Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

That's just statistically incorrect though isn't it. When the alternatives are 2 players woefully out of form or plain not good enough why does nacho not get a run of games? He can't possibly do any worse. 

I agree that he should be given an opportunity. Don't expect him to fare well or stand out against Premier League opposition in our current form though. 

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

He can play up front by himself. That was simply a narrative started by Rodgers to excuse his non-selection. Further, even if he can’t, can you comfortably say he would do worse than current Vardy and Daka. It’s a no brained, because he could easily fit in.

I don't know if it was started by Rodgers, people have been saying it here for a while, although I don't recall if he's ever actually been tried much as a loan striker here? As said though, he holds the ball up so much better than Vardy or Daka and both of them have been so poor this season that Iheanacho up front on his own can hardly be any worse.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Wish he would get a run of games. With Tete joining, it means Maddison will be more central hopefully as a 10. Iheanacho wouldn't be as isolated up top by himself with Maddison around. 

Also with Barnes and Tete getting forward, he could drop abit deeper like Firmino does. 

• Like 3

As I see it with nacho, he actually score goals when he gets into the swing of things. Whether by luck or good judgement, goals seem to happen when he’s around, he’s like one of those players you think he’s gash, then a goal appears, just wish we’d play him more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Wish he would get a run of games. With Tete joining, it means Maddison will be more central hopefully as a 10. Iheanacho wouldn't be as isolated up top by himself with Maddison around. 

Also with Barnes and Tete getting forward, he could drop abit deeper like Firmino does. 

Sounds good! That’s probably our strongest attacking line up. 

Regardless of the goal(which was heading for the corner flag) we have 3 strikers who are not up to it. We are desperate for a striker. This man, aside from a purple patch a couple of seasons ago has been largely terrible. He cannot control a football & is not the answer.

21 minutes ago, westernpark said:

He can play up front by himself. That was simply a narrative started by Rodgers to excuse his non-selection. Further, even if he can’t, can you comfortably say he would do worse than current Vardy and Daka. It’s a no brained, because he could easily fit in.

If he plays up front on his own, we are going to have to make sure we get players running beyond him, because his natural instinct is to drop deep and link the play, or find a pocket of space to get a shot away. He doesn't possess the pace to play on the shoulder of a defender in the way Vardy and Daka do. I do agree though that given the form of Vardy and sadly the total ineffectiveness of Daka, he is probably worth a go for a few games. He deserves a chance.

Just now, Brenfox said:

Regardless of the goal(which was heading for the corner flag) we have 3 strikers who are not up to it. We are desperate for a striker. This man, aside from a purple patch a couple of seasons ago has been largely terrible. He cannot control a football & is not the answer.

In Rodgers first full season he was good when he was given chances, which was fair enough because Vardy won the golden boot that year. I’m not sure where the poor touch thing comes from. His touch isn’t that of Mahrez, but it’s not worth that comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

If he plays up front on his own, we are going to have to make sure we get players running beyond him, because his natural instinct is to drop deep and link the play, or find a pocket of space to get a shot away. He doesn't possess the pace to play on the shoulder of a defender in the way Vardy and Daka do. I do agree though that given the form of Vardy and sadly the total ineffectiveness of Daka, he is probably worth a go for a few games. He deserves a chance.

He’s fairly quick, but I agree with that point, regarding the need for players to be dropping in behind. You’d like to think Maddison, Barnes could do that, or even Tete perhaps. I think what this points to is potentially a more fluid attack, with Vardy more recently we have looked quite rigid.

• Like 1