Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan

25 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Germany out in the groups two tournaments in a row

Don’t think we’ve ever been that bad

We failed to qualify for 2 tournaments in a row 1974 & 1978.....and Scotland qualified for both. That was quite bad, to be fair..... :D

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Blokes an idiot, if there’s a gap of less than 3” at the bottom of the ball to the line, it’s not crossed the line. It’s not that hard to understand

This is the same bloke that was still saying it was spurs’ league to lose back when they got served by Chelsea. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shen said:

For sure. I will concede that this World Cup has made a mockery of favourites and seedings. 

I was just making the point that on paper this result is not one that we can read much into at this point. 

Much like Argentina's defeat to the Saudis.

If Spain get dumped out by Morocco, then fair play. I would still fancy Spain higher here than against Croatia.

Fair enough. They do, on paper, have an easier route to get further in the tournament on this side of the table.

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Soain manufactured that.

You Would rather lose and play Morocco than Croatia.

Hope Morocco crush them.

I was wondering about that.  Didn’t see the game as it happened in the middle of the night here, but my immediate thought was that Spain tanked to draw Morocco in the next round.  Still, they did have over 80% of the ball and massively outshot Japan, so that suggests otherwise.

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Soain manufactured that.

You Would rather lose and play Morocco than Croatia.

Hope Morocco crush them.

There's a rumour going round that they even mind controlled the Japanese goalkeeper to keep saving it!

Edited by TJQuik
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Does anyone know what the German is for schadenfreude? It's for an email for Antonio Rüdiger

All nouns in German begin with a capital letter. I'm sure this minor correction won't upset you one iota, so I won't be directing any Schadenfreude your way.

However I am feeling ärgert and traurig about a goal where the part of the ball which was touching the ground was clearly out of play and should never have been allowed to continue in play. Mein Gott!!!