. People can put on a face to the public. She might be a complete arsehole for all we know.

Am fairly adamant that she's very well-regarded across the world.

Saying that, can imagine she was quite stubborn (for example towards Harry and Meghan) at times when she needed to be.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Wonder if she let people take the last pizza slice or if she herself took it. 

• Haha 2