Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

Just now, AKCJ said:

Australia will score at 4 an over tomorrow with less than half of the stupidity we have seen today. That's why they're World Test champions.

....I wish I had this level of confidence about something that's by no means guaranteed.

I guess it makes sense for folks to be reactionary, but is what's going on now (not just this comment) really going to be the buzz every time a daft wicket falls, before we really have much idea at all of the context of a match?

There's enough of that in one of the match threads when City play.

Root in great form, all of Cricket knows he's capable of 150+, yet the morons he's batting with want to try and knock the ball out the ground. This 'Bazball' term is an excuse for horrific decision making which has plagued much of these players for years. Moeen Ali and Stuart Broad were doing this before Baz was in the job. The thing with Broad is that at least he offers something with the ball, Ali is like playing with one less. 

Now Robinson is reverse sweeping, wtf is this?

1. Robinson and Jimmy should just let Root play the shots now, definitely agree there.

2. This extremely aggressive playing style clearly isn't fit for purpose, seeing as it has lost 11 of the last 13 Tests in which it was involved, some against difficult opposition away from home.... oh, hang on, sorry, won, you say? Oh, well, easy mistake to make.

(Pardon the sarcasm on point 2 there, but I'm really not getting some of the thought processes going on here and it all seems a bit odd.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Declaring Lol. Gotta love it really.

No wonder Root unleashed lol

Interesting choice. But gives the bowlers a good go at the openers. I reckon England will get a wicket too. Psychologically would be perfect. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I'd have given Root another over to unleash but let's hope it pays off

To be honest a couple of cheap wickets because they are jade from a day in the field is worth more then 10 or so runs.

Only reason to keep batting is if you were going to bat on tomorrow.

• Like 1