Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare's Blue Army!

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I don’t care what fans of Villa and Norwich think about Smith and co. If by some miracle he keeps us up, he’ll be a Leicester hero.

Let’s do all we can to back him and hope that he can sufficiently motivate this team of underachieving softies and clean up the mess that Rodgers left behind.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just do not let S&S anywhere near the first team. That Team selection against Bournemouth is something bordering on the insane.,

let’s get behind the new men and give this a go.

S & S need getting rid of at the end of the season and start afresh with a new coaching team for next season 

• Like 3

Just now, st albans fox said:

Interesting me that JT is on board 

He left the pair in July 2020 a few months before they were sacked by villa

he didn’t join them at norwich 

it could be as simple as him being in a job at Chelsea but why come here for two months ????

This what ever you think of him as a person, not a lot, He knows how to defend and organize a defence.

• Like 2

Just now, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

He took over at Norwich in November... They weren't anywhere near done.

their squad was atrocious to be fair. They were always destined to be relegated IMO. 

Not saying Smith didn't play a part in that, but I certainly wouldn't judge him too harshly either. 

Villa fans mostly positive about him. I like the Shakey/John Terry combo coming in too. Familiar face and a bastard! Could work 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Interesting me that JT is on board 

He left the pair in July 2020 a few months before they were sacked by villa

he didn’t join them at norwich 

it could be as simple as him being in a job at Chelsea but why come here for two months ????

I think when he left he thought he'd get manager job offers; he under estimated how much he's disliked. 

If he fixes this defence even I'll sing his coaching praises. I bet he's agreed a very nice bonus if we stay up too. 

5 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

This what ever you think of him as a person, not a lot, He knows how to defend and organize a defence.

Still odd that he wants to come here for what looks Iike a lost cause for less than two months - surely he doesn’t need the money we’d be paying  him.  I get he may like a challenge but I can’t see much upside for him 

EDIT:  I think he is involved at Chelsea with the youngsters and if he doesn’t like Frank then maybe this gives him the excuse to get out of there whilst Frank is around 

Edited by st albans fox

19 minutes ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

Yeah that's it, sack Brendon Rogers and bring in Dean Smith what a master stroke!

Let's be honest, sack Brendan Rodgers and bring in Ronald McDonald and we'd be in a better position. 

I'm going to be giving any new gaffer the chance to lead us before I make judgement. Underwhelming or not I will be backing the new manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Still odd that he wants to come here for what looks Iike a lost cause for less than two months - surely he doesn’t need the money we’d be paying  him.  I get he may like a challenge but I can’t see much upside for him 

Just think of the credit he’ll get if he improves our defence. That in itself would deserve a gold star and certificate 

Fair do’s for them taking a crack at it. Like it or not it’s what we’ve got. Let’s hope they’re on the case soon as possible and hopefully JT might be able to do something with the defence. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

They keep us up from this mess they are probably favorites for the job full time, they go down but they get the players to show some fight and pride they may give themselves another chance next season in the championship.