Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

Radio Leicester coverage

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

The only time I ever listen to RL is about a 20 min window after the game once returned to the car. The presenter seems to like the sound of his own voice for my liking. You're right, there's a lack of insightful calls but in the past it was more comedy than insight from what I recall. 

I can't work out who listens to the show now with all games being televised. Even if we got relegated to League 2 there's still a stream every week.

Mate you can't even get a stream of most championship games each week, what League Two streams do you know of?

BBC Radio Leicester coverage will always have the problem that it has to maintain a relationship with the club. It was quite staggering that Ian Stringer survived as long as he did after severing ties with all the playing staff and Nigel Pearson. 

Matt Piper is the first pundit who has actively challenged the management. When the Birch was on it was truly a waste of time. He still has splinters up his arse from all that fence sitting. Even when Holloway took us down he wouldn't criticise anything. 

Owynn has done a good job in my opinion. He's copied Stringer to an almost scary degree which i'm not sure was the best route to take, but at his age to be the full time commentator is an amazing achievement. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Mate you can't even get a stream of most championship games each week, what League Two streams do you know of?

Without being prepared to divulge my sources, I’m told that some people access championship, league one, league two and national league streams. They exist, it’s just knowing where and how to get them.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Haha 1

Just now, FLAN said:

My only gripe with Piper is he hasn’t once reflected on Barnes complete lack of application. It’s always there’s a great player there and he wasn’t at his best. He needs calling out for the unmotivated player he is 

I think he becomes demotivated due to the time he has to wait to receive the ball. If you watch him, he often makes the run and doesn't receive the ball. 5 minutes later he gets it with his back to goal. Yes he can be annoying,but we have far greater problems than Barnes

55 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Without being prepared to divulge at the moment, I have access to championship, league one, league two and national league streams. They exist, it’s just knowing where and how to get them.

We'll need full disclosure by August. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

Piper was very much Rodgers out earlier in the season, then mysteriously was replaced by Nugent for a while. 

The club, from what I gather, weren’t too amused. 

Piper has already stated that he is going to spend more time watching/coaching his son at his football matches and less time as co-coms on RL.

Nugent is likely to be the next "pundit" replacement.

• Like 1

As  I live overseas actually listen to it alot overs the years, match day and the forum on Monday. Definitely say Owain has improved, hes a good commentator now and much better than stringer, his god bless to everyone and cringy keenness was just another level. Jack raffetry is decent seems to know his LCFC history.  I just cant take to piper, I just dont think he’s truly an actual leicester fan, I may be wrong.  But since they stopped the calls in for the forum and after match it has  become tedious just to listen to him go round in circles. 

22 hours ago, FLAN said:

My only gripe with Piper is he hasn’t once reflected on Barnes complete lack of application. It’s always there’s a great player there and he wasn’t at his best. He needs calling out for the unmotivated player he is 

Nope Barnes just a confidence player and not sort to pick team up when they’re low. He’s a superb talent and cannot understand how fans can’t see that

hes frustrating but it’s not lack of effort or trying

5 minutes ago, eblair said:

Nope Barnes just a confidence player and not sort to pick team up when they’re low. He’s a superb talent and cannot understand how fans can’t see that

hes frustrating but it’s not lack of effort or trying

Totally disagree on lack of effort. It’s there to see most games. Anyway this isn’t the Barnes thread so I will shut up now 

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Why did stringer even leave RL?

Some say it was to do Stringer left to due to health issues, while others said it was to do with pay, the BBC didn't want to pay the money he wanted so he refused to return but Radio Leicester would not give into his hands and instead they just seen out his contract till the end of that season.

I really miss the old format. As someone in the U.S. who “found” the Premier League in 2020 due to the pandemic, the old shows were a helpful part of how I chose LCFC as my club to support. It had a familiar feeling, and it felt like you were getting a decent, authentic and insightful look at the club. I enjoyed the longer format, and the show they did with Birch from Woodman’s Stoke (forgive me if the spelling is wrong).

Since they’ve begun this new podcast format, I feel like I am missing out on so much, and it really amplifies the feeling that I’m so far away from the club and it’s happenings. I had hoped that it would be a short term thing, as they sorted out the new format, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. :( 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Some say it was to do Stringer left to due to health issues, while others said it was to do with pay, the BBC didn't want to pay the money he wanted so he refused to return but Radio Leicester would not give into his hands and instead they just seen out his contract till the end of that season.

As someone who follows Ian Stringer on twitter, I would speculate that his break from the radio was more down to mental health issues, than money.  He seems to have had suffered some pretty dark moments, and even now, he still has days when he is battling against them.  The good thing is, he seems to be trying to be positive and do positive things, and it seems now, when he is struggling, he puts it out there and reaches out, which is a good thing. Whether his contact ran out and the BBC chose not to renew it because they have been making cut backs, and his absence had made him an easy cut I don't know. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I for one wish him well, and hope he goes on to bigger and better things.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think his exit was far from amicable. I've not seen anything to suggest he still speaks to Stringer. 

Agree. I think when Stringer started working with Talksport , he made some comment about them supporting him through his difficult times, implying that RL hadn't. But I suspect this is more directed at management rather than his fellow colleagues. 

• Like 1