Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

Whether you support the monarchy or not, it would be the end of probably the longest reign we will ever see in this country. Highly significant moment in UK history.

looks like BR will get a further reprieve if the football calendar is postponed this weekend as a result. I can’t see the FA going ahead with matches if this happens.

Just now, One Arm Babba said:

Whether you support the monarchy or not, it would be the end of probably the longest reign we will ever see in this country. Highly significant moment in UK history.

looks like BR will get a further reprieve if the football calendar is postponed this weekend as a result. I can’t see the FA going ahead with matches if this happens.

Really don’t understand why this needs to happen. Feels awfully outdated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Really don’t understand why this needs to happen. Feels awfully outdated. 

Whether we agree or not, a big part of the population will be in mourning.

It will hit the country overall pretty hard I reckon and lots of things will get cancelled out of respect.

18 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

I’d imagine public services and civil service work would be suspended, so no trains, buses etc. that alone would prevent matches going ahead, 

You can't suspend travel for health and safety reasons. No chance that happens. 

Might be reduced yes, but as with Covid, it can't stop

Edited by AjcW

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As I understand it, the funeral and coronation day would be bank holidays but workers will not be entitled to a day off and must arrange with their employer if they are expected to work 

National day of mourning, but not a bank holiday.

3 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

And the newscasters are wearing black 

Do you think the press get told before hand (or find out before hand) but cannot make an announcement until they are cleared to do so? I read somewhere that the BBC will make the official announcement. (if it is a case of her dying) - would be strange if they started wearing black if they didn't actually know anything and all that they knew was that she was ill?

Just now, hejammy said:

Do you think the press get told before hand (or find out before hand) but cannot make an announcement until they are cleared to do so? I read somewhere that the BBC will make the official announcement. (if it is a case of her dying) - would be strange if they started wearing black if they didn't actually know anything and all that they knew was that she was ill?

Yes think it will all be very coordinated by the Palace.

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I think this is exactly the case for those reasons tbh.

• Like 1