Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr Weller 2

The England haters

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

2004 was great, maintain we win that tourney if Rooney didn't get himself injured

Tbf there’s probably been a lot of decent ones. I just disconnected for some unknown reason. I still want us to win, but for some reason I can’t care as much as I used to about it. Don’t even know why. I’d certainly never be an England “hater” but it’s just always boring? And I used to love it. So much. As much as watching Leicester. 

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I've recently went and bought a cheap little blue notepad from WH Smith and started making a list of all users who have said they have no interest in international football and will not be watching any minute of the world Cup. I will be on you like a rash in a place where you would least like a rash when you start sticking your nose in the world cup forum. 

Get a life !!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Tbf there’s probably been a lot of decent ones. I just disconnected for some unknown reason. I still want us to win, but for some reason I can’t care as much as I used to about it. Don’t even know why. I’d certainly never be an England “hater” but it’s just always boring? And I used to love it. So much. As much as watching Leicester. 

Oh yeah, when we were a bit shit to a seemingly perennial extent and England represented the best chance of one of my teams winning something I definitely hung my hat on them a lot more, think the last time I was proper invested was about 2012. Loved the wave of 2018 and last year but I was over each defeat in a few hours. 

Despite seeming like a brilliant bloke I don't rate Southgate as a manager, but he has at least brought back a bit of a club culture to the international set up which was never really there under Sven, Capello or Hodgson. 

• Like 1

I support England, so I'm certainly no hater, but I find it hard to get interested, let alone excited by them.  

I do feel some resentment to pointless international weekends ruining the PL schedule and those blank weekends are very boring, football wise.

It wasn't always this way, I used to care, an England game used to be a big event.  Perhaps it is just me getting old, but that hasn't affected my enthusiasm for LCFC.  Perhaps it the cautious nature of international football that I find boring, or perhaps it is those times when England has got to the latter stages and then played so insipidly it almost looks as though they don't care either.  Perhaps it is players that devalue international football by prioritising their clubs, only turning up for important games and retiring to prolong their domestic careers.  That never used to happen.

I dunno, but I do think that this WC will be the flattest ever.  Almost no one seems to be talking about it,.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Oh yeah, when we were a bit shit to a seemingly perennial extent and England represented the best chance of one of my teams winning something I definitely hung my hat on them a lot more, think the last time I was proper invested was about 2012. Loved the wave of 2018 and last year but I was over each defeat in a few hours. 

Despite seeming like a brilliant bloke I don't rate Southgate as a manager, but he has at least brought back a bit of a club culture to the international set up which was never really there under Sven, Capello or Hodgson. 

Yeah I actually like Southgate as a person (as much as you can like anyone you don’t actually know) but the team is so boring. It’s just. I think it’s depressing that all the big 6 squad players get in and people like Toney, etc miss out. Although it goes back further than Southgate. After we won the league, not even Vardy got regular game time. I remember thinking at the time, this is literally the biggest upset in the history of sport. These players have achieved something truly magnificent. In my opinion Vardy, Albrighton, Simpson and Drinkwater should all have gone to that tournament. It’s a joke really. 

Tbh I find it difficult to watch England some games are like pulling teeth. Imo we haven’t had a manager in charge that you can get behind since venables also the let downs over the years doesn’t help. With some of the squad we’ve had over the years it still amazes me how we haven’t won anything since 66.

• Like 2

Several reasons why, this World Cup alone is enough reason to feel disappointed that a national side is being sent. International football is boring. Growing up Leicester would never have had players deemed good enough, therefore I was never really interested in watching. I don’t like the borderline nationalism that seems to enter many during a period of a national tournament. Go into many pubs, and the excessive drinking and drug taking is sad, ruins the occasion for many. 

• Like 1

Crap manager. Crap style of football. Shite media. Little improves from tournament to tournament. I want us to do well but I’m not putting myself pain and disappointment of watching us. Give me a good team playing good football and I’ll watch us again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, murphy said:

I support England, so I'm certainly no hater, but I find it hard to get interested, let alone excited by them.  

I do feel some resentment to pointless international weekends ruining the PL schedule and those blank weekends are very boring, football wise.

It wasn't always this way, I used to care, an England game used to be a big event.  Perhaps it is just me getting old, but that hasn't affected my enthusiasm for LCFC.  Perhaps it the cautious nature of international football that I find boring, or perhaps it is those times when England has got to the latter stages and then played so insipidly it almost looks as though they don't care either.  Perhaps it is players that devalue international football by prioritising their clubs, only turning up for important games and retiring to prolong their domestic careers.  That never used to happen.

I dunno, but I do think that this WC will be the flattest ever.  Almost no one seems to be talking about it,.

Summed up perfectly. I've not always felt such apathy.

I remember being devastated in 98/2004/2006. I was in town and gutted watching us lose to Croatia and fail to qualify for Euro 2008. 

Since then I just don't really care.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I've recently went and bought a cheap little blue notepad from WH Smith and started making a list of all users who have said they have no interest in international football and will not be watching any minute of the world Cup. I will be on you like a rash in a place where you would least like a rash when you start sticking your nose in the world cup forum. 

There's nothing cheap in WH Smith.

• Haha 2

No one hates England.

You’re creating an enemy that doesn’t exist.

Some people hate joyless football without end.

It just so happens that England is the prime suppler of joyless football without end.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m usually pretty ambivalent up until the tournaments themselves, then tend to get quite sucked in especially when we’re doing well. 
It will just be hard to get the same feeling with England that I have with LCFC. As in, I’d rather win a league cup than England win a World Cup. Not sure how that can change as my mindset is pretty engrained.