Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

Radio Leicester coverage

17 hours ago, Mark said:

What's going on with this lately? Have always listened to this on the way home after matches but it appears to have turned into the rugby show. Is the football playing second fiddle to rugby now since relegation?

...perhaps because the rugby is on DAB, they are looking to give it a bigger audience, or the Football is no longer taking calls after games with Piper left to answer repetitive questions and unable to string the time out!!!

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Drove down to Leicester on Saturday and had the second half on in the car. He really has developed into a solid broadcaster. 

...yeah, the Stringerism are no longer there,  he seems to have developed his own style and rhythm !!!

I do notice that he and Jack Rafferty have a habit of talking over the action and not about what is happening on the pitch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What I find the most baffling is why anyone would use the radio anymore with every game fairly easily accessible as a stream. I can't remember the last time I listened to a match, probably over 10 years maybe. 

All I can comment on is the after game analysis. It's usually rugby by the time I get back to the car these days so I actually get nothing from RL now.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

What I find the most baffling is why anyone would use the radio anymore with every game fairly easily accessible as a stream. I can't remember the last time I listened to a match, probably over 10 years maybe. 

All I can comment on is the after game analysis. It's usually rugby by the time I get back to the car these days so I actually get nothing from RL now.

Tbf it has become much more of a faff to find streams this season. I can see why some would just turn the radio on.

Personally don't bother with any post or pre match stuff, if I've got sports radio on its talksport or 5-live 

24 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think it's people like my old man at 78 who still listen to RL on a regular basis for their City info.

Use to love the goal horn as a kid.

Edited by coolhandfox

49 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think it's people like my old man at 78 who still listen to RL on a regular basis for their City info.

Use to love the goal horn as a kid.

You’d be listening to a programme on a Saturday afternoon, when there would suddenly be a pause, then the goal horn would sound before they gave the score details. All very exciting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Pay for all the streams but sometimes, if ya tinkering in the garage, it's kinda nice to listen to the radio and, to be honest, there's been a few games lately that I'm glad I didn't see. 

I'm a loyal Fox, though gritted teeth sometimes.