Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

With our injury situation and Barnes' poor form, we need to build the team around him. No one except Maddison has got near him for average goals and assists per game.

Go 3-5-2 until we've got players back. 

1 thing, everytime we've played 352 the forum goes into meltdown on why are we playing 5 at the back against (insert any 1 of 14 or 15 teams) despite having the messiah up front in a 2, its all vey strange.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Everyone says nacho can't play up front on his own, on the right or can't play as one of the 3 behind the striker. It's absolute nonsense the manager is just a stubborn idiot when it comes to nacho. 

You make it sound like its never been tried. 

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You make it sound like its never been tried. 

How many times has Daka looked totally out of his depth up top on his own, how many times has Vardy touched the ball 5 times in a match and never had a shot. The system doesn't suit strikers nacho is no different. When he's played as a 10 he's always scored and/or assisted. The bias against nacho baffles me, he needs a run in the team ASAP and if that isn't going to happen let the poor lad ply his trade somewhere where he'll play and be appreciated. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FLAN said:

What’s more baffling is why he puts up with it rather than forcing a move. Maybe part of the issue is his motivation?  Personally I’d like him in the starting team 

Nail on head, happy to pick up pay packet, happy to show occasional effort (or consistent come contract renewal time)

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

What’s more baffling is why he puts up with it rather than forcing a move. Maybe part of the issue is his motivation?  Personally I’d like him in the starting team 

As a Nigerian, this is 100% the impression I have of Kelechi, tbf. I've been a big fan of his since he was 16, but he seems perfectly content with his career, making good money, playing a substitute role, and enjoying life, but in a football sense it just doesn't make sense to me. Rodgers first banished him from the team essentially, after which he came back in the team and played a massive part in saving the season and winning the FA Cup, and then went right back to sitting on the bench, with no complaints, despite being in the prime of his career. It makes him a great "squad player", but any player with ambition would be banging on the manager's door or asking for a transfer, not Kelechi though. It just seems like he's carefree on and off the pitch. He'll always score and make chances, he's a natural in that regard, but more could be achieved. We had the best player at two straight u-17 tournaments in him and Osimhen, and when you compare his mentality with his counterpart, who gives all of himself 100% of the time, Iheanacho seems like a waste of great talent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many times has Daka looked totally out of his depth up top on his own, how many times has Vardy touched the ball 5 times in a match and never had a shot. The system doesn't suit strikers nacho is no different. When he's played as a 10 he's always scored and/or assisted. The bias against nacho baffles me, he needs a run in the team ASAP and if that isn't going to happen let the poor lad ply his trade somewhere where he'll play and be appreciated. 

Just because people have an opinion doesn't make it bias.

Nacho biggest is consistent, he's as likely to fall over his feet as put in the top corner.

For me he's also lack a bit of tactical nous and needs to find a bit of devil in him.

The fact his here 6 season later still playing a bit part probably shows he lacks a bit of ruthlessness and motivation you need to be a top player.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Just because people have an opinion doesn't make it bias.

Nacho biggest is consistent, he's as likely to fall over his feet as put in the top corner.

For me he's also lack a bit of tactical nous and needs to find a bit of devil in him.

The fact his here 6 season later still playing a bit part probably shows he lacks a bit of ruthlessness and motivation you need to be a top player.

So you want him to throw his toys out the pram like mahrez or fofana? To what end? If he's asked to play he puts a shift in. I think he's very professional. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

So you want him to throw his toys out the pram like mahrez or fofana? To what end? If he's asked to play he puts a shift in. I think he's very professional. 

He'd be far more justified in doing so than those two, they were both starting every match.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Absolutely makes my blood boil we can be absolutely abysmal for months on end yet we have a game changer sat on the bench week after week who looks on at abject display after abject display from the players who get in ahead of him. Just why. 

Because as much as I hate to say it, he isn't so much of a "game changer" against decent opposition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Because as much as I hate to say it, he isn't so much of a "game changer" against decent opposition. 

That's just statistically incorrect though isn't it. When the alternatives are 2 players woefully out of form or plain not good enough why does nacho not get a run of games? He can't possibly do any worse. 

• Like 2