Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

Just now, Jabfox said:

Really do think EM will start him Sunday if we play a back 3.

I have the same views as most fans and would ideally like to see him gone but if he is chosen to start we have to get behind him and treat this season as a new slate for everyone. I think as mentioned above quality wise on the ball and his pretty impressive range of passing is what is giving him the egde over Soutts. 

Guess time will tell! 

Can’t wait till he gives the all away constantly and fans call for him enzo and vesty to leave 😁

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Really do think EM will start him Sunday if we play a back 3.

I have the same views as most fans and would ideally like to see him gone but if he is chosen to start we have to get behind him and treat this season as a new slate for everyone. I think as mentioned above quality wise on the ball and his pretty impressive range of passing is what is giving him the egde over Soutts. 

Guess time will tell! 

I'm with you and it's worth remembering, for his dozen or so games, the team as a whole were struggling defensively.

• Like 1

Seen more than enough of him to know he doesn’t fit in…

certainly isn’t the commanding defender we thought we were getting..doesn’t even want to compete with players in the air..

After watching last weekend, wasn’t arsed to even get back into a defensive position most of the time..

but it’s LCFC…. 
we have so much dross at the club at present that we can’t even shift..

• Like 1

On 03/08/2023 at 13:01, South Shire Fox said:

Just think his attitude stinks. Only player who didnt clap the fans at the training session and walked straight down the tunnel. I know hes had some stick but Danny Ward has had far more and even he could clap. Need people like him out this club asap, absolute leach

Honestly I don't get this. I really hate the guy, why doesn't he move! He's such leach it's unreal, and now Enzo seems to love him. The guy is a joke, fraud of a defender. If he starts against Cov, my estimations of Enzo will go down drastically. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 03/08/2023 at 12:34, Rigga said:

Seen more than enough of him to know he doesn’t fit in…

certainly isn’t the commanding defender we thought we were getting..doesn’t even want to compete with players in the air..

After watching last weekend, wasn’t arsed to even get back into a defensive position most of the time..

but it’s LCFC…. 
we have so much dross at the club at present that we can’t even shift..

Literally no one thought we were getting a commanding defender. Out of the signings Rodgers made, including Soumare and Daka, this is without a doubt the worst one.

We don't know the guy so it seems unfair to judge, but this is the Internet and it's what people do, he seems to have a chip on his shoulder. He's had a number of different opportunities presented to him where he could have left but has turned them all down. It's like he thinks to himself "sod it, I've been treated bad so I'm gonna stick around and ruin it for everyone else"

18 minutes ago, teblin said:

He’s a good footballer but not a great defender. You’d hope that at this level he’d be more than capable.

Or...... He's a shite footballer and an even worse defender.... 

• Like 1

If anyone has read Rob Tanner’s latest article, they should realise that Vestergaard isn’t going anywhere soon. 

Enzo actually is quoted as saying that he is a key player in his team.

This confuses the hell out of me, firstly because of what we know about his abilities compared to Souttar (the lack of physically and heading ability being the main issues), secondly because of Vestergaard’s open desire in interviews to leave and lastly because he is in his last year of his contract so surely we should be getting rid to attempt to claw back whatever we can from this awful piece of business.

Anyone else offer any reasoning behind this?

Edited by stu

Just now, stu said:

If anyone has read Rob Tanner’s latest post, they should realise that Vestergaard isn’t going anywhere soon. 

This confuses the hell out of me, firstly because of what we know about his abilities compared to Souttar (the lack of physically and heading ability being the main issues), secondly because of Vestergaard’s open desire in interviews to leave and lastly because he is in his last year of his contract so surely we should be getting rid to attempt to claw back whatever we can from this awful piece of business.

Anyone else offer any insight to contrary the above?

But Maresca has also said players need to leave and as we are close to signing 2 more and possibly others to come, at least 6 need to go.

6 minutes ago, stu said:

If anyone has read Rob Tanner’s latest article, they should realise that Vestergaard isn’t going anywhere soon. 

He did end that section by restating the window is open and anyone can leave.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Fresh season, fresh manager, fresh start. I'm prepared to give the lanky Dane an opportunity to turn it around and prove us all wrong if Maresca thinks he's worth it.

Proof of the pudding etc.

This is the point I think. If Coady is injured for a while, he could be a reasonable stop gap, and there is little doubt about his passing ability, it’s just everything else we need to see more from him on!

33 minutes ago, stu said:

I’m concerned that Enzo is coming at this with the same ego as BR. 

He can ping a good long ball but his positioning and awareness is poor. Him and Castange especially at the back post will cost us a lot of goals because more route one football will be played in this division. 

• Like 1

Lads, this is Leicester! We all know what's going to happen! After a couple of season of being as useful as Anne Frank's drum-kit and many of us being desperate for him to leave, he's going to have a belter of a season before leaving for nowt next summer. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Lads, this is Leicester! We all know what's going to happen! After a couple of season of being as useful as Anne Frank's drum-kit and many of us being desperate for him to leave, he's going to have a belter of a season before leaving for nowt next summer. 

That made me howl!!

4 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

I’m concerned that Enzo is coming at this with the same ego as BR. 

He can ping a good long ball but his positioning and awareness is poor. Him and Castange especially at the back post will cost us a lot of goals because more route one football will be played in this division. 

Trouble is, if we base it just on last season, maybe the last 2-3 seasons, the entire defence needs burning at the stake, but in reality there has to be an opportunity for Enzo to view these players despite past performances and form his decisions, and as the new managers to we have to give him that and not shackle his decisions with our own past judgements.

On 03/08/2023 at 13:01, South Shire Fox said:

Just think his attitude stinks. Only player who didnt clap the fans at the training session and walked straight down the tunnel. I know hes had some stick but Danny Ward has had far more and even he could clap. Need people like him out this club asap, absolute leach

Ah, but Danny can’t read to know that

1 or 2 mis-placed passes from him Sunday and the crowd will start to grumble which will be noticeable. Give a Goal away and watch the volume of fan dissent increase. Seriously needs to work hard to impress in a lot of areas and quickly