Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

Radio Leicester coverage

The post match discussion when promulgated on the net just ends up lately of Owen Palmer-Atkin asking the same question in 6 different ways just to pad out the show.

This is probably why the Monday night football forum discussion only lasts for 35 mins because of no callers. 

• Haha 1

IDK, I like the RL podcasts. 

Piper's probably their best contributor, Fryatt's knowledgeable but tone of voice sounds exactly like his emoticonamajig on here. 

At least they mix it up with Nuge and Howard, although not convinced either watch that much of us. 

13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

What's Stringer up to now?

He was a roving EFL reporter for Talkshite for a while. No idea whether he's still there. 

Still curious as to why he exited RL and there's been little-to-no mention of him since. Seems very much like he left under a bit of a cloud. 

Edited by RoboFox

11 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Can anyone enlighten me to the music that accompanies the when your smiling pods, thanks in advance 

Probably specially commissioned or it's from a production music library. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

IDK, I like the RL podcasts. 

Piper's probably their best contributor, Fryatt's knowledgeable but somehow sounds exactly like his emoticonamajig on here fryup.gif 

At least they mix it up with Nuge and Howard, although not convinced either watch that much of us. 

He was a roving EFL reporter for Talkshite for a while. No idea whether he's still there. 

Still curious as to why he exited RL and there's been little-to-no mention of him since. Seems very much like he left under a bit of a cloud. 

Some speculated it was down to mental health issues, as he was posting alot on his social media whilst off Radio Leicester, after that he never returned. Could be possible he was struggling with the regular demand of Radio Leicester, but considering he left quietly makes it interesting. When Jason Bourne left he announced it about two weeks prior, in order to go free lance and did occasional pop back when cover was required. Some day we may find out, won't be surprised if we see him set up a podcast of some capacity where more will be revealed perhaps even the handling of Alan Young exit. 

Couldn't stand listening to the commentary when Stringer was doing it. He came across as a smug, arrogant know it all. 

I've never met the bloke and he might be sound as a pound (heard a few things that suggest the opposite though) but the RL commentary is now 100 times better since he's been gone. 

• Like 3

The after match phone in used to be good. I remember Alan young getting a rought time for brown nosing the club.

So we have no phone in.  I like piper but he isnt tough enough on the failings.   Owen never asks a question to address any elephants in the room.  overall rl is too deferential to the club to be objective.

Why not focus on issues... like for like subs, no chances created, mistakes at the back, poor set pieces, players going missing....  I don't just want it to be negative but these questions are in the mind of fans

20 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The after match phone in used to be good. I remember Alan young getting a rought time for brown nosing the club.

So we have no phone in.  I like piper but he isnt tough enough on the failings.   Owen never asks a question to address any elephants in the room.  overall rl is too deferential to the club to be objective.

Why not focus on issues... like for like subs, no chances created, mistakes at the back, poor set pieces, players going missing....  I don't just want it to be negative but these questions are in the mind of fans

They're probably terrified to criticise the club and lose access again. No access and even fewer will tune in.

Shame, the football forum used to be a brilliant listen when I was younger 

• Like 1

Stringer's relationship with Nigel, were always toxic! haven't forgot when Leicester lost to 1-3 to Liverpool after the pearson's outburst with the fan, in the interview was interesting. "I have got to ask, do you expect to stay on".... Stringer... long pause.... "What's it got to do with you"... Pearson wow that was so awkward. After that Pearson band Stringer from any interviews from himself or any of the players. Much different relationship with Claudio, who bless even invited both Stringer and Jase Bourne into his house when he get the sack. 

20 hours ago, Parafox said:

Unlike many of his successors.

Currently Owen Palmer-Atkin. Dull. Monotone and keeps referring to players as "a former foxes academy product". We know. Say something different. Makes Stringer look decent.

Not sure he makes Stringer look decent for the simple reason that half the time I hear him and think "oh is Stringer back?" They're both that indistinct and tedious 

20 hours ago, Parafox said:

Unlike many of his successors.

Currently Owen Palmer-Atkin. Dull. Monotone and keeps referring to players as "a former foxes academy product". We know. Say something different. Makes Stringer look decent.

Plus, I dislike the "in-jokes" between commentator and pundit. I don't care that you had dinner together last week or whatever. We're not part of that. We're part of the interested, enthusiastic followers of the game. Keep your personal friendships personal. Don't broadcast it. We don't need to know.

Oh, and it's not banter. Except for you.

Irritating, but unfortunately the only live radio coverage of  our games. There is no other choice.

I'm gonna get pelters for this post. I just know it.

Owen Palmer-Atkin seems to get more excited by the oppositions goals than Leicester's

10 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Can anyone enlighten me to the music that accompanies the when your smiling pods, thanks in advance 

A track by Gazelle called “Lady Blue Sky”

Edited by niyaminski
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Stringer's relationship with Nigel, were always toxic! haven't forgot when Leicester lost to 1-3 to Liverpool after the pearson's outburst with the fan, in the interview was interesting. "I have got to ask, do you expect to stay on".... Stringer... long pause.... "What's it got to do with you"... Pearson wow that was so awkward. After that Pearson band Stringer from any interviews from himself or any of the players. Much different relationship with Claudio, who bless even invited both Stringer and Jase Bourne into his house when he get the sack. 

I remember when Nigel came back for his second stint and it was being discussed on the Monday night moan in. Stringer said, there's no doubt Nigel is a class act - on the pitch.

It's stuff like that that turned so many people against him. 

Although to be fair I remember Neville Foulger interviewing McGhee after we lost to Everton and Nev said, were you disappointed with the goals conceded today Mark? and McGhee goes, no Neville, I was delighted with them.... 

lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/03/2024 at 20:10, Leicesterpool said:

I’m sure they made up and did an interview together? 

On 13/03/2024 at 20:40, Drew Peacock said:

I’m sure he was the commentator for our recent home game against QPR on ITV’s ‘The Football League Highlights.’
Possibly freelancing.  

He was commentating on the ITV4 EFL highlights show at the weekend - can't remember what game, not ours.

• Like 1