Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Azzedine Ounahi

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Distinct lack of goals and assists in his career to date but he has looked excellent this World Cup. Lee Fee has way better stats than him both creatively and defensively so I know who I'd be looking at, likewise Kokcu.

Sorry Ric, I’m sure you’re right on the numbers but sometimes when you watch a player you just know. This lads a belter. 

All pointless anyway as like I said earlier he’ll have the pick of Europe in January even if our interest is actually genuine.

If we have made a bid, I very much doubt it’s based on just his 7 appearances in these World Cup finals, he plays for Angers and France is a league where we do a lot of scouting, so highly likely a player we will have been monitoring for a period of time, his performances in the World Cup may well have contributed to the club deciding now is the time to make a bid. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Distinct lack of goals and assists in his career to date but he has looked excellent this World Cup. Lee Fee has way better stats than him both creatively and defensively so I know who I'd be looking at, likewise Kokcu.

Veerman over Kokcu imo

Having looked at him he comes across as being a bit of hybrid of Youri and Riyad Mahrez. I like him but would be a little bit concerned about his physicality. Clever on the ball and has tenacity with a creative spark and pace

30 million maximum but would take a punt based on what I've seen. Would be a positive replacement for YT.

Edited by wokinghamfox

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

piss poor of everyone in this topic to have failed to put up the obligatory you tube video...

This one is from BEFORE the WC...

That sums him up pretty well. Lots of quick feet, very little end product. You can see him doing everything naturally until it comes to pass or shoot and then there's a split second of thinking time which is what will split him from a danger at the top level.

Shame he's going to be priced out of a move to a championship club where he'd be well paid and have a change to adapt to having less time and space.

Why any club would pay £40-45 million for that I have no idea. 

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/leicester-city-azzedine-ounahi-morocco-7931876

Leicester City will not repeat Claudio Ranieri transfer mistake with record bid
Latest Leicester City news from LeicestershireLive explains why the signing of Azzedine Ounahi would not repeat Claudio Ranieri's mistake

SPORT
ByLuke PawleyMidlands Football Writer
21:15, 14 DEC 2022

Leicester City will have learned from a past mistake if they do persist with a rumoured £39 million bid for Morocco midfielder Azzedine Ounahi.

Ounahi has created a lot of hype with his impressive performances for Morocco, helping his side to the semi-finals, beating Belgium, Spain and Portugal along the way. But one good tournament does not necessarily make a good, well-rounded, adaptable player and person.

If City do sign the 22-year-old, he will have been scouted for at least two years by a number of different scouts, both on video and in person. City have historically scouted France well - just ask Riyad Mahrez and N'Golo Kante - so will have watched him regularly for Angers.

He played 32 league games last season and has already appearanced in 14 this, so there have been plenty of opportunities to watch the youngster in action. They will most certainly not be signing a player off the back of one tournament.

City learned that lesson the hard way when they signed Bartosz Kapustka in 2016 after the Polish winger, then just 19 years old, stole the show at Euro 2016. Leicester signed him after that tournament for £7.5m from KS Cracovia, on the insistence of Claudio Ranieri.

It was a move that went entirely against the ethos of the scouting and recruitment departments. It was reported at the time that City never sent a scout to watch him live.

That soon became apparent. Kapustka made just three competitive appearances for Leicester, all of them in the 2016-17 FA Cup.

He soon went out on loan to Freiburg and Leuven and left on a free transfer in the summer of 2020. He joined Legia Warsaw back in his homeland and has scored just one in 16 appearances this season.

If Azzedine Ounahi joins Leicester City, rest assured he will not be another Bartosz Kapustka. Khun Top, Jon Rudkin, Martyn Glover and Brendan Rodgers would not allow that to happen.

11 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Sorry Ric, I’m sure you’re right on the numbers but sometimes when you watch a player you just know. This lads a belter. 

All pointless anyway as like I said earlier he’ll have the pick of Europe in January even if our interest is actually genuine.

I dont dispute he looks quality, but I worry that we are on the verge of losing our two most creative players in Tielemans and Maddison and that's a lot of goals and assists to replace.

Do not underestimate that. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

GET OUT, GO ON 😂😂

Veerman’s better suited to what we need as deeper CM. Kokcu is the sort of player that might not adapt from the Eredivisie well because how dribble-heavy his style of play is.

Veerman’s a more efficient player and is better defensively and physically. His striking technique is nuts too, so much power from almost no backlift.

38 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Veerman’s better suited to what we need as deeper CM. Kokcu is the sort of player that might not adapt from the Eredivisie well because how dribble-heavy his style of play is.

Veerman’s a more efficient player and is better defensively and physically. His striking technique is nuts too, so much power from almost no backlift.

Kokcu is tailor made for the PL IMO, his game mirrors Tielemans but with more ability to run with the ball. I understand that he might not be able to progress with the ball as much at a higher level but his passing stats and the sheer experience he has racked up at such a young age like Tielemans makes it seem so logical.

He's been the standout Tielemans replacement for 2 years until Enzo Le Fee kicked on this season, his stats are absolutely obscene in almost every area of a midfielder from defensive, passing, creativity, etc. 

Funnily enough I had concerns Veerman would step up at PSV but he has done and that PSV side is very enjoyable to watch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I suspect we're being used by his people and angers to set a base on his value. i also suspect that we don't mind doing 'favours' like this as we likely use it to our advantage at some point in the future. 

Agree. It's good business practice to throw some agents (and media) a bone from time to time.