Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

Has one year left, crap, get rid. 

A fair bit of talk suggesting Vestergaard is one of the players that has been won over by Maresca. 6 of them in total. At what point is it being won over and simply refusing to leave.

I imagine it will be Praet, nacho, vestergaard. What heroes, All have one year left, leave free on big money next year and collect a big fat one this year also. He has already turned down 2 clubs of course he is happy to stay. Pay these players that don't want to be here and have to sell players that do because if it. 

get rid, but we just can’t, we have tried and we can’t and we will regret it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Has one year left, crap, get rid. 

A fair bit of talk suggesting Vestergaard is one of the players that has been won over by Maresca. 6 of them in total. At what point is it being won over and simply refusing to leave.

I imagine it will be Praet, nacho, vestergaard. What heroes, All have one year left, leave free on big money next year and collect a big fat one this year also. He has already turned down 2 clubs of course he is happy to stay. Pay these players that don't want to be here and have to sell players that do because if it. 

get rid, but we just can’t, we have tried and we can’t and we will regret it. 

The problem is how to get rid, as you've alluded to. They are on inflated wages and no one is prepared to pay what we're paying. Quite frankly, if someone offered me a job on a much reduced salary, then I probably would have the same attitude and say no thanks, I'm happy to run my contract down where I am. A footballer's career is relatively short and some want to make as much as they can. I do understand that there must be an element of professional pride and you'd like to think playing week in week out is just as important. However, unfortunately this comes down to Rudkin again, he's given them these inflated contracts and now can't get rid. Furthermore, a contract is a 2 way process - they are entitled to run it down, just as much as we can try and sell them. It just another mess that no one appears to take responsibility for at the club.

• Like 3

I don’t get the hate for him not moving clubs if he doesn’t want to. He must of seen 100s of players that clubs have got rid of without a thought to their future( it is a harsh profession, especially for young players)

if it’s not right for him he would be stupid to move, he owes the club nothing
PS

much rather have Souttar play Sunday

6 hours ago, stu said:

If anyone has read Rob Tanner’s latest article, they should realise that Vestergaard isn’t going anywhere soon. 

Enzo actually is quoted as saying that he is a key player in his team.

This confuses the hell out of me, firstly because of what we know about his abilities compared to Souttar (the lack of physically and heading ability being the main issues), secondly because of Vestergaard’s open desire in interviews to leave and lastly because he is in his last year of his contract so surely we should be getting rid to attempt to claw back whatever we can from this awful piece of business.

Anyone else offer any reasoning behind this?

One of the main responsibilities for the central defender is to be able to play the diagonal ball  out to the wingers to ease the pressure, the quarterback of the defence lets say. Vestegaard is the second best long range passer of our centre backs imo behind Coady.

For me it makes sense he stays as systematically in that role he is a good fit.

• Like 1

With the ball at his feet, he’s not bad. However, he has a flaw that can cost you needles goals and points. He is utterly useless defending the space behind him. I’m terrified of this prospect considering a lot of teams will be looking to put the ball into that space. 

It’s going to be a massive risk….

Terrible contract management.  Players not interested in being here need to be on the off-load list sooner than commencement date of the last 12 months.  Not easy to move players on I can appreciate but at least start the process earlier. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

One of the main responsibilities for the central defender is to be able to play the diagonal ball  out to the wingers to ease the pressure, the quarterback of the defence lets say. Vestegaard is the second best long range passer of our centre backs imo behind Coady.

For me it makes sense he stays as systematically in that role he is a good fit.

Even if he openly says he wants to leave and could play for a top 5 team?

I’d rather Souttar stay rather than someone who would be evidently playing for himself trying to get a move away.

He makes it very difficult to like and want to support him.

21 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Terrible contract management.  Players not interested in being here need to be on the off-load list sooner than commencement date of the last 12 months.  Not easy to move players on I can appreciate but at least start the process earlier. 

Or sign decent players and not a pile of misfits!

• Like 1

we should be snapping up players that can grow with club and manager not a player that wanted out, wrong side of 30 and into his final season of contract.

We missed out on Colwill we should be trying to get Harwood-Bellis not pandering to this guy for the sake of 10 diagonal balls a game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Thought he played well today.

Apart from him running in treacle after being caught miles out of position to allow Haji Wright 1 on 1 with Hermansen, who bailed him out with a brilliant stop?

He is what he is at this point, slow, laborious, caught out of position far too often and has zero recovery pace when he is. Bomb scare defensively. Neat and tidy with the ball you’d have to concede but defensively he’ll cost us far more than he saves us. 

• Like 4

I’ll hold my hands up, I personally advocated for Vesty in that central role for his ball playing ability, but he was a liability out there today. Cov didn’t really possess a quick striker up top today yet he was making them look like Usain Bolt. If we aren’t keep on Souttar in that role then another centre back who can play that role is needed.

• Like 1

Hopefully Enzo and co can see that, once playing against anyone with pace (Cov had very little of this yesterday), if you play Vestergaard, we're screwed.

Furthermore, how is such a big guy, not winning headers! 

I actually think he'd be ok in a team playing man-marking 4-4-2, with a low block, but that's not us.