Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tylesta

Tete

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's an obvious yes but I don't believe this is feasible. It certainly wasn't last summer as Tete has been quite clear he wanted to join Lyon again.

Possible reason, however still unlikely...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this would be awesome,  but I  cannot see it happening, with Rodgers at the helm!!!

Knudsen may be able to convince him to see the balance of the team will be improved by bringing in this one player. We still need one out to bring one in, we need to get him in.

lol Set piece coach now calling the shots 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

lol Set piece coach now calling the shots 

..not calling the shots, as you can see from reports, he is not just confined to set piece strategies!!!

Very much part of the team which Rodgers seems to be relying on. Any information imparted will be a possible action to be considered, only a fool would ignore another opinion, Rodgers does not however have to take up the suggestions. 

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

..not calling the shots, as you can see from reports, he is not just confined to set piece strategies!!!

Very much part of the team which Rodgers seems to be relying on. Any information imparted will be a possible action to be considered, only a fool would ignore another opinion, Rodgers does not however have to take up the suggestions. 

He’s a defensive coach.  

He will have very, very little input into transfers and recruitment. In same way, Kolo Toure doesn’t get a say

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

He’s a defensive coach.  

He will have very, very little input into transfers and recruitment. In same way, Kolo Toure doesn’t get a say

...are you implying that a manager does not sit down with his team and take an overall look of what is required and illicit opinions on the matter!!!

Coaches may not be directly involved in the end game, but there would have been discussions on what the team needs.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...are you implying that a manager does not sit down with his team and take an overall look of what is required and illicit opinions on the matter!!!

Coaches may not be directly involved in the end game, but there would have been discussions on what the team needs.

Of course. I have misread your post - but I don't see a defensive coach advising the manager that we need a winger. Knudsen is clearly good at what he does but his CV/reputation isn't any further on than any other coach we have involved with the first team that means his opinion is considering more worthy than anyone else. 

In terms of where Knudsen sits in the clubs hierarchy, they feel its perfectly fine that in two weeks he goes to Qatar with the US National Team and isn't at LCFCs training ground during the mini-break. You know in the lead-up to the January transfer window. 

Edited by CosbehFox

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Any coach who says “you know what boss, could do with a right winger couldn’t we” is hardly going to win brain of the year.

Rodgers will be sitting down with the recruitment/scouting team. I doubt he has anything in-depth with most of his coaching staff about that area

I'm still intrigued as to who he met with in London before he went to Lyon. 

Could easily have been any one of the teams mentioned above.

I thought he was destined for Spurs as the meeting at the time was right next to their training ground (a very random location)

His numbers really stood out at Shakhtar and he carried on putting them up in France, we've needed a RW for years and if he's interested in coming we'd be idiots (lol) not to sign him. 

Also frees up Barnes and Maddison, for however long, and helps replace some of his creativity when he eventually does.

Finances surely can't be an issue when we have so much deadwood with 7 months left on their contracts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I'm still intrigued as to who he met with in London before he went to Lyon. 

Could easily have been any one of the teams mentioned above.

I thought he was destined for Spurs as the meeting at the time was right next to their training ground (a very random location)

LCFC

• Haha 1

On 04/11/2022 at 12:47, Ric Flair said:

Didn't realise Blanc had gone there!! Missed that completely. Tete has been our number one target from what I gather, if there is even a small chance its back as a possibility then we have to be the one to get him.

He is the most complete player for that position that I've seen that we could realistically attract and he's Brazilian!!!!

Seeing Ric genuinely hyped on this forum is one of the best parts of Foxes Talk :D :scarf:!

If he signs I fully expect Ric to personally lead the chants for him on his debut!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Another ezoya zerep avoid

....this one is actually a winger, he will balance this team and makes us better!!!

It will mean a shake-up in the formation, we will have to go with Maddison coming inside and a pivot where Soumare and Tielemans run the midfield. You can tell that Rodgers does not fancy KDH, and if he gets the opportunity to drop him to the bench he will.

21 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....this one is actually a winger, he will balance this team and makes us better!!!

It will mean a shake-up in the formation, we will have to go with Maddison coming inside and a pivot where Soumare and Tielemans run the midfield. You can tell that Rodgers does not fancy KDH, and if he gets the opportunity to drop him to the bench he will.

I am not sure I can agree with you about Rodgers not fancying KDH, but I do think his ideal formation is a 4-1-4-1, which doesn't really fit KDH, although he could probably do the job as the 8 if needed.

But he wants a RW, and if we shift a few people in the window, he might get one in January.