Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

A quote from the Athletic

Maresca and Leicester have discussed the backroom staff members to potentially join the Italian manager. Part of the initial plans he had were readjusted due to the difficulties around granting a UK work permit to some of the personnel.

(The Athletic)

this suggests we have been talking to him for a a while if we have already found out some of his team don’t qualify for a work permit…

I'm also assuming part of our interview process, due diligence would be to sound out how much any backroom staff would cost or any issues with them. 

I'm curious who we'd be bringing in as well. Could be wise to have a mixture of his people and experienced football league heads 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

A quote from the Athletic

Maresca and Leicester have discussed the backroom staff members to potentially join the Italian manager. Part of the initial plans he had were readjusted due to the difficulties around granting a UK work permit to some of the personnel.

(The Athletic)

this suggests we have been talking to him for a a while if we have already found out some of his team don’t qualify for a work permit…

Wouldn't this also suggest that some of his team are from outside the EU & EEA if they require a work permit? Unless it's a Brexit thing and I'm a little behind on my footy regulations. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I genuinely believe they wanted to keep BR on to the end of the season so he'd be poached or quit, thus saving having to pay him off - this seems even more reasonable if we are to believe they've been monitoring Maresca as a replacement, knowing they couldn't approach him until now.

The club could of had an honest chat with Rogers saying this, so he was motivated enough to at least keep us in the division. Last season however he spins it, is a stain on his cv, whereas if we'd of finished 15th or 16th, it wouldn't have been.

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

The club could of had an honest chat with Rogers saying this, so he was motivated enough to at least keep us in the division. Last season however he spins it, is a stain on his cv, whereas if we'd of finished 15th or 16th, it wouldn't have been.

Maybe they did :dunno:  I think there was as much chance of him picking up 11 points than Smith.... who knows.

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Wouldn't this also suggest that some of his team are from outside the EU & EEA if they require a work permit? Unless it's a Brexit thing and I'm a little behind on my footy regulations. 

Argentinian? 

image.png.dab5bb11dad45857f398981fb04f023d.png

Just now, lgfualol said:

Do we still have a media team or is it Top and Rudkin filming the announcement video, because if so it could take a while. 

Depends, Leeds announced there would be no staff redundancies.... we did not. So i've no idea how much smaller the off pitch teams are at present. 

You'll noticed on twitter the last few weeks there's been a real drop in the use of graphics, just very simple player images instead. So it might be that some have gone, or like a lot of Champ clubs we are in the middle of our two week shut down.

4 minutes ago, bmt said:

Most excited I've ever been about a managerial appointment.

If this goes massively tits up I'd still prefer it to getting promoted (or more likely not) with Scott Parker. Got a load of Fulham mates who say his football is the worst ever. Excited about leicester for the first time I'm ages

It's only really last season I wasn't ever really excited and even that had the 4-0 forest, 4-1 Spurs and 4-2 Villa. I've wanted Rogers gone for a year, but the amount of excitement I had in 2019/20 with the football we were playing. We have had pretty much at least 10 years of excitement, the pessimist has had maybe 2 years of boredom. How you can be more excited about Enzo than you were Rogers in 2019 is beyond me, as others have said he hasn't done anything yet, whereas however sour it ended with Rogers, he was at least proven at the time of hiring.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Brexit means the EU/EEA staff will need work permits. Maresca wil be fine, one would assume, but they'll be delays in getting some of the lesser names.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmt said:

If this goes massively tits up I'd still prefer it to getting promoted (or more likely not) with Scott Parker. Got a load of Fulham mates who say his football is the worst ever. Excited about leicester for the first time I'm ages

That's just it isn't it, we need to get excited about things.

This is from the Telegraph Article:

"Maresca is understood to have produced an outstanding interview in which he outlined his philosophy and vision for Leicester’s future."

I'm really looking forward to hearing from the guy. I remember him as a player, he was pretty good in his day, never the main man but a cultured player who read the game well. According to Pep he is very humble, which is a big change from the PR brand that is Brendan Rodgers.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's just it isn't it, we need to get excited about things.

This is from the Telegraph Article:

"Maresca is understood to have produced an outstanding interview in which he outlined his philosophy and vision for Leicester’s future."

I'm really looking forward to hearing from the guy. I remember him as a player, he was pretty good in his day, never the main man but a cultured player who read the game well. According to Pep he is very humble, which is a big change from the PR brand that is Brendan Rodgers.

I'm looking forward to it, but my point is the 10 years of success is in my mind more so than the last 1-2 years. Any football club outside the big 6 would take 10 good years then 1-2 bad years. I don't understand why the morale was so low with the fan base. I think we will be back to the premiership within 2 years, if we don't go up next season but the signs are there, I'm happy to stay 2 seasons in the championship if we build some solid foundations to do well again, when we are back in the premiership.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Out of everyone linked (forget Hutter and Potter etc, never realistic), it feels like they've gone for the right man. I hope I'm not proved wrong and our football club can return at the first attempt, but come what may, we get behind Maresca and the lads as we always do.

.. if he attains the success that we all hope for, Pep will leave his role in 2025, just long enough for Maresca to take over his legacy!!!

15 minutes ago, bmt said:

You’d rather this goes tits up than get promoted with Scott Parker? 

Someone help me understand. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It's only really last season I wasn't ever really excited and even that had the 4-0 forest, 4-1 Spurs and 4-2 Villa. I've wanted Rogers gone for a year, but the amount of excitement I had in 2019/20 with the football we were playing. We have had pretty much at least 10 years of excitement, the pessimist has had maybe 2 years of boredom. How you can be more excited about Enzo than you were Rogers in 2019 is beyond me, as others have said he hasn't done anything yet, whereas however sour it ended with Rogers, he was at least proven at the time of hiring.

You've misquoted me. I said in ages. Like 18 months or so. Which has felt like 10 years. That's kind of the point!

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You’d rather this goes tits up than get promoted with Scott Parker? 

Someone help me understand. 

If we went up playing shit parker football we'd come straight back down. We have a real chance to build something exciting here, I think it's a really positive appointment. I'm glad we are trying something new.

But honestly supporting leicester has been a drag this season and this feels like something fresh, Parker would have been more of the same

Edited by bmt
  • Like 3