Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Azzedine Ounahi

Personally not too fussed if we miss out on him - especially with the £20m+ fee

He certainly seems to have something about him, very good at progressing the ball up the pitch and creating shooting actions

But his lack of actual numbers put me off slightly when you consider we will be losing 10+ goal contributions a season when Tielemans goes

Much prefer us to go for someone like Kokcu who we have been linked with before, Baumgartner from Hoffenheim, Frattesi from Sassuolo, Koopmeiners from Atalanta

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

As much as we need a new CM or two in the summer, is it really a priority for January?

Unless Top has given the money tree a shake and we’re going gung ho but I doubt that. 

I totally get what you're saying but sometimes it's about getting in a good player when he becomes available. It might be that it's not in a position that is urgent but I guess if there's a guy you really want and he becomes attainable then you have to make a move. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I totally get what you're saying but sometimes it's about getting in a good player when he becomes available. It might be that it's not in a position that is urgent but I guess if there's a guy you really want and he becomes attainable then you have to make a move. 

That’s got to be what it is. We really want him and don’t want to risk waiting and someone else snapping him up. 

Feels a bit Soumare though, pretty sure we did that with him then struggled to sell people meaning we didn’t get the RW we needed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ginger_Filbert said:

That’s got to be what it is. We really want him and don’t want to risk waiting and someone else snapping him up. 

Feels a bit Soumare though, pretty sure we did that with him then struggled to sell people meaning we didn’t get the RW we needed

Yeah, that's a really good point. The whole RW thing is ridiculous really.

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Is Youri potentially going then? Perhaps this is why we’re getting him in now? 

This was my thoughts. Especially when Rodgers has stated we are after a LB and RW, seems strange to them go for a CM unless one of Madders/ Youri are off in Jan..?! 

Understand the point about a player being available and too good an opportunity to miss. But our squad is ridiculously unbalanced as it is, a RW surely has to be a priority, and this signing would wipe out a significant portion of available funds this Jan one would assume! 

I don’t really see him as a Youri replacement, they’re very different players. I’d probably argue that he’s closer to Maddison in style and position. Usually plays further forward or on the wing and is a very good dribbler. Doesn’t have anywhere near the passing range of Tielemans. 

If Maddison/Tielemans leave we have no one to make those meaningful passes to break through teams, we have to get a replacement in else we've got nothing. He looked good in the world cup but a little lightweight and hasn't shone for Angers, but neither did Mahrez when we signed him and they seem to have a similar style of play.