Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Because he just played 90 minutes in a friendly a week before the season starts and souttar was on the bench and didn’t play a minute … 

Kidology.

” we won’t accept a low ball offer because he’s important to us- look at how great he is!”

surely that’s what it is… :cry:

• Sad 1

On 31/07/2023 at 19:45, MPH said:

Kidology.

” we won’t accept a low ball offer because he’s important to us- look at how great he is!”

surely that’s what it is… :cry:

I’m hoping this too. The thing is, even when he was actually doing ok for Southampton, it’s was part of a defensive back 3 rather than the back 4 that we revert to when defending under Maresca. I can’t see how he’s better than big Harry who we have locked in on a long term lower wage contract and who is an experienced Championship player. 

On 31/07/2023 at 19:42, Nolucklcfc said:

Because he just played 90 minutes in a friendly a week before the season starts and souttar was on the bench and didn’t play a minute … 

Playing devil's advocate (aka clutching at straws) maybe Souttar is in good shape and Vestergaard needs the minutes. 

Iheanacho was in line to start against Tottenham, suddenly its Daka who starts against Liverpool. They're all likely scheduled to have gotten a run out somewhere for minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Playing devil's advocate (aka clutching at straws) maybe Souttar is in good shape and Vestergaard needs the minutes. 

Iheanacho was in line to start against Tottenham, suddenly its Daka who starts against Liverpool. They're all likely scheduled to have gotten a run out somewhere for minutes. 

Hmmm.

Straw clutching is all we have at the moment, so I'm in!

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe but I find it surprising that soutttar didn’t get any minutes at all. 

OK so this based purely on watching the hour and half training session (yes I know..) but in that session with quick ball passing and intricate fast flowing sessions Vestergard was made to look like a sleek, lively, on the ball passing player. Whereas in comparison Harry (although far from rubbish) did look slower, less sharp and certainly less of a ball player.  We know that isn't the case and I'm sure Enzo is not daft.  But...

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Batfink77 said:

OK so this based purely on watching the hour and half training session (yes I know..) but in that session with quick ball passing and intricate fast flowing sessions Vestergard was made to look like a sleek, lively, on the ball passing player. Whereas in comparison Harry (although far from rubbish) did look slower, less sharp and certainly less of a ball player.  We know that isn't the case and I'm sure Enzo is not daft.  But...

I was just about to post the same. Looking at the 2 players in comparison, Vestergard looked the stronger of the 2. If that’s how they both are in training daily, no wonder Vestergard getting the nod on Saturday over Souttar. 

I’ve always been team Harry over the two, but yesterday opened my eyes a little 

• Like 1

Really do think EM will start him Sunday if we play a back 3.

I have the same views as most fans and would ideally like to see him gone but if he is chosen to start we have to get behind him and treat this season as a new slate for everyone. I think as mentioned above quality wise on the ball and his pretty impressive range of passing is what is giving him the egde over Soutts. 

Guess time will tell!