Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

Radio Leicester coverage

4 hours ago, smudger63 said:

As someone who follows Ian Stringer on twitter, I would speculate that his break from the radio was more down to mental health issues, than money.  He seems to have had suffered some pretty dark moments, and even now, he still has days when he is battling against them.  The good thing is, he seems to be trying to be positive and do positive things, and it seems now, when he is struggling, he puts it out there and reaches out, which is a good thing. Whether his contact ran out and the BBC chose not to renew it because they have been making cut backs, and his absence had made him an easy cut I don't know. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I for one wish him well, and hope he goes on to bigger and better things.

Indeed as I say some is just speciation rather the fact. Perhaps we will learn one day the real reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, David Lowe said:

Latest listening figures are the worst for many years so maybe this explains the lack of callers!

I wonder how much the teams performance affects this. When we’re doing crap I proper sulk and barely listen to any of my usual football podcasts. Pretty much all Monday and Tuesday would be filled with footy podcasts. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I wonder how much the teams performance affects this. When we’re doing crap I proper sulk and barely listen to any of my usual football podcasts. Pretty much all Monday and Tuesday would be filled with footy podcasts. 

You are a kindred spirit. If we lose Saturday I’m still down on the Tuesday ….I don’t start picking up till Wednesday - I’m way too old to sulk but if anything I’m getting worse 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David Lowe said:

Latest listening figures are the worst for many years so maybe this explains the lack of callers!

Let’s be honest, the product isn’t great. Also Stringer got his aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins twice removed and their dogs, cats and budgerigars to tune in to boost his audience figures 

3 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

You are a kindred spirit. If we lose Saturday I’m still down on the Tuesday ….I don’t start picking up till Wednesday - I’m way too old to sulk but if anything I’m getting worse 

...much like O'Neill, I  recall him saying it is come the middle of the week when he gets over a defeat!!!

8 hours ago, David Lowe said:

They often say the Football Forum podcast gets the most listens of any Radio Leicester podcast.

Albeit it's competition is probably a show about plants.

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

They often say the Football Forum podcast gets the most listens of any Radio Leicester podcast.

Albeit it's competition is probably a show about plants.

I might be wrong but I think it was/is the most listened to of any local radio station, not just radio Leicester. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Not just that though, match of the day is gone, no sky sports and if any footy comes on the news I’ll sometimes switch over. Like you I’m too old to sulk like this but I can’t help it. Also I don’t swear but when the opposition score or the final whistle goes it’s like I have a seriously very extreme form of turrets uttering curse after curse under my breath. It could be a legit condition called “football turrets” lol 

9 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I might be wrong but I think it was/is the most listened to of any local radio station, not just radio Leicester. 

Radio Sheffield has their version of the football phone in every single night. I know they have two teams and Rotherham but thats a lot of phone in.

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Radio Sheffield has their version of the football phone in every single night. I know they have two teams and Rotherham but thats a lot of phone in.

Used to listen to the century one driving home from work. Darren fletcher with birch and an ex forest and derby player. Good times 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Do they do a podcast though? I know it was the most listened/downloaded podcast. Though listening to some of the other stations football content it’s probably no surprise. 

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Do they do a podcast though? I know it was the most listened/downloaded podcast. Though listening to some of the other stations football content it’s probably no surprise. 

I assume it goes out on a podcast.

A Leicester fan was the presenter a few years back.

38 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

I used to listen to the football forum podcast on Spotify but recently I can't seem to find it anymore. 

theyve changed it to "when youre smiling"... i had the same problem, then found it....its an ugly yellow icon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

Gary Birtles and Roger Davies I think. 

God, as a kid I remember when we signed Roger Davies. It didn't end well! 

I think before that they had larry loyd in what sounded like a cupboard while he consumed pint after pint of strong ale and worked his way through a pack of 20 fags. I reckon by the end of the show he had forgot he was on air and just breathed heavily into the mic while callers ranted at him. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I think before that they had larry loyd in what sounded like a cupboard while he consumed pint after pint of strong ale and worked his way through a pack of 20 fags. I reckon by the end of the show he had forgot he was on air and just breathed heavily into the mic while callers ranted at him. lol 

Yes, I nearly said Larry Lloyd, he was definitely on there at some point.

Kenny Burns too? Or have I imagined that? In addition to playing for Forest he also starred for Birmingham at Filbert Street when we lost 2-6 😱

• Like 1