Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

Radio Leicester coverage

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I doubt he will. His own mental health and the life events he went through clearly impacted his career and I imagine it made it difficult for him to focus resulting in him leaving RL, possibly by mutual consent.

LEICESTER SPORTS COMMENTATOR SHARES SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AHEAD OF PREVENTION DAY – Pukaar News • Leicester based news agency

They will have played a part; but what I've heard his behaviour at work was a bigger factor. 

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Go on

I don't think it's appropriate for someone to reveal this on a public forum, especially with club staff very likely to read this forum.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Apparently Pearson wanted Stringer banned from interviewing him, and there were some internal club concerns over their working relationship.

...well documented regarding Stringer's relationship with Pearson!!!

Apparently, the "throat slash" action brought about a boycott by the players and Pearson which lasted a few years. They have made peace since and Stringer interviewed him not so long ago.

On 04/11/2023 at 22:06, fox in the sox said:

I can’t see how they can replace him with Emily Herbert. Good luck to her and she may have a good broadcasting career but at the moment she is not at the level you would expect from BBC local radio.

Adam Whitty is doing the coms now

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mark said:

What's going on with this lately? Have always listened to this on the way home after matches but it appears to have turned into the rugby show. Is the football playing second fiddle to rugby now since relegation?

As I said earlier in the thread, it is now a joint programme for football and rugby when both are playing at the same time - so after match will cover both.

On 04/11/2023 at 22:06, fox in the sox said:

I can’t see how they can replace him with Emily Herbert. Good luck to her and she may have a good broadcasting career but at the moment she is not at the level you would expect from BBC local radio.

Just stumbled across this thread but have to agree - good luck to any women in broadcasting but Emily lacks the football/Leicester knowledge to make the show worth tuning into when she’s on there… Owynn and Pipes are certainly worth the listen imo

• Like 1