Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Fox Covert

Andrew Bridgen

I generally can't conceal my disgust and contempt for Tories but I shall bide my tongue (fingertips) a bit to see what happens with this thread.

Andrew Bridgen is already serving a short suspension from the House of Commons for breaches of lobbying rules including allegedly accepting bungs in return for lobbying ministers and government officials and failure to declare a personal interest.

He has now been suspended from the Tory party for comparing the roll-out of the Covid vaccines to the Holocaust. This is after he had previously declared he had received the two initial vaccinations and the booster jabs.

There is a flip side, because he has previously championed the cause of sub-postmasters who have been unfairly convicted for theft of Post Office funds, after a lengthy campaign it has been revealed that the vast majority are innocent and the scandal was caused by the Post Offices own faulty software. It is a bit like finding a diamond in the middle of a turd, because he was one of the few politicians who kept pushing this until finally the courts started finding in favour of postmasters who had been wrongly convicted. Successive governments since 2011 continually dragged their feet and only agreed to allow an official enquiry into this scandal last year.

• Like 2

The guy is incapable of doing the job that he's elected to perform. 

I cannot believe he doesn't cross some sort of minimal standards threshold and isn't booted out of government. 

He's a conspiracy theorist who wouldn't look out of place fanning down Trump 

• Like 1

He's been accused of making the holocaust comment but what I read was that he was repeating the words said to him by a cardiologist. 

And that's me sticking up for a Tory! What grinds my gears is the sensationalist headlines that take everything out of context for clickbait. Drives me nuts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

He's been accused of making the holocaust comment but what I read was that he was repeating the words said to him by a cardiologist. 

And that's me sticking up for a Tory! What grinds my gears is the sensationalist headlines that take everything out of context for clickbait. Drives me nuts.

Even if true and he was told that by a cardiologist (debatable), Surely he should no better than to repeat it in public. 

It's a huge error of judgement.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

Come off it, there's no difference in the context of him publishing it as a tweet on his own page. He knew exactly what he was doing.

And that's before we consider that it's almost certainly an imaginary quote from an imaginary cardiologist. 

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

politicians suddenly care about sensationalist headlines when it affects them negatively

13 minutes ago, Nick said:

Yea but he's an odious creep, have you seen the way he votes on key topics. 

A raging gammon of the highest order. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like to think I'm nonpartisan when it comes to politics and political parties so not defending him but I'm convinced there's dubious characters in all political parties, you're only bad if you're caught.

He doesn't believe what he's saying. All he's doing is auditioning for a job at GBNews if/when he gets kicked out of parliament for his various breaches of standards.

Leicestershire deserves better. We've had rotten luck with MPs. Vaz, Webbe and this fool. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Fox Covert said:

I generally can't conceal my disgust and contempt for Tories but I shall bide my tongue (fingertips) a bit to see what happens with this thread.

Andrew Bridgen is already serving a short suspension from the House of Commons for breaches of lobbying rules including allegedly accepting bungs in return for lobbying ministers and government officials and failure to declare a personal interest.

He has now been suspended from the Tory party for comparing the roll-out of the Covid vaccines to the Holocaust. This is after he had previously declared he had received the two initial vaccinations and the booster jabs.

There is a flip side, because he has previously championed the cause of sub-postmasters who have been unfairly convicted for theft of Post Office funds, after a lengthy campaign it has been revealed that the vast majority are innocent and the scandal was caused by the Post Offices own faulty software. It is a bit like finding a diamond in the middle of a turd, because he was one of the few politicians who kept pushing this until finally the courts started finding in favour of postmasters who had been wrongly convicted. Successive governments since 2011 continually dragged their feet and only agreed to allow an official enquiry into this scandal last year.

Sadly one of the few who actually bothered to look at the claims. The Government's handling of the Post Office scandal sums the Tories up nothing to do with them yet they are the only Shareholder no real interest from hmg to resolve it either

• Like 1

Amazed how cretins like Bridgen ever make it to be an MP in the first place. Thought most of his pro-Brexit nonsense was bad enough. The Tories seem full of these half baked nonentities these days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Amazed how cretins like Bridgen ever make it to be an MP in the first place. Thought most of his pro-Brexit nonsense was bad enough. The Tories seem full of these half baked nonentities these days. 

Their local parties are full of absolute wrong uns and crackpots and the main central party does little to vet them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dames said:

He doesn't believe what he's saying. All he's doing is auditioning for a job at GBNews if/when he gets kicked out of parliament for his various breaches of standards.

Leicestershire deserves better. We've had rotten luck with MPs. Vaz, Webbe and this fool. 

In Somerset we have Rees-Mogg and Warburton. 

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I like to think I'm nonpartisan when it comes to politics and political parties so not defending him but I'm convinced there's dubious characters in all political parties, you're only bad if you're caught.

Getting caught is easy for a dick like Bridgen who is so arrogant he thinks he can say what he actually thinks and suffer no consequences. Thick as pig sh1t IMO

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Yep this is it. I believe he’s going to step down and he’s thinking of his next payday. He’ll be being paid hundreds of thousands by somebody to be saying this sort of nonsense, based on how he’s recycling the same old anti-vax tropes. 

Edited by Lionator

4 hours ago, Coalman said:

Mr Bridgen spoke in the Houses of Parliament, in front of a handful of MP's who turned up, about the OFFICIAL Yellow Card system whereby side effects of medical treatments are recorded.  He spoke no lies, he spoke no half-truths, he spoke just 'statistics'.   He spoke for HIS constituents.....who many MP's do that nowadays?  To call him a conspiracy theorist is a little bit disrespectful of a man who was trying to advise the British people of some dangers of a medical intervention.  ...Just to give the debate some balance.  This is not a theory or defaming.... just facts.  

How do you know that they are facts and also that they aren’t taken out of context ??