Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan

Anyone that believes Spain throughout that game orchestrated that result are insane… if Costa Rica won, which was happening at one point, they would have gone. No Spain had to get a result, couldn’t and they are fortunate Costa Rica didn’t hold out. If people think that is silly they haven’t watched much football 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

16 groups of 3 will be fvcking shit.

This is so true, sadly.  The typical group will have one team ranked between 1 and 16, another between maybe 17 and 39, and another ranked anywhere from the 40s into the 70s.  Only the minnows will be eliminated from making … the round of 32 :nono:

Most of the top national sides will treat one Group match like an early round Cup tie. *

Meaningful, competitive Group matches like we’ve enjoyed today?  They will be the rare exception. 

*  that said, Southgate still won't play Madders, even against Sao Tome and Principe.

3 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Spain manage to beat Japan - they're incredible, one of the favourites to win.

Spain **** up their chance to beat Japan - They're incredible, what a genius plan, one of the favourites to win.

That's not what I said. But if I was Spain's manager, I'd want to avoid Croatia and Brazil in that side of the draw. This result achieves just that. Intentional or not, this will ironically increase Spain's chance of winning.

• Thanks 1

Just now, shen said:

That's not what I said. But if I was Spain's manager, I'd want to avoid Croatia and Brazil in that side of the draw. This result achieves just that. Intentional or not, this will ironically increase Spain's chance of winning.

You cannot control a result when relying on another match, I’m sorry I’m having none of it 

• Like 1

I love the idea that Spain orchestrated this result to finish 2nd, I suppose because people think they'd rather go to our side of the draw - but I bet these same people think we're utter crap because we drew with the USA and only beat little old Wales and Iran, and there's no way we would beat Spain or France? The logic some people use is astounding

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

You cannot control a result when relying on another match, I’m sorry I’m having none of it 

"Intentional or not" - fact is this result will have given Spain an - on paper for what it's worth - easier route to the semifinal.

ITV.

:plancque:

McCoist apart, the people they put on telly are just awful.

No one in the UK, apart from that bloke in here who is his mate and got the hump when we slagged him off previously, wants to hear from Peter Walton.

Their panel are going nuts and hinting at conspiracies.

And they have a curse over England games, too.

Damn them. Damn them all to hell.

• Like 3