Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

Radio Leicester coverage

5 hours ago, dynamark said:

I can understand dropping the phone in as some of the callers were appalling.

Remember David from Thurnby Ludge who always got on .

Ian its David Im just getting on the bus to Thirnby Lodge Ian I thought the lads did well Ian  (beaten 4 nil) blah blah Ian

.......wasn't there a fella called David from Coalville too ? Heard him on 606 also. Regular caller on both from recollection. 

Edited by STEVIE B

4 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

.......wasn't there a fella called David from Coalville too ? Heard him on 606 also. Regular caller on both from recollection. 

I can’t remember his name for the life of me but he was on every week without fail and he was so off the mark every time it was practically entertainment. He was surely on a wind up. It might have been that bloke from Thurnby Lodge mentioned above but Dave from Coalville rings a bell. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bert said:

The biggest problem is that the lad now fronting the coverage is trying too much to be like Stringer. I kind of get it as he was taken under Stringers wing…. But implement your own style. 

I stopped listening to any of it towards the end of Stringer. Something about him really started to irk me. I’m always put off by the pretty much everything pro-club party line they follow so when I heard Piper finally saying something out of the comfort zone it was refreshing. Dropped back in a bit now and you are right, he has a remarkable likeness to Stringer, whether that be intentional or not. I think he’s alright to be fair. Nice lad by all accounts too. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Ahh thats great!  Break a leg pal.

Cheers - I'm really nervous! What do I really know about football! I can talk science to the media - I know that - but what it comes to football, I just watch the games and moan a lot  :D

Edited by AmyLGK

On 02/11/2022 at 13:19, kingkisnorbo said:

I can’t remember his name for the life of me but he was on every week without fail and he was so off the mark every time it was practically entertainment. He was surely on a wind up. It might have been that bloke from Thurnby Lodge mentioned above but Dave from Coalville rings a bell. 

Definitely from Coalville. Christ he was negative.

On 03/11/2022 at 08:49, AmyLGK said:

Cheers - I'm really nervous! What do I really know about football! I can talk science to the media - I know that - but what it comes to football, I just watch the games and moan a lot  :D

Your nerves weren't justified.

• Thanks 1

On 03/11/2022 at 08:49, AmyLGK said:

So just like the rest of us, but with science  😁

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I agree without caller's on matchdays it's rubbish. They expect you to leave voice messages. At a guess it probably got too toxic, so they stopped taking calls.

Piper talking for a hour then broadcasting the same old Brendan excuses gets a bit much.

Get them to read this!

• Like 4

I get that a phone in gets very samey and boring when things are going well or when we’re in mid table obscurity, however when things are bad like now we need that forum and it would be varied albeit heated at times. I’ve known radio Leicester to stay on air longer because of the volume of calls in the past.

Also I can’t abide the commentary reruns on the game we’ve just watched or listened to, absolute time wasting when fans could be talking. We know you’ve got the technology but can you handle an old fashioned phone in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only time I ever listen to RL is about a 20 min window after the game once returned to the car. The presenter seems to like the sound of his own voice for my liking. You're right, there's a lack of insightful calls but in the past it was more comedy than insight from what I recall. 

I can't work out who listens to the show now with all games being televised. Even if we got relegated to League 2 there's still a stream every week.

Rubbish coverage from BBC Leic, underpinned by poor pundits. Stringer had his faults but this new guy with a double barrel name is also piss poor. 

Did not really hear from Matty Piper before our success,  so he was quick to join the gravy train. His summaries are also full of holes as he also sits on the fence of the time. Waste is space and limited ,.a bit like his football career 

I don’t agree Piper sits on the fence. I think he is careful with what he says but was very vocal about Rodgers at the start of the season and his constant moaning about transfers

Owynn had clearly picked up a style from IS but on the assumption he hasn’t trained as a journalist thats all he could do really. He’s tried to improve the content with analysis sections

id love to hear him probe deeper with Rodgers as he accepts every answer at face value (or answers it in his own questions) but he is likely wary of what happened when IS got boycotted Sonia being careful 

Got to be better than Neville foulger!

Edited by FLAN
About 15 typos!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

Rubbish coverage from BBC Leic, underpinned by poor pundits. Stringer had his faults but this new guy with a double barrel name is also piss poor. 

Did not really hear from Matty Piper before our success,  so he was quick to join the gravy train. His summaries are also full of holes as he also sits on the fence of the time. Waste is space and limited ,.a bit like his football career 

I think you are wrong about the two of them tbh. Matt Piper talks a great deal of sense. He’s very honest and calls out the manager, the players and questions the owner. Owynn has the challenging job of interviewing the manager after a defeat and as Strings discovered with Nige, this is never easy. Step too far and the manager will refuse to speak to them. They are both city fans and are pretty vocal on Twitter too.

8 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

What irks me is when they dig out our goal scoring commentarys from the past against the side we are about to play against, just before kick off. You just know that is going to put the Kibosh on it

You could say that about the pre match video at the KP to be honest.... feels like it's definitely time to retire that!