Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Apprentice 2023

5 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I'm looking forward to the Brighton task 

The people they will be dealing with will be about as stuck up as they are!

My favourite kind of task next week. There's always one item which is misconstrued to be something else, totally not what is required lol

• Like 1

Much as I enjoy the show - that sacking last night was one of the more obvious ones where you know Sugar has seen the business plans before and it makes the whole thing redundant. Not a chance Greg should have gone, should've been the twat that gave the characters no hands or feet, then the poppy eyed jock.

• Like 4

Mad how certain shows just fall off a cliff over the years.

10 years or so ago this was one of the most watched and anticipated shows on the box, now it barely registers on the radar.

A bit like big brother I guess, as soon as social media became a thing its like they focused more on people who craved fame rather than the normal 9-5 adult.

Best apprentice I can remember was the eventual winner (I think) doing some sort of dinosaur impression in the final interview section with Claude i think?  lol 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2023 at 18:09, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Much as I enjoy the show - that sacking last night was one of the more obvious ones where you know Sugar has seen the business plans before and it makes the whole thing redundant. Not a chance Greg should have gone, should've been the twat that gave the characters no hands or feet, then the poppy eyed jock.

They shouldn't have to put their business ideas in until after they've won, make it a real "realist show". To see Alan sugars face when he's just put £250k into a wool dildo factory, would be worth watching the pompous tw@ts for 2 months. 

The fact he gets the business plans before it starts, makes the whole process pointless. 

8 hours ago, browniefox said:

They shouldn't have to put their business ideas in until after they've won, make it a real "realist show". To see Alan sugars face when he's just put £250k into a wool dildo factory, would be worth watching the pompous tw@ts for 2 months. 

The fact he gets the business plans before it starts, makes the whole process pointless. 

Let’s hope they’re not dry clean only 

On 21/01/2023 at 23:28, browniefox said:

Yeah, it stopped making sense when it moved to investing in a business plan. If you're looking for an employee you need someone creative, credible, adaptable who can work as part of, as well as leading a team.

For a business partner you just need someone with an idea and commitment. 

I wish they had revamped the show to make it about their business plans. They reveal their business plan at the start then each week the PM is picked to do something related to their business plan. 

• Like 2

I can't watch it anymore. It's a parody of itself. There's no suspense, no guile, no expectation of any real inspiration from the contestants. 

It's as if they only want to be there for their 5 minutes of fame.

Roll on next week.