Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Trouble is, if we base it just on last season, maybe the last 2-3 seasons, the entire defence needs burning at the stake, but in reality there has to be an opportunity for Enzo to view these players despite past performances and form his decisions, and as the new managers to we have to give him that and not shackle his decisions with our own past judgements.

I understand where you are coming from with a clean slate and fresh eyes.  BR thought the players we had could play a certain way because he was coaching them.  To me this feels the same but I can’t wait to be proven wrong and Castange won’t drift across leaving his man and the back post open, Vestagard will be able to shoulder barge a player, Soumare will run after a player and Ndidi can make a 2 yard forward pass. 

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He absolutely was not. All Saints fans I know praise the day he left for a silly fee 

Yeah, I still remember Saints fans baffled that we spent £15m on Vestergaard rather than Bednarek

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Lads, this is Leicester! We all know what's going to happen! After a couple of season of being as useful as Anne Frank's drum-kit and many of us being desperate for him to leave, he's going to have a belter of a season before leaving for nowt next summer. 

You missed the part about where FT’ers then say Vestergaard has been treated appallingly and wasn’t given a chance by the clueless old regime 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He absolutely was not. All Saints fans I know praise the day he left for a silly fee 

Didn't say anything about the fee, we were desperate so overpaid. I assume the whole fanbase is represented by the saints fans you know. I know a fair few that said he was very good if you ignore the amount paid. 

Edited by Fox 4 Life

21 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

NEVER EVER would I have guessed that. Oh well, it's all water UNDER THE BRIDGE now. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Didn't say anything about the fee, we were desperate so overpaid. I assume the whole fanbase is represented by the saints fans you know. I know a fair few that said he was very good if you ignore the amount paid. 

I think he had one reasonable season in the last couple he had with them

I wish people would stop elevating this thread in the “Transfer Talk” section without any definitive news that he’s actually going. 

I’m fed up with the sense of eager anticipation followed almost immediately by crushing disappointment. I had enough of that last season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I wish people would stop elevating this thread in the “Transfer Talk” section without any definitive news that he’s actually going. 

I’m fed up with the sense of eager anticipation followed almost immediately by crushing disappointment. I had enough of that last season 

Ironic really...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I've never rated Vestegaard whilst Rodgers was at the helm, but there may be a few reasons why Maresca may give him a go.

a) He is comfortable receiving the ball and distributing it

b) The Championship strikers are not the same quality as the Premier League. Hence, his limited abilities won't be exposed as much

c) Hopefully, most games if all goes to plan, we won't be on the defensive for most parts.

I'm prepared to give him a fresh go, I won't moan if he makes the odd mistake (as some players seem to have a free ticket when they make mistakes), but I want see that his selection is warranted by sound performances - if not, I would expect Maresca to drop him from the team.

Good well thought points ,  I'll try to give him a go you have inspired me to try to be positive!  but I just worry about the man because he runs in treacle , and turns with the dynamic agility of an oil tanker.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

This. Saints fans were laughing at us on social media. My memory of him at Southampton watching games on Sky was occasionally ok playing a defensive 5, but not as good in the air as he should be, slow, targeted by opposing strikers and often benched!  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

This. Saints fans were laughing at us on social media. My memory of him at Southampton watching games on Sky was occasionally ok playing a defensive 5, but not as good in the air as he should be, slow, targeted by opposing strikers and often benched!  

IMG_8653.thumb.jpeg.f121308b44cd1458afad44be6ffc238c.jpeg

I screen grabbed this at the time, while he was really unlucky that for some reason VAR didn’t think this was a foul, he couldn’t shake him off or think to throw himself to the ground.