Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Are we staying up?  

493 members have voted

  1. 1. Are we staying up?

    • Yes
      229
    • No
      271


Recommended Posts

Posted

4 tough games remaining, and I've not seen a relegation poll for a while. Bookies, media and fans of other clubs think we'll stay up. I'm not so sure. Defensively we are still a shambles and I think Newcastle and Liverpool will take more advantage of this than Everton did. I still think we are relying too much on other teams dropping points so I think it's 60-40 in favour of us going down. 

Posted
Just now, Tuna said:

Voted no but meant to vote for yes.

Yeh sorry I tried to make the title more positive than are we getting relegated. I then proceded to be negative with my comment so didn't really work 🤣. You think we'll stay up? 

  • Haha 1
Posted

Yes.  I feel we will just get over the line,  think we will surprise Newcastle and get something that will be the game that will wake us up and get something from the next game too.  But if we continue with Ndidi in midfield, then it's a very shaky yes from me.

Posted

Think we had to beat one of Leeds or Everton. Ideally we should have got at least 4 points from those matches.

Fulham, Liverpool and Newcastle can comfortably beat us.

Not confident.

  • Like 1
Posted

Far less confident than I was. Needed to get a win from Leeds or Everton. 

Fulham, Newcastle and Liverpool are tough. So depressing writing that. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Convinced we need 5 points to stay up.

 

Can't see us winning any of next 3, and don't trust us to have the bottle to handle the pressure of last day at home to West Ham.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

Far less confident than I was. Needed to get a win from Leeds or Everton. 

Fulham, Newcastle and Liverpool are tough. So depressing writing that. 


The same Liverpool that lost to Wolves and Bournemouth? Newcastle I would say is the hardest game of the season left, we can beat one of Liverpool or Fulham , if we get 4 points from those games we are staying up imo.

Posted

Voted no, but hoping I'm wrong. 

 

I haven't seen enough to change my mind in the last few games. 

 

Dean and his team have seen enough to know who the good players are but he still insists on playing out of form players in a formation that doesn't work for us. 

 

Unfortunately I feel that we won't win any more games from the rest of the season and expecting 2 or 3 other teams to do worse is not what I think will happen. We have made 2 poor sides look like they were competent and we were lucky to come away with a point from both. 

  • Like 1
Posted

I voted yes. We have winnable games. The Leeds and Everton games were so nervy i am not surprised we didn't get a win. 

 

Fulham away - They are mid table and injuries/suspensions have halted their season. We can win their

 

Liverpool Home - Not expecting anything but lets not forget Liverpool have been poor at the back this season. I can see us causing trouble for them. 

 

Newcastle Away - I am hoping they will have Top 4 sewn up, which surely they will have. We may play them when they are in celebratory mode

 

West Ham Home - Very much a winnable game.

 

I fancy us to get some points out the last 4 games. Here's hoping

Posted
3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Convinced we need 5 points to stay up.

 

Can't see us winning any of next 3, and don't trust us to have the bottle to handle the pressure of last day at home to West Ham.

There's one argument though what makes me slightly hopeful. We've gotta match two teams results over this next four to stay up. 

 

If Man City keep being ruthless, Everton and Leeds are effectively down to three games. Therefore I am slowly convinced a single win might be enough. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:


The same Liverpool that lost to Wolves and Bournemouth? Newcastle I would say is the hardest game of the season left, we can beat one of Liverpool or Fulham , if we get 4 points from those games we are staying up imo.

Yup. But as we failed to beat a Leeds team that had recently been well battered by others my confidence is low. 

Posted
Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

For me, no.

 

We needed more points from the Leeds and Everton fixtures. 
 

I can see us getting 3 or 4 more points but it won’t be enough. 


Personally I think 4 points will be enough I cannot see any of the teams below us matching that other than Forest. So by virtual of goal difference or one point we are staying up.

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, Samilktray said:

Nothing I’ve seen from us since Dean Smith came in has made me think we’ll stay up tbf 

Surely the three games unbeaten and not being in the bottom three must have at least made you think we're at least slightly more likely to stay up than looked to be the case?

 

And no, I'm not filled with unjustified optimism - we're crap and could easily get relegated. I'm just not filled with unnecessary pessimism - we're no more (and probably marginally less) likely to go down than any of the teams below us.

  • Like 1
Posted

It's going down to the wire. I voted yes as I think 33/34 will be enough - but one or two slightly surprising results and we'll go. It's on a knife-edge.

Posted
Just now, Phil Bowman said:

Surely the three games unbeaten and not being in the bottom three must have at least made you think we're at least slightly more likely to stay up than looked to be the case?

 

And no, I'm not filled with unjustified optimism - we're crap and could easily get relegated. I'm just not filled with unnecessary pessimism - we're no more (and probably marginally less) likely to go down than any of the teams below us.

It’s made me think it’s more possible yeah but I don’t think it’s going to happen 

Posted (edited)

Voted yes. Think 5 points definitely keeps us up with our goal difference but 4 possibly will. Think we'll beat West Ham last day as they'll rest players and those playing won't want to pick up an injury ahead of the Conference League final (assuming they make it of course). That means we'll need a minimum of 1 point from the other 3 games which I think is doable. 

 

Edited by ian__marshall

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...