Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

I'll go with what Enzo does, I'm not saying Vestegaard has covered himself in glory since he's been here and turning down Fulham last year didn't endear him to the fan base. But it is what it is, last year is history now.

Perhaps with Coady's injury he'll have an opportunity under the new boss to prove to us he can help us back to where we've been. Over to you Vesty & Enzo. Best of Luck 🤞 

What does he have that we haven’t seen already then that could potentially help us ? 
he’s an absolute car crash. But I’m willing to hear any positives he may have 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rigga said:

What does he have that we haven’t seen already then that could potentially help us ? 

OTT..critic,and a throw away statement that doesn’t serve anybody.

Both Souttar and Jannie are tall,taller than most…clubs spends millions on coaches

upto now,not one coach or manager have tried to utilise this advantage they would bring…even the first basics for a CB hight advantage while defending,hight advantage,when attacking from corners & set pieces…It’s quite pathetic that they don’t seem to be used/coached in this way. IMO if selected & given a run in the side they should be scoring or attacking the ball,and commanding at least their space and like many CBs in the top 2 divisions just routenly and cosmetically wandering taking their place and one sees not tactically used to attack the ball…

Morgan,Maguire,Soyu,Evans one saw they are more active and used tactically..

I have never seen any tactics from coaching/manager that they have been given

deliberate plan A or Bs..Its no use excusing the opp will be ready,so what,!!
it still means they concentrate more on Player A,leaving space for another,Maguire a prime example of a planned tactic, of where he stands and movement…for club,and internationally….and is always a big threat…has an irritation or scoring..

Vest has height..which he had never used to his advantage for us.. not due to being coached… from a point of view that even in 1 on 1 situation he doesn’t attack the ball. That has nothing to do with coaching.

He is not a commanding CB simple as that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

OTT..critic,and a throw away statement that doesn’t serve anybody.

Both Souttar and Jannie are tall,taller than most…clubs spends millions on coaches

upto now,not one coach or manager have tried to utilise this advantage they would bring…even the first basics for a CB hight advantage while defending,hight advantage,when attacking from corners & set pieces…It’s quite pathetic that they don’t seem to be used/coached in this way. IMO if selected & given a run in the side they should be scoring or attacking the ball,and commanding at least their space and like many CBs in the top 2 divisions just routenly and cosmetically wandering taking their place and one sees not tactically used to attack the ball…

Morgan,Maguire,Soyu,Evans one saw they are more active and used tactically..

I have never seen any tactics from coaching/manager that they have been given

deliberate plan A or Bs..Its no use excusing the opp will be ready,so what,!!
it still means they concentrate more on Player A,leaving space for another,Maguire a prime example of a planned tactic, of where he stands and movement…for club,and internationally….and is always a big threat…has an irritation or scoring..

We know the tactics for defending corners was insane, Vardy on the near post flicking into his own net, Barnes expecting to mark players a foot taller than him.  These two should be up the pitch like what served us well pre BR.

What you have failed to mention is that Vestagard is a really weak player so tactics don’t even come into play.  He was bullied constantly by pretty much everyone.  He’s a gentle giant.

Passing is his strongest area, just not the most useful for what we needed him to do. Stop attackers. 

Edited by Richmondfox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

We know the tactics for defending corners was insane, Vardy on the near post flicking into his own net, Barnes expecting to mark players a foot taller than him.  These two should be up the pitch like what served us well pre BR.

What you have failed to mention is that Vestagard is a really weak player so tactics don’t even come into play.  He was bullied constantly by pretty much everyone.  He’s a gentle giant.

Passing is his strongest area, just not the most useful for what we needed him to do. Stop attackers. 

Don’t disagree,but I ask,after seeing him playing his first International games,where he seemed decent,confident & competent…what happened at club level,??
where were the coaches & CB tactics…Clubs have 3-4 coaches plus Gk coach.

I have to ask fking why…What defenders have they improved in the last 20-30yrs,where fans remember the name,outside the PLs maybe top 4 clubs..

The proof would be when opposition remember their names..

Giving achievement awards,is an internal  thing “job/awards for the boys”

too little comes from the fans…Heading the ball can be coached,ball play can’t,that’s a natural skill from the individual,what a decent coach can play with & improve the individuals awareness,& team play,plus timing of movement.

44 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Would agree if this was going to be another season in the Premier League, but we should have more of the ball on our terms, more opportunity for Jannik to be useful at what he is best at, specifically not moving much and pinging balls into the channels. I live in hope anyway. lol

Vestegaard has been a failure for us but he's played plenty of games in the Bundasliege and in the Prem for Southampton doing a good job. There's a good player in there somewhere. If Maresca thinks he can bring that out then great. If not flog him to whomever will take him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fkas said:

Vestegaard has been a failure for us but he's played plenty of games in the Bundasliege and in the Prem for Southampton doing a good job. There's a good player in there somewhere. If Maresca thinks he can bring that out then great. If not flog him to whomever will take him.

this bit made me laugh way more than it should have

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Viva said:

It’s quite natural to not like a player that is clearly pretty happy not playing and taking a salary out of the club for doing nothing. 
He’s fully entitled to do that, but don’t go moaning to the press when you miss the World Cup when you had the opportunity to move to a decent club. 

There's not liking a player and then there's hatred. Football fans in general are weird, so it's not exclusively a Leicester City issue. I'd say other than Vardy and maybe Albrighton, no player is off the table when it comes to abuse, based on the last 2 years. So it's not a surprise when he's singled out.

Fully agree with your last sentence. Remarks like that will invite scrutiny.

For clarity, I'd like him to move. I assume he's not in Maresca's plans. I don't think he's as shit as he's been for us and in the Championship he'd be decent. But it has to be in a backline that plays to his strengths, which we've certainly not witnessed since he signed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fkas said:

He was in and out of the team at Southampton throughout his time there. Saints fans were happy to see him leave. Get rid. 

13 hours ago, Rigga said:

Your opinion matters, however I did write " I'll go with what Enzo does " & " he'll have an opportunity under the new boss to prove to us he can help us " If the Enzo sees something in him that we may not then I'll still go with his decision. :thumbup: 

On 26/07/2023 at 15:36, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I’d quite like him to stay.

Reckon he’d tear up the Championship.

let’s not get carried away… this is the same player who conceded 7 goals to a fulham youth team last season. 

He’ll always look better in preseason because there’s no real urgency in the press or physicality in the battles. Give him time on the ball and yeah he can pick a pass but a real match has intensity and that’s where he struggles 

of course i would love for him to be that surprise package and pull a bit of a hutton transformation at villa, but let’s wait to see 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Your opinion matters, however I did write " I'll go with what Enzo does " & " he'll have an opportunity under the new boss to prove to us he can help us " If the Enzo sees something in him that we may not then I'll still go with his decision. :thumbup: 

Well if enzo can turn this gentle giant into someone that wants to attack the football  then bring it on..

If it’s not already within though , ya cant teach  it..

6 hours ago, fkas said:

Players do get worse though 

he played in Germany 5 years ago.

11 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

He’s got to be up there, with the worst signings ever. Slow, weak and poor in the air for his height. How much did the club pay for him?

Agree. If we'd bought a decent CB for our system to replace Fofana after he got injured, we probably get into Europe again and last season doesn't happen. 

And him turning down Fulham at the start of the previous season when he had a chance to cash in, so frustrating. 

• Like 1

Confidence is a huge thing, and a lot of our squad right now have zero. Enzo needs to wipe the slate clean and who knows, with a few decent performances early doors the confidence returns and we see a difference in everyone.

I'm tyring to find the positives here :)