Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Just when it was starting to look up...

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Isco was linked with joining Union Berlin earlier. Not sure if anything has happened yet.

2 minutes ago, Diffco said:

Iscos gone to Union Berlin I think? 

Deal fell through, he / his agent tried to change the agreement with Union Berlin even after he had passed his medical

Any chance that Albrighton going is a result of Soyuncu’s departure breaking down. Rather than abandon bringing in Souttar but needing to free up some salary? :dunno:

At this rate if (quite a big if) Evans gets match fit and Souttar joins we’ll have 6 CB’s, 2 of which we have no intention of using but only 2 wingers plus Praet & Maddison. A squad as lopsided as Vestergaard and Mendy on a Pedalo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tete is a massive improvement on Perez and Albrighton but in a relegation battle with a horrendous track record for injuries them we are playing a reckless game here.

Basically this, and what a totally unnecessary risk to take as well. What do we gain from it? We save about £1mil in wages? That's hardly worth having to risk throwing Maswanhise in or play Daka on the wing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Basically this, and what a totally unnecessary risk to take as well. What do we gain from it? We save about £1mil in wages? That's hardly worth having to risk throwing Maswanhise in or play Daka on the wing.

I wonder if with Kristiansen representing a far more athletic option down the left than Thomas, Souttar hopefully improving us at centre back and Ricardo supposedly not a million miles off returning, we've got half an eye on going 3 at the back and see that as our plan B should Tete and/or Barnes get injured.

Still got Madders and Youri ; together with the 2 new guys that looks like quite a good window from where I’m sitting . I can’t escape the view that Leeds might be chuffed at the failure to sell to a relegation rival but think if we stay up we can do better business with that money in the summer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

I agree, but does anyone see Rodgers playing two wingers and Maddison central? It's not happening, if he's playing two wingers he'll be keeping KDH in that central position.

...Wilf and Tielemans worked well as a two previously!!!

We do not have to play the double pivot,  just let Wilf stay at home where he is best, screening the backline.

We have previously excelled with a 4-2-3-1,  I would say it is our strongest and best formation  and out of possession Maddison drops in to give support to the midfield.  There is no point bringing in Tete, then sabotaging the team with players out of position. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guest said:

I wonder if with Kristiansen representing a far more athletic option down the left than Thomas, Souttar hopefully improving us at centre back and Ricardo supposedly not a million miles off returning, we've got half an eye on going 3 at the back and see that as our plan B should Tete and/or Barnes get injured.

It's a possibility but even then, Albrighton was an option in that system and I still don't see a feasible left sided centre back.

3 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Knowing that the refusal of certain players to move, and our complete mismanagement of the squad / wage budget over the past few seasons is a big reason why Marc is being let go, even just for 6 crucial months, makes it all even worse. We're actually being held to ransom by Rodgers' and Rudkin's mistakes in the transfer market.

It's been a real shake back to reality after a day which had me feeling optimistic for the first time in months as a Leicester fan. You can bring in new faces, but there's still a truly rotten culture at the heart of our club right now, and that doesn't get fixed without something fairly drastic happening - probably relegation.

You’ve captured my feelings.  My expectations for this window weren’t high, and I was OK with just a brief loan for the RW we need, and a CB who be “may” be what we need (I'm not confident there, but what do I know).

That was enough to start the feel-good factor coming back.  But Kevin’s move just pisses all over that.

Feeling, not fact ... but we remain just as much on the wrong track.