Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

They will move at some point before the window closes

At the risk of repeating myself for the thousandth time , they will go when somebody offers them the same pay as us. These players have agents who will protect their pay to the death.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

At the risk of repeating myself for the thousandth time , they will go when somebody offers them the same pay as us. These players have agents who will protect their pay to the death.

In other words, they're with us for the duration of their contracts unless we accept very low bids to enable the buying club to match their current wages.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Yea I can imagine the Saudis offered him a couple of Danish pastries and some loose change down they found down the back of the sofa…. 

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

In other words, they're with us for the duration of their contracts unless we accept very low bids to enable the buying club to match their current wages.

This is our greatest problem , to get out of it without writing off millions of pounds seems almost impossible.

2 minutes ago, Kegworthfox said:

Anybody thought why he is playing? Maybe just maybe he is the most experienced cb we have till coady is fit 

makes sense to keep and play him till coady is fit 

Agree, but party line is fume or leave. lol

The team building annual golf event earlier in the week saw Vestegaard playing in a 4 ball with Vardy and two others. On not playing very well, Vardy turns to him and says 'Yannick you've got some sh*t on the end of your club' Yannick lifts the club up to take a look, to which Vardy replies, 'No mate, the other end'.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

So basically the fee will need to be the sum of wages from today until contract expiry. To be frank, this may be the only option if we want to remove those  surplus to requirements. At least we save on the wages🫶………………..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kegworthfox said:

Anybody thought why he is playing? Maybe just maybe he is the most experienced cb we have till coady is fit 

makes sense to keep and play him till coady is fit 

Certainly is whilst Coady is not fit and is also to do with the 95.6% pass completion rate with in excess of 100 passes made. Only his long passes let him down with 3 from 7 completed. Maresca wants to ball moved. He fits the bill better 

Just now, Clarkey123 said:

Surely we could just move Doyle to LCB and put Justin at LB?  I don’t get why Maresca needs him:huh:

I hear you, however, under Maresca we don't play with 2 traditional full backs in our back four. Doyle is specifically designated to traverse between LB (when we don't have the ball) and LCB (when we have the ball). Problem is with asking Justin to do this, is that he's never done it before, and he is a bit prone to get caught under the ball on crosses. Also, Justin's game is strong in the 'bombing on' department. Doyle tends to sit more, as per the previous comment.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I hear you, however, under Maresca we don't play with 2 traditional full backs in our back four. Doyle is specifically designated to traverse between LB (when we don't have the ball) and LCB (when we have the ball). Problem is with asking Justin to do this, is that he's never done it before, and he is a bit prone to get caught under the ball on crosses. Also, Justin's game is strong in the 'bombing on' department. Doyle tends to sit more, as per the previous comment.

Agreed, and whilst JJ's left foot is decent, I think that for passing angles when in possession, it's ideal to have a left-footed player in Doyle's role. 

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The club should move a player on even if the manager wants to keep him? When you know people are losing it 

It’s not about wins or losses, it’s about keeping members of FT happy!

*Which of course is impossible

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The club should move a player on even if the manager wants to keep him? When you know people are losing it 

When we are still worried about FFP, the player has one year left on his ridiculous wage contract at the age of 31 and isnt a key player in the slightest then yes the club should be dictating whether hes moved on or not. They have a responsibility to safe guard our finances and future. Im sure Maresca would of wanted Barnes to stay but the club took it out his hands, should be exactly the same here

41 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

When we are still worried about FFP, the player has one year left on his ridiculous wage contract at the age of 31 and isnt a key player in the slightest then yes the club should be dictating whether hes moved on or not. They have a responsibility to safe guard our finances and future. Im sure Maresca would of wanted Barnes to stay but the club took it out his hands, should be exactly the same here

Look pay him up and he will be off tomorrow , they wouldn't do it with Perez and they won't with him.

23 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What happens if a player refuses to leave?

You can't make him and if he trains properly and makes himself available to play i.e. fulfills his contract , you have to pay him. I thought everybody knew that.

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

You don’t know what he earns. “Isn’t a key player”… in your opinion, but the hypothesis here is that the manager likes him and wants him (not that I think he does).

So we should sell all the players we need to to balance the books, no matter who that is. I agree…. Or is this just another Vestergaard bashing eh, because I’m not seeing it said about others!