Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Azzedine Ounahi

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I can think of 3:

Newcastle: Isak £63m

Everton: Sigurdsson £50m

West Ham: Haller £45m

Spurs bonus, as they shouldn't ever be considered in the Top of anything:

Romero £45m

Richarlison £52m

Ndombele £54m

if all criteria is met Morgan Gibbs white will be £45m admittedly that is if they get In the europa league!

On 17/12/2022 at 08:16, Mint23 said:

People talk about £45m like it’s pocket change.  Outside of the big 6 how many players have ever in the history of football been bought for that kind of price in England?  I’m thinking not many which makes him way too expensive and far too much of a gamble when we didn’t have a pot to wee in during the summer. 

Nunes 

Tielmans

Sigurdsson

Obviously a mark-up given his performances in the world cup, but I'd imagine we have had an eye on him for a while. From what it looks like, we're planning for Youri to leave on a free in the summer, so paying over market value for someone who seemingly fits the profile in January (already an inflated window) so that he has 6 months to settle in makes sense, irony aside.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11562877/Leicester-interested-39m-man-Azzedine-Ounahi-helping-Morocco-make-history-Qatar.html

Leicester are interested in '£39m-man Azzedine Ounahi' after helping Morocco become the first African side to reach the World Cup semi-finals... with the Foxes also looking at a loan for Atalanta's Jeremie Boga despite tight budget

44 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11562877/Leicester-interested-39m-man-Azzedine-Ounahi-helping-Morocco-make-history-Qatar.html

Leicester are interested in '£39m-man Azzedine Ounahi' after helping Morocco become the first African side to reach the World Cup semi-finals... with the Foxes also looking at a loan for Atalanta's Jeremie Boga despite tight budget

....his vision and creativity are not what they should be, has a tendency to run into blind alleys, and his dribbling skills I suspect he sees as his USP!!!

He needs to be looking to link up better and see the opportunities, not expecting to be a like-for-like for Tielemans, but he needs to demonstrate better vision and awareness..

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Who are these people?

Who cares.

They're randoms on Twitter so should be 100% believed whoever they are.

On a separate note and I am completely NITK but I 99.9% predict that we won't be signing this guy, like 99.8% of all the players we get linked with on the Transfer Forum, every window. 

Edited by Brizzle Fox
Awful use of the English language
  • Like 1

I really really like Ounahi, what a difference the world cup makes though. If we wanted him before December, we could have got him for 4.5 million. Now being charged 10x that. Tbh i wouldn't be against paying that because he's actually been really good even excluding the world cup

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

I really really like Ounahi, what a difference the world cup makes though. If we wanted him before December, we could have got him for 4.5 million. Now being charged 10x that. Tbh i wouldn't be against paying that because he's actually been really good even excluding the world cup

Exactly. Under the radar, we could've got him for sub £10m but after a stonking World Cup, there's absolutely no way we'd get him for that price.

I'd like him here as well. I think goals and assist stats are a bit overrated for his position and style of play. Of course, all attack-minded and even box-to-box midfielders will want to improve those stats, but the player I see allows others to flourish by breaking lines, opening up the play, winning tackles, winning fouls, and making 'pre-assists'. He looks a fabulous player.

I do think we have other priorities to focus on first, but if there's a chance we can do a deal in Jan then I think we should do it, even if it means paying slightly over the odds. His next move could easily be to a Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona, etc.

Having said that, the option to join a very exciting Napoli side will probably be his first choice right now, unless we can get in his agent's ear. And, as previously said, buying after a World Cup could result in getting properly fleeced. It's a fine line to tread.

• Like 1

Not read any of the thread (will get around to it) so apologies if this is repeated, but just reading the mercury q&a and everyone agreeing he is too expensive for us at that price...

But does anyone think it might be possible that we could cash in on tielemans for say £20m in Jan if it gives us the chance to increase our spend on his replacement?

I know we are reading that we haven't given up on him signing a new contract, but come on, it's certainly time to give up on that one now?