Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Azzedine Ounahi

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

We have to be preparing for either Tielemans or madders leaving.  I don’t see that we’d invest this kind of  money without something coming in

Didn't spend too much of the Fofana money I guess in the summer.  Surely we will get very little for Tielemans now...

Thing is, people were annoyed that we did not maximise the value of players when they are peak or close to peak value, therefore, should we not sell Maddison now? Or latest in the Summer? This is of course fraught with risk, as we need to mitigate the loss of his contributions.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope he's not a Maddison replacement, I swear some don't comprehend the importance of goals in football. Maddison brings 15-20 goal contributions a season in the league, without that we'd be relegated.

I don't think we're going to get someone as good as Maddison to replace him though, sadly. I do agree with you though

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

We have to be preparing for either Tielemans or madders leaving.  I don’t see that we’d invest this kind of  money without something coming in

It's as much about wage bill, which will be 500k less in 6 months.

Summer also see a drop of amortisation of transfers fees in the accounts as player contacts expire.

For example 10m each season is accounted on the balance sheet for Youri transfer fee (40m ÷ 4 year contract =10m).

Financial we are in a much better place in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope he's not a Maddison replacement, I swear some don't comprehend the importance of goals in football. Maddison brings 15-20 goal contributions a season in the league, without that we'd be relegated.

I think that comprehension is exactly why it should be considered, as you cannot have one player being relied upon so heavily, you have to be able to shift the responsibility to multiple players. To get them you need cash, to get cash you sell what has value. 

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thing is, people were annoyed that we did not maximise the value of players when they are peak or close to peak value, therefore, should we not sell Maddison now? Or latest in the Summer? This is of course fraught with risk, as we need to mitigate the loss of his contributions.

I would agree if we were selling to the likes of chelsea or manchester united but newcastle under their new ownership seem like massive penny pinchers, doubt that we would be able to get a good price out of them

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We may not be directly replacing him like for like - he doesn’t suit a 4-3-3.  Planning for life without a no 10 

Agreed hence why I think we will bring in a genuine right winger too, as we will need to make sure we replace the goal involvements of both Madders and Tielemans next season. 

Just now, honeybradger said:

I would agree if we were selling to the likes of chelsea or manchester united but newcastle under their new ownership seem like massive penny pinchers, doubt that we would be able to get a good price out of them

Probably have to wait for Summer when they are in Europe and have more cash

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If he doesn't sign an extension he has to go in my opinion.  We'll still have the same problem when he leaves the following summer, but without any cash from his sale.  Let's not repeat the mistakes of last summer.  

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Probably have to wait for Summer when they are in Europe and have more cash

I just remember over the summer the narrative coming out of Newcastle's club mouthpieces was that we were a difficult club to deal with and looking for unreasonable sums of money when we turned down their bids of 40-50m. I get the feeling they will try to hardball us no matter the circumstances

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

I just remember over the summer the narrative coming out of Newcastle's club mouthpieces was that we were a difficult club to deal with and looking for unreasonable sums of money when we turned down their bids of 40-50m. I get the feeling they will try to hardball us no matter the circumstances

Fair point, then we would need to expand the market

• Like 1

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

You'd like to think there are more clubs than just Newcastle in for him.  He's been outstanding recently.  In which case if they don't like the price they can bugger right off.  

10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Never like the idea of buying a player based on a World Cup. His stats don’t fill me with confidence either. 

big article in the Merc a week ago explaining how we’ve been tracking him since way before the World Cup..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Is Youri potentially going then? Perhaps this is why we’re getting him in now? 

Newcastle have been linked with Tielemans and they'll want to do some business in January to solidify their push for Champions League.

If we could get £10m for Tielemans then it's good business for all concerned.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I clearly remember Rob Tanner mentioning that City found Newcastle's approach unwelcome and the offer borderline insulting. So they've made their own negotiations harder than they should be.   pissing off a party is not good start point for negotiating. 

On the flipside, reading between the lines, City have always managed to deal amicably and professionally with both Chelsea and Man Utd for transfers. So, it seems Newcastle have lots to learn

• Like 2