Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

Radio Leicester coverage

On 03/02/2023 at 21:48, Plastik Man said:

Yes, I nearly said Larry Lloyd, he was definitely on there at some point.

Kenny Burns too? Or have I imagined that? In addition to playing for Forest he also starred for Birmingham at Filbert Street when we lost 2-6 😱

Burns scored a hat trick and won a car in so doing, if I remember correctly in that 2-6 game.  He was a centre forward at Blues, and centre back at Notts Forest. A very good player.

On 03/02/2023 at 15:46, Plastik Man said:

Gary Birtles and Roger Davies I think. 

God, as a kid I remember when we signed Roger Davies. It didn't end well! 

He was supposed to be our saviour wasn't he, and was dreadfull. He was one of a number of poor signings during McClintocks shocking season. He brought in an over the hill George Armstrong, Alan Waddle, the Liverpool reserve striker, who was even worse then Roger Davies. Lammie Robertson from Exeter who was no where near the level. Billy Hughes who I quite liked at Derby, but didn't really work here. Geoff Salmons was probably his best signing that season, but overall Eddie Kelly, who wasn't great that season, but turned into a hugely influential and important player for us under Jock Wallace, was without doubt his best signing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LVFox said:

Time for one of the biggest annoyances. When you can't get the radio commentary at 3pm on BBC sounds or your Google/Alexa because of "licencing issues" and have to listen to lcfc.com!

I’ve resorted to sitting in the car on my driveway and listening 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Burns scored a hat trick and won a car in so doing, if I remember correctly in that 2-6 game.  He was a centre forward at Blues, and centre back at Notts Forest. A very good player.

It was indeed 6-2 to Birmingham and Kenny Burns showed his bare arse to the Kop!

4 minutes ago, Rob Clarke said:

I remember that game. City were dreadful on a very frozen pitch. Just the opposite of the ice kings in the 1962/63 season.

Remember it vividly. That game would never go ahead these days. Players could barely stand up. 🥴

• 8 months later...
18 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

We don’t seem to be getting any fan reaction after games now.

It seems that football and rugby are now having a shared programme with one presenter when the matches are played together. Maybe to do with local radio cuts although sport wasn’t supposed to be affected.

well the lead commentator for the Tigers lost his job meaning Adam Whittey now does commentary having been the presenter

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

going from his comments at the time he was let go by Radio Leicester so I would guess budget cuts seeing as the presenter took over

Looks like there will just be one programme with split commentary when the 2 sports clash. Surely there could still be comments from fans of both sports at the end.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Wonder when Stringer will give us his side of what happened. He said he was going to.

I doubt he will. His own mental health and the life events he went through clearly impacted his career and I imagine it made it difficult for him to focus resulting in him leaving RL, possibly by mutual consent.

LEICESTER SPORTS COMMENTATOR SHARES SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AHEAD OF PREVENTION DAY – Pukaar News • Leicester based news agency

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

More people look for streams, less people listen to football on the radio. Can’t have it both ways.

The tigers game was on TNT sports and on radio Leicester!

I had a shite stream and couldn’t even listen to the radio commentary. I had to use the updates on the match thread on foxestalk

21 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Looks like there will just be one programme with split commentary when the 2 sports clash. Surely there could still be comments from fans of both sports at the end.

when they clash Tigers commentary is online as they are allowed to do so, football stays on the FM feed